Enabling MPEG encoding for Radeon

DewGrabber

Hi , I'm new to the board and have just bought the OEM 64mb DDR VIVO. I'm running it under ME and have had no problems. The DVD output is stunning and the S-Video and composite out both produce good results on TV. There is just one problem, the card was specced as being able to do MPEG-1 /2 encoding but I can't seem to get this running. The theatre chip drivers are installed but when I try to run the "Video In" app all I get is an error saying that the TV player failed to initialise the video. Now I know that I have no TV decoder on board so what should I be doing? I read elsewhere that all you had to do was install some dll's that the install leaves out but I have not been able to locate them.

Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've read you have to have WEB TV for windows installed before this will work. Let me know if this helps.

I'm running 98SE, and I had to load WebTV before I could get my video-in to work.

Nice one Guys you hit the nail on the head. As I read your replies I remembered not installing WebTV as I though I wouldn't need it. Anyway, I now have two new bits of hardware found by ME: A closed caption Decoder and a NABTS/FEC VBI Codec (Whatever that is, I'm guessing it does the encoding. )Does it? So thaks a lot I would'nt have thought of the lack of a WebTV install being the problem. Now all I have to do is get something other than black and grey lines on the Video Input. It's probably teh scart output on my TV/Video not delivering the goods as I get sound ok but no picture. I'll try connecting up via S-Video and let you know if I get any more luck.

Back