Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

AMD AMD Radeon HD 7750 & HD 7770 Launch Review @ Rage3D.com

AMD launches the Cape Verde series, including the Radeon HD 7750 and HD 7770 GHz Edition graphics cards. Are they enough to pull you away from your sweetheart today?

AMD Radeon HD 7750 & HD 7770 Launch Review
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:35 AM   #2
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice review from the Rage team. I liked the comparison to the 6000 series especially.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:01 AM   #3
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

I didn't know GCN was going to make it below the 79xx series, a very nice surprise. I thought VLIW4 had another round. The power/performance is way better then Juniper which for it's time was pretty darn good as it was. Still the performance improvements was, well kinda weak, hopefully the price of these will fall with the 7750 going less then $100. Still for a little more then $100 you can get a rather nice, feature riched card that can play modern games fairly well. Great review.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Bigfoot
Rag Doll

Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
I didn't know GCN was going to make it below the 79xx series, a very nice surprise. I thought VLIW4 had another round. The power/performance is way better then Juniper which for it's time was pretty darn good as it was. Still the performance improvements was, well kinda weak, hopefully the price of these will fall with the 7750 going less then $100. Still for a little more then $100 you can get a rather nice, feature riched card that can play modern games fairly well. Great review.
I like the native support for double precision floats. Could be a nice little OpenCL beast.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:57 AM   #5
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
I like the native support for double precision floats. Could be a nice little OpenCL beast.
Agree, we need some OpenCL app stores that show case programmers/developers and really push using multi-threading programs taking advantage of todays and tomorrows hardware. Basically for tasks that can be broken down into multiple threads can literally see a huge jump in performance using the GPU.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Bigfoot
Rag Doll

Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bigfoot once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I just starting to experiment with opencl and am having fun. I'm getting 3.7 teraflops/sec from a GTX 260M for matrix multiplication (given it has to be done on a 2000x2000 element matrix to achieve these results).

I would love to see my program run on a 7xxx series card. if you have one laying around, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:09 AM   #7
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

email me the app and now to run it, I'll try it out.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Good review. I thought the OC performance was impressive. The power consumption certainly is as well. I wonder if newer drivers will improve performance further?

Thanks for the review, Jim!

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote