Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:13 PM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If you have insider program you should be fine. What I don’t know yet is if the Nov 14 update made the normal slow updates as well. Problem with Windows 10 is that it didn’t make the Windows 10 and I had been having random reboots after 3 or 5 or 7 days without an explanation. On search it seems it happens when you downgrade back to Windows 10 and TPM is enabled or was happening on Windows 11 without the dev build update. I didn’t check if dev build is now the final build as well.

If you are not having the error then more power to you. Also might be a 5000 series only issue? What do you know? It’s AMD so chances of getting something ****ed up are very high anyways.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2022, 02:41 AM   #332
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Taking another leap on this windows 11 bullshits on my AMD PC.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:00 AM   #333
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Been on windows 11 for a few weeks now. So far few complaints. Had to move the start button over to the bottom left and make a few other UI customizations to make it usable. Been pretty stable though.

The dock being centered in the middle makes more sense to me on a Mac since you don't have the start button in the first place. Windows having the start button down there - just doesn't seem to work well to me. This is why the majority of people seem to be moving it back where it belongs straight away.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock 6900 XT Formula OC
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:32 AM   #334
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m still on the upgrade I did back in Nov (R7 5800H) with no issues at all.

I do prefer the Win 10 start menu, but I don’t want to install a 3rd party app to have it….that’s the extent of any complaints I have though.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:20 PM   #335
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I've been on Win11 since release. I'm also in the Insider Preview beta channel. No crashes or major issues so far. I do still think the UI is half-baked. There are lots of inconsistencies in the context menus, config pages, etc. Plus functionality that used to be there for the Taskbar has been removed, which is annoying. I realize they rewrote the entire Taskbar logic, but Win 10's Taskbar was much more customizable. Time will tell if MS homogenizes the menus & screens, and brings back lost functionality.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2022, 08:43 AM   #336
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sometimes I think these companies screw with software just to have something to market. They take an idea that was more or less perfected, mess with it in some way, and then say hey look new and shiny. When the reality is the way it has been for months/years was just fine and worked pretty much perfectly.

Trying to improve on something that really doesn't have much room for improvement. Is there any real surprise they screw this up sometimes?

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock 6900 XT Formula OC
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 04:24 AM   #337
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Any news on official support for i7 6700k CPU's ?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:20 PM   #338
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Honestly wish they kept win10 UI and menus, and just added the features if win11.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:27 PM   #339
KAC
It might be gays!

Seems this poop is fixed for AMD garbage. No bugs or crashes of TPM or any other shitknuckles after upgrade back to Win 11. So to make sure everyone upgrades, they ensured that Win 10 gets fubared w/ TPM horsepoop.

MS
Old Jan 23, 2022, 07:02 PM   #340
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have noticed some slowness to load Win11 apps such as Spotify or Whatsapp (when installed from the MS Store).

When I try to load the app, it takes around 5 seconds to load (with a wireframe of the window loading first), has anyone notice something like this?, this didnt happen before.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote