Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 19, 2021, 07:15 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Mortal Kombat (movie 2021)

Well......i'm not sure if they'll completely ruin it or if it will end up as somewhat decent. Thoughts?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 07:19 AM   #2
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I loved the original. Will watch.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 08:54 AM   #3
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

First one was a fun flick, decently faithful to the source material, but PG and lots of campiness (part of its charm).

Annihilation....lets pretend that one never happened.

This one looks to bring out the mortal kombatness of the source material with actual gore. Im not sure how the insane fatalities and the more unreal type moves and stuff will translate to the big screen (they do show a bit of the action like Scorp's spear and sub zero freezing some blood and making it a stabbing weapon). But it looks promising. Hopefully the things they reference from the game (one liners and such) dont feel or sound like cheese and wasnt just added in because its part of the game and had to be in.....

The one hilarious and facepalming thing is how everyone is complaining about scorpions "GET OVER HERE" sounding muffled and weaksauce lol.
I mean...its an actual guy, saying the actual phrase while wearing a mask and not some speaker blaring a video game voiceover during the move.

And poor jax, dude gets his arms ripped off by so many different people in the series lol.

It looks promising and it seems like they made good casting choices too.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2021, 09:31 AM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I liked the original back in the day, but my tastes have changed since then. Not sure I'd watch it now. This trailer made me cringe a bit. Not sure I'll bother watching it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:05 AM   #5
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Kidna a bummer they took out Johny Cage.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:54 AM   #6
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

time for a new video game, and action figures, and lunch box... and....
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:24 AM   #7
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I had high hopes for this movie but I have many issues with the cast and direction of the film:

1.) Introducing an unknown character probably isn't the best idea. I know the director stated that with every new MK released they always introduced new characters. But this isn't a new installment of MK, its a re-telling of the inception of Mortal Kombat. So Cole Young replaces Johnny Cage ( who isn't in the film ). But supposedly has connections to Scorpion. Now he can't be the son that was killed at the hands of Sub Zero ( Quan Chi in disguise ). That was never alluded to in franchise and I am sorry you can't change an iconic characters story like Scorpion for a film, like **** that. My theory is he will end up being Cyrax as the color of his gloves and outfit are yellow. Or he could be Kuai Liang who is the brother of Bi Han but that's a long stretch.

2.) Jax losing his arms to Sub Zero... I can't believe how many times people especially those who claim to be Mortal Kombat Gods AKA Youtubers claim Goro tore off Jax's arms. False, Jax had his arms in MK2, he lost them to Kintaro. That is the original time line. He then lost them to Ermac or replaced them himself to give him an edge in the newer or alternate time lines.... In the new Scorpion animated movie he loses them to Goro, which again is another alternate time line but shouldn't be??? The time lines are so convoluted now....

3.) Kano fighting on the side of good... I mean come on, he's never fought on the side of good. Even in the first MK game he had his metal face plate which is missing in the film. Now what I think will happen is he will end up killing Cole which will then set off Sonya and Jax, and by the end Kano will be so beaten that he will get his laser eye. But this version of Kano doesn't exist in any MK iteration until now...

4.) Why is Raiden Asian??? Like the snow flakes come out of the wood work when Ed Skrien was given the role in Hellboy as Ben Daimio. The character has and always will be of Asian decent. But Raiden has and always will be Cracka white in the games. But the movie........... But we can't say anything as we'd be considered racist.

5.) Released on HBO Max outside of theaters only in the US OF TRUMP. I mean the rest of the world knows Covid is real and those countries are shut down. Theaters are not open and HBO Max movie releases are only available in the US an not outside that god forbidden country... I mean for one your gonna lose revenue, you'd make more if you released world wide as say VOD or something like that, but to limit it to HBO Max which is only available in the US really causes you to lose revenue....

6.) Low budget = low value??? WB wouldn't give them a proper budget which is why they went with the cast they did. But the trailer seems good.

I dunno. I'll defiantely see this but I go in with low expectations
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:46 AM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

This looks way better than the old ones... its more gritty and violent like the game. Ill watch it

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:49 AM   #9
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This trailer looks cool.

Will watch.

Regarding movies like this, I'm easily pleased.

Here are the director's comments:

Last edited by Capt. Picard : Feb 19, 2021 at 01:51 PM.
Capt. Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 02:41 PM   #10
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I liked the trailer except for the predictable and lame "Get over here" line that has been used and abused on every video game/movie made of MK.

Loved the first movie and will watch this one when it gets released.
ElBerryKM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 04:10 PM   #11
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'll pass on this one, but I can't want for the live action Animal Crossing.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 04:46 PM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Looks good. Will watch when it launches.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 06:41 PM   #13
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'll pass on this one, but I can't want for the live action Animal Crossing.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2021, 09:41 PM   #14
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I had high hopes for this movie but I have many issues with the cast and direction of the film:

1.) Introducing an unknown character probably isn't the best idea. I know the director stated that with every new MK released they always introduced new characters. But this isn't a new installment of MK, its a re-telling of the inception of Mortal Kombat. So Cole Young replaces Johnny Cage ( who isn't in the film ). But supposedly has connections to Scorpion. Now he can't be the son that was killed at the hands of Sub Zero ( Quan Chi in disguise ). That was never alluded to in franchise and I am sorry you can't change an iconic characters story like Scorpion for a film, like **** that. My theory is he will end up being Cyrax as the color of his gloves and outfit are yellow. Or he could be Kuai Liang who is the brother of Bi Han but that's a long stretch.

2.) Jax losing his arms to Sub Zero... I can't believe how many times people especially those who claim to be Mortal Kombat Gods AKA Youtubers claim Goro tore off Jax's arms. False, Jax had his arms in MK2, he lost them to Kintaro. That is the original time line. He then lost them to Ermac or replaced them himself to give him an edge in the newer or alternate time lines.... In the new Scorpion animated movie he loses them to Goro, which again is another alternate time line but shouldn't be??? The time lines are so convoluted now....

3.) Kano fighting on the side of good... I mean come on, he's never fought on the side of good. Even in the first MK game he had his metal face plate which is missing in the film. Now what I think will happen is he will end up killing Cole which will then set off Sonya and Jax, and by the end Kano will be so beaten that he will get his laser eye. But this version of Kano doesn't exist in any MK iteration until now...

4.) Why is Raiden Asian??? Like the snow flakes come out of the wood work when Ed Skrien was given the role in Hellboy as Ben Daimio. The character has and always will be of Asian decent. But Raiden has and always will be Cracka white in the games. But the movie........... But we can't say anything as we'd be considered racist.

5.) Released on HBO Max outside of theaters only in the US OF TRUMP. I mean the rest of the world knows Covid is real and those countries are shut down. Theaters are not open and HBO Max movie releases are only available in the US an not outside that god forbidden country... I mean for one your gonna lose revenue, you'd make more if you released world wide as say VOD or something like that, but to limit it to HBO Max which is only available in the US really causes you to lose revenue....

6.) Low budget = low value??? WB wouldn't give them a proper budget which is why they went with the cast they did. But the trailer seems good.

I dunno. I'll defiantely see this but I go in with low expectations
You can easily stream this on release
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:20 PM   #15
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

That is clearly a rated PG movie
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2021, 03:06 PM   #16
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

pretty sure Cole will be descendant of scorpion, looks like they're making the move based on scorpion as the main character
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:41 PM   #17
KAC
Dirty humans

Seems the movie is getting good reviews. I am quite looking forward to it.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 02:33 PM   #18
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems the movie is getting good reviews. I am quite looking forward to it.
Ive read that the fatalities are extremely brutal
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 07:21 PM   #19
KAC
Dirty humans

They must not have played MK11.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 11:56 PM   #20
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Watched it a week ago and I much prefer the 1995 version.

New central character felt forced and unnecessary. Johnny Cage was obviously cut because of him, and Liu Kang? Made hardly significant and pathetically weak (fatality aside) to bring more attention to him. Raiden was just painfully forgettable.

Scorpion was hardly there and a wasted opportunity. And get this folks... there wasn't even a Mortal Kombat competition in the movie.

Wish the sequel gets better.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:12 AM   #21
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've booked Friday off and planned an entire day around Mortal Kombat since I am a huge fan, watching 1995 Mortal Kombat tonight, watching Annihilation tomorrow and Scorpions Revenge.

But since the movie has already been released in Asia the following is the complete plot of the movie:

In 17th Century Japan, the Lin Kuei assassins, led by Bi-Han, attack the village of Hanzo Hasashi and members of the rival Shirai Ryu ninja clan, killing Hanzo's wife and son as well, though their infant daughter is safely hidden. Hanzo himself kills all the attackers before falling to Bi-Han. As Hanzo's spirit is taken to the Netherrealm, Lord Raiden appears and takes his infant daughter away to safety.

In the present day, the realm of Outworld is at the brink of victory against Earthrealm, having won nine out of ten deathmatch tournaments known as "Mortal Kombat" that would allow the winning realm to invade, conquer and even merge the defeated realm. However, an ancient prophecy is also uncovered, stating that the 'blood of Hanzo Hasashi' would unite a new generation of Earthrealm's champions to prevent Outworld's victory. Aware of the prophecy, Outworld's soul-eating sorcerer Shang Tsung employs warriors to hunt and kill all Earthrealm champions, identified by a distinctive dragon mark, before the next tournament begins. One of the targets is Cole Young, a former MMA champion whom regularly experiences hellish visions of Hanzo. When Cole and his family are attacked by Bi-Han, now known as Sub-Zero and one of Outworld's champions, Special Forces' Major Jackson "Jax" Briggs rescues them, explaining to Cole the meaning of the dragon mark. Jax directs Cole to get himself and his family to safety, and to seek out Jax's partner, Sonya Blade, while staying behind to fight off Sub-Zero, who easily defeats Jax by destroying both his arms.

Cole tracks Sonya to her hideout where she has imprisoned Kano, a mercenary of the Black Dragon organization. Sonya reveals that she and Jax have been investigating the existence of Mortal Kombat after an encounter with someone possessing superhuman abilities. He also learns more about the dragon mark, which can be transferred to anyone who kills the original bearer, which has occurred with both Jax and Kano. The hideout is attacked by Reptile, an assassin of Shang Tsung's, but the three manage to fight him off with Kano killing Reptile. They then travel to Raiden's temple, meeting Liu Kang and Kung Lao, another two of Earthrealm's champions, and brought before Raiden himself, who is critical of the newcomers due to their individual flaws. Jax is reunited with Sonya, having been rescued by Raiden and refitted with a set of skeletal mechanical arms. Shang Tsung attacks the temple alongside Sub-Zero and Mileena, but Raiden erects a shield to stave them off.

While Sonya trains and encourages Jax to fight regardless of his new condition, Cole and Kano start training with Liu Kang and Kung Lao to unlock their "arcana", a special inner power unique to all dragon mark bearers such as Liu Kang's pyrokinesis and Kung Lao's magical blade-rimmed hat. During a heated argument with Kung Lao, Kano unexpectedly awakens his arcana, the ability to fire a laser beam from his right eye, while Cole is unable to awaken his despite his persistence. Disappointed with his lack of progress, Raiden allows Cole to return to his family, revealing that he is a descendant of Hasashi through his infant daughter.

Shang Tsung gathers Sub-Zero and Mileena, along with Reiko, Nitara, Goro and Kabal, a former rival of Kano, for a renewed assault on the Temple. Learning that Kano is among Raiden's champions, Kabal convinces him to defect and bring down the shield, allowing the Outworlders to attack. Liu Kang barely fends off Kabal, who possesses supernatural speed, while Kung Lao easily kills Nitara. Jax and Sonya, however, are overpowered by Reiko, Kano and Mileena. Simultaneously, Cole and his family are attacked by Goro, but Cole finally awakens his arcana, which forms a suit of armor around his body and a set of tonfas, and kills Goro before returning to the temple to help repel the attack just as Jax's arcana awakens in the form of turning his prosthetic arms into weapons that grants him superhuman strength. Both Shang Tsung and Sub-Zero are infuriated when Raiden discloses Cole's bloodline, meaning the prophecy was fulfilled, before he teleports most of the Earthrealm fighters to safety in the Void, a safe space between realms. Kung Lao, however, sacrifices himself defending Cole from Sub-Zero and has his soul taken by Shang Tsung.

After mourning Kung Lao's death, Cole proposes a plan to force Outworld's champions into one-on-one battles with Earthrealm's champions before neutralizing Sub-Zero together, thereby forcing the tournament Shang Tsung tried to prevent. Agreeing with the plan, Raiden gives Cole the same bloodstained kunai that belonged to Hanzo and transports Cole and his allies to their targets. Liu Kang and Jax slays Kabal and Reiko, while Sonya kills Kano and acquired her dragon mark and arcana, the ability to fire energy blasts from her hands, which she uses to help Cole kill Mileena. Sub-Zero then appears and reveals that he has abducted and frozen Cole's family alive, luring him into a one-on-one battle at a gym where Cole did his cage fighting. Initially overpowered by Sub-Zero, Cole manages to get his own blood on Hanzo's kunai, releasing Hanzo from the Netherrealm as the vengeful spectre Scorpion. Recognizing Cole as his descendant, Scorpion helps him overpower Sub-Zero and free Cole's family, with Scorpion burning a heavily wounded Sub-Zero to death with hellfire.

Thanking Cole for freeing him and requesting that he look after the Hasashi bloodline, Scorpion departs as Raiden and the other champions arrive. Shang Tsung also arrives, vowing revenge as he sends the bodies of his dead champions back to Outworld before Raiden banishes him. Raiden then declares he is beginning a new list of warriors in preparation for the next tournament, and assigns his champions to look for them. With this information, Cole departs for Los Angeles in search of Hollywood superstar Johnny Cage.

Huh? What? The 10th tournament hasn't even started and Kano, Goro, Bi Han/Subzero, Mileena, Kabal, Rieko and Reptile are already dead and gone. Hanzo/Scorpions soul is now at rest.

WTF is Arcana? there is nothing like this in the game or the MK mythos.

And Jax gets his Mechanical arms from Raiden??? What????

And Hazno/Scorpion having a daugher??? Nope not in the Mythos either so Cole being a descendant is ****in Bullshit....

What I want to know is how did Netherealm Studios let this happen??? Like this isn't Mortal Kombat.

1/10
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:38 AM   #22
KAC
Dirty humans

It is Mortal Kombat for the masses. I saw the first 7 minutes on IGN and it was ok. Will watch for free.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 06:40 PM   #23
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Did they make sub zero the bad guy?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2021, 08:00 PM   #24
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Did they make sub zero the bad guy?
Bi-Han was always the bad guy, his brother kuia Liang is good guy subzero.

It's unlikely they will play the Quan Chi made it look like thr Lin Kuie killed the Shira Ryu clan judging by how Subzeros story unfolds in the movie.

They completely ****ed the Mythos with the new movie. Like the dragon birthmark gives you special powers call Arcana... and you can transfer the birthmark to another by killing the one who has a mark. Which is how Sonya gets her ability to shoot power rings. Like **** righ off.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 08:29 PM   #25
KAC
Dirty humans

I was watching an interview with the cast and I couldn’t tell sub zero from Liu Kang from Kung Lao from scorpion. Does that make me racist?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 08:49 PM   #26
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I was watching an interview with the cast and I couldn’t tell sub zero from Liu Kang from Kung Lao from scorpion. Does that make me racist?
People like to throw that word around to make others miserable, but nah, I won't see you are (based on that anyway lol).

It just means you aren't too familiar with Asians. Not forcing yourself to know more of them doesn't mean you don't care/hate them.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 08:51 PM   #27
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
...well...nope, not touching that with a 10-foot pole.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2021, 08:54 PM   #28
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I've booked Friday off and planned an entire day around Mortal Kombat since I am a huge fan, watching 1995 Mortal Kombat tonight, watching Annihilation tomorrow and Scorpions Revenge.

But since the movie has already been released in Asia the following is the complete plot of the movie:

In 17th Century Japan, the Lin Kuei assassins, led by Bi-Han, attack the village of Hanzo Hasashi and members of the rival Shirai Ryu ninja clan, killing Hanzo's wife and son as well, though their infant daughter is safely hidden. Hanzo himself kills all the attackers before falling to Bi-Han. As Hanzo's spirit is taken to the Netherrealm, Lord Raiden appears and takes his infant daughter away to safety.

In the present day, the realm of Outworld is at the brink of victory against Earthrealm, having won nine out of ten deathmatch tournaments known as "Mortal Kombat" that would allow the winning realm to invade, conquer and even merge the defeated realm. However, an ancient prophecy is also uncovered, stating that the 'blood of Hanzo Hasashi' would unite a new generation of Earthrealm's champions to prevent Outworld's victory. Aware of the prophecy, Outworld's soul-eating sorcerer Shang Tsung employs warriors to hunt and kill all Earthrealm champions, identified by a distinctive dragon mark, before the next tournament begins. One of the targets is Cole Young, a former MMA champion whom regularly experiences hellish visions of Hanzo. When Cole and his family are attacked by Bi-Han, now known as Sub-Zero and one of Outworld's champions, Special Forces' Major Jackson "Jax" Briggs rescues them, explaining to Cole the meaning of the dragon mark. Jax directs Cole to get himself and his family to safety, and to seek out Jax's partner, Sonya Blade, while staying behind to fight off Sub-Zero, who easily defeats Jax by destroying both his arms.

Cole tracks Sonya to her hideout where she has imprisoned Kano, a mercenary of the Black Dragon organization. Sonya reveals that she and Jax have been investigating the existence of Mortal Kombat after an encounter with someone possessing superhuman abilities. He also learns more about the dragon mark, which can be transferred to anyone who kills the original bearer, which has occurred with both Jax and Kano. The hideout is attacked by Reptile, an assassin of Shang Tsung's, but the three manage to fight him off with Kano killing Reptile. They then travel to Raiden's temple, meeting Liu Kang and Kung Lao, another two of Earthrealm's champions, and brought before Raiden himself, who is critical of the newcomers due to their individual flaws. Jax is reunited with Sonya, having been rescued by Raiden and refitted with a set of skeletal mechanical arms. Shang Tsung attacks the temple alongside Sub-Zero and Mileena, but Raiden erects a shield to stave them off.

While Sonya trains and encourages Jax to fight regardless of his new condition, Cole and Kano start training with Liu Kang and Kung Lao to unlock their "arcana", a special inner power unique to all dragon mark bearers such as Liu Kang's pyrokinesis and Kung Lao's magical blade-rimmed hat. During a heated argument with Kung Lao, Kano unexpectedly awakens his arcana, the ability to fire a laser beam from his right eye, while Cole is unable to awaken his despite his persistence. Disappointed with his lack of progress, Raiden allows Cole to return to his family, revealing that he is a descendant of Hasashi through his infant daughter.

Shang Tsung gathers Sub-Zero and Mileena, along with Reiko, Nitara, Goro and Kabal, a former rival of Kano, for a renewed assault on the Temple. Learning that Kano is among Raiden's champions, Kabal convinces him to defect and bring down the shield, allowing the Outworlders to attack. Liu Kang barely fends off Kabal, who possesses supernatural speed, while Kung Lao easily kills Nitara. Jax and Sonya, however, are overpowered by Reiko, Kano and Mileena. Simultaneously, Cole and his family are attacked by Goro, but Cole finally awakens his arcana, which forms a suit of armor around his body and a set of tonfas, and kills Goro before returning to the temple to help repel the attack just as Jax's arcana awakens in the form of turning his prosthetic arms into weapons that grants him superhuman strength. Both Shang Tsung and Sub-Zero are infuriated when Raiden discloses Cole's bloodline, meaning the prophecy was fulfilled, before he teleports most of the Earthrealm fighters to safety in the Void, a safe space between realms. Kung Lao, however, sacrifices himself defending Cole from Sub-Zero and has his soul taken by Shang Tsung.

After mourning Kung Lao's death, Cole proposes a plan to force Outworld's champions into one-on-one battles with Earthrealm's champions before neutralizing Sub-Zero together, thereby forcing the tournament Shang Tsung tried to prevent. Agreeing with the plan, Raiden gives Cole the same bloodstained kunai that belonged to Hanzo and transports Cole and his allies to their targets. Liu Kang and Jax slays Kabal and Reiko, while Sonya kills Kano and acquired her dragon mark and arcana, the ability to fire energy blasts from her hands, which she uses to help Cole kill Mileena. Sub-Zero then appears and reveals that he has abducted and frozen Cole's family alive, luring him into a one-on-one battle at a gym where Cole did his cage fighting. Initially overpowered by Sub-Zero, Cole manages to get his own blood on Hanzo's kunai, releasing Hanzo from the Netherrealm as the vengeful spectre Scorpion. Recognizing Cole as his descendant, Scorpion helps him overpower Sub-Zero and free Cole's family, with Scorpion burning a heavily wounded Sub-Zero to death with hellfire.

Thanking Cole for freeing him and requesting that he look after the Hasashi bloodline, Scorpion departs as Raiden and the other champions arrive. Shang Tsung also arrives, vowing revenge as he sends the bodies of his dead champions back to Outworld before Raiden banishes him. Raiden then declares he is beginning a new list of warriors in preparation for the next tournament, and assigns his champions to look for them. With this information, Cole departs for Los Angeles in search of Hollywood superstar Johnny Cage.

Huh? What? The 10th tournament hasn't even started and Kano, Goro, Bi Han/Subzero, Mileena, Kabal, Rieko and Reptile are already dead and gone. Hanzo/Scorpions soul is now at rest.

WTF is Arcana? there is nothing like this in the game or the MK mythos.

And Jax gets his Mechanical arms from Raiden??? What????

And Hazno/Scorpion having a daugher??? Nope not in the Mythos either so Cole being a descendant is ****in Bullshit....

What I want to know is how did Netherealm Studios let this happen??? Like this isn't Mortal Kombat.

1/10
Cole Young and several questionable casting choices ruined it for me. Mileena, Kano, and Raiden looks nothing like the video game versions of their respective characters. Hiroyuki Sanada would have been great as Scorpion... like 10-15 years ago. Dude's way too old for the part IMO.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 09:33 PM   #29
KAC
Dirty humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
People like to throw that word around to make others miserable, but nah, I won't see you are (based on that anyway lol).

It just means you aren't too familiar with Asians. Not forcing yourself to know more of them doesn't mean you don't care/hate them.
Yes and I am an Asian too.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:41 AM   #30
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Yes and I am an Asian too.
Sorry I meant East Asian.

Guess I am racist now.