Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 9, 2022, 04:08 PM   #1531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

First Nintendo direct of 2022 has dropped, supposed to be 40mins of first half of 2022 titles
This so far is looking like a good direct, lots of surprise bombs.

-Fire Emblem Warriors - 3 hopes (dynasty warriors spinoff looks like)
-Advanced wars 1+2 reboot
-No man's sky (after researching this a bit seems like its a native port and not cloud based)
-New Mario Strikers Battle League (I loved Mario Striker's charged on wii!)
-Splatoon 3
-Front Mission reboot
-Disney Speedstorm (Disney mario kart)
-some remakes
-oh snap Crono Cross remaster (I have on PS1 and never played lol)
-Kirby and the Forgotten Lands (the big deal thing seems to be Kirby ate and became a car lol)
-MLB The Show
-Klonoa
-Portal 1 & 2
-Live a LIve (?) another square enix 2D-HD game
-I think alot of people actually wanted this but... a Wii sports "sequal" for Switch called Nintendo Switch Sports!
-New Taiko Drum master
-DLC for Cuphead and Metroid Dread
-Earthbound and Earthbound beginnings coming to SNES and NES online.
-Filler titles
-Oh snap looks like a DLC/expansion pass for Mario Kart featuring 48 remastered courses from older games (I guess this would mean Mario Kart 9 will exist as a title for the Switch successor). Also added as another perk for Nintendo switch online+
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset

Last edited by Sasquach : Feb 9, 2022 at 04:51 PM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2022, 04:29 PM   #1532
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
First Nintendo direct of 2022 has dropped, supposed to be 40mins of first half of 2022 titles

so far announced:

-Fire Emblem Warriors - 3 hopes (dynasty warriors spinoff looks like)
-Advanced wars 1+2 reboot
-No man's sky (no idea if its cloud yet....)
-New Mario Strikers Battle League (I loved Mario Striker's charged on wii!)
-Splatoon 3
-Front Mission reboot
-Disney Speedstorm (Disney mario kart)
-some remakes
-oh snap crono cross remaster
-Kirby and the Forgotten Lands (the big deal thing seems to be Kirby ate and became a car lol)
-MLB The Show
hmm... Some interesting stuffs there, but methinks I'd prefer them show some other stuffs:
  • Zelda BotW2, for crying out loud
  • Mario 3d collection updates: Mario 64 in widescreen, Sunshine at 60fps, etc. Maybe do something crazy, like include the DS version of Mario 64 where you can play Yoshi & Luigi, etc.
  • Mario Galaxy 2.
  • Mario Galaxy 3.
  • Bring back a proper virtual console.
  • Goldeneye.
  • Switch Pro.
  • Price cut for Switch Lite.
  • Switch now runs 3ds games.
  • Switch now runs Vita games.
  • Free emulators for everyone.
  • Iwata back from the dead.
  • Mario is gay for Sonic.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:45 AM   #1533
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-will-cost-90/

Quote:
A tweet from the official Kingdom Hearts Twitter account confirmed that all games will be coming to the Switch on February 10, as cloud versions only.

This means players will need to have a permanent, fast and stable internet connection in order to continuously stream the games to their console.

Despite the games being cloud-based, Square Enix is charging between $39.99 and $49.99 for each of the three releases, with a bundle pack called Integrum Masterpiece costing $89.99.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:41 AM   #1534
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Square-Enix being braindead as usual. (Knew about this after the Sora announcement for smash)
Just like the Final Fantasy pixel remaster series is only on PC and MOBILE currently.

KH3 i understand might not be able to run on switch natively, but the rest originally came out on PS2.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:56 PM   #1535
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationAlientank has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'd really like a mario odyssey 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2022, 09:44 AM   #1536
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I hope they scale down the shiny graphics in Xenoblade 3, I don't want another Xenoblur 2.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 07:30 PM   #1537
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I poopoo'd the new OLED Switch, but we bought one after getting to Ohio and gotta say, I'm impressed by the improvements. I'm not sure it's worth an extra $49 over the OG Switch, but it's really pretty great. Should have just discontinued the OG Switch and put this one at $300.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2022, 04:35 PM   #1538
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Steam deck performance looks pretty good

Heres hoping that Nintendo uses a more up-to-date SoC than something that was 5 years old already for a Switch 2.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 25, 2022, 07:08 PM   #1539
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Steam deck performance looks pretty good

Heres hoping that Nintendo uses a more up-to-date SoC than something that was 5 years old already for a Switch 2.
Yup, and methinks the Deck is just going to get better and better as they continue to develop the software.

Unfortunately, mine isn't coming in until after Q2.

I love my Switch, but Nintendo really should be thinking about launching a Switch Pro. At some point the Switch sales are going to slow down, and Nintendo should be ready to go with an upgraded version.

I remember when Wii was selling like gang-busters, and then sales stopped suddenly. Nintendo often has gaps between it's consoles, because they're unprepared for the future. There were gaps between the n64 -> gamecube, gamecube -> Wii, Wii -> Wii U, and Wii U -> Switch. Each time they had to float on their handhelds through the gaps. Nintendo's the only company to run their business that way... and I shouldn't have to remind people that if the Switch stops selling, there's currently no handheld for Nintendo to fall back on.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Feb 25, 2022, 07:24 PM   #1540
Mangler
PC

I'm surprised that they never released a version with higher clocked memory, isn't one of the main bottlenecks of the switch the fact that the gpu screaming for more bandwidth?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:12 AM   #1541
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'm surprised that they never released a version with higher clocked memory, isn't one of the main bottlenecks of the switch the fact that the gpu screaming for more bandwidth?
The thing was already clocked down from even the Stadia (peak Tegra X1?) spec (2 times, one for handheld and one for docked mode) so there was a deficit there....and the battery life wasnt great. I think the only they could have possibly done was kill the battery life and enable the "stock" Tegra clocks. The gains may not have been worth it to them.

It was already a baffling decision to use the Tegra X1 over the X2 at the time.
They must have had a sweetheart of a deal with nvidia to use it.

Considering the X1 was at the tail end of its production run and the X2 was i think a generation or 2 old and was falling behind other newer mobile SoCs at the time, they could have fared alot better performance wise with the x2 (and i think that one actually supported DLSS...which could have helped even more)
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Feb 26, 2022, 01:33 AM   #1542
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The thing was already clocked down from even the Stadia (peak Tegra X1?) spec (2 times, one for handheld and one for docked mode) so there was a deficit there....and the battery life wasnt great. I think the only they could have possibly done was kill the battery life and enable the "stock" Tegra clocks. The gains may not have been worth it to them.

It was already a baffling decision to use the Tegra X1 over the X2 at the time.
They must have had a sweetheart of a deal with nvidia to use it.

Considering the X1 was at the tail end of its production run and the X2 was i think a generation or 2 old and was falling behind other newer mobile SoCs at the time, they could have fared alot better performance wise with the x2 (and i think that one actually supported DLSS...which could have helped even more)
Nvidia: "Good news, we have a more advanced chip that'll have double the graphics capabilities and consume less battery!"

Nintendo: "How much does it cost?"

Nvidia: "That's the best part, it's only an extra 1¢ more per unit!"

Nintendo: "No thanks. Mario runs fine on the older chip."

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:38 AM   #1543
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Apparently Nvidia got hit with a cyberattack recently and it more or less continues to indicate the next gen Switch (Switch 2 or Switch pro?)
will likely utilize an orin based Tegra SoC with a chip code of T239 (I think current Orin is T234).

Its not really a new leak per se but its huge if it turns out to be true. Orin is significantly more powerful than X1 (its kind of like Tegra X4 with that nomenclature), uses the Ampere architecture and supports DLSS and ray tracing. All things the current Switch could use to keep up with other consoles power wise.

I guess the bad news is that its a circa 2019 chipset so by the time it comes out it'll be old hat again (I would wager a guess the switch successor gets released in 2023 or 2024...i doubt anythings happening this year) but should prove powerful enough to keep pace and should help with 3rd parties looking for raw power, especially since we're approaching the diminishing returns on graphical quality. (other rumored specs seems to think it'll have 8gb of ram and 128gb of storage))
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Mar 23, 2022, 09:12 AM   #1544
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

HAHA Nintendo released a new update which allows you to group titles into "folders" now!

But Nintendo being Nintendo, its always 1 step forward...2 steps back:

The good:
-You can group titles now!

The bad:
-Its not pinned to your home/start screen...so you have to scroll all the way to the "all software" list to see it.....and then its an additional button press to even view your groups.....

Just like the government, they provide something good but implement it in such a way that its almost useless.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:37 AM   #1545
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Loving the new Kirby, finally started playing it this morning.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:05 PM   #1546
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah just started it with my son on PC, as I don't use my switch hardware, (my son has it) anymore since games started to go sub 30fps.

60fps mod, dynamic res disabled and 3x docked resolution.

Good game so far.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 07:59 PM   #1547
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXLxfifbs8

Yeah just started it with my son on PC, as I don't use my switch hardware, (my son has it) anymore since games started to go sub 30fps.

60fps mod, dynamic res disabled and 3x docked resolution.

Good game so far.
It's so wild seeing Kirby at 60 FPS! I'm playing it on my Switch right now and although I've been enjoying it, the 30 FPS frame rate is a bummer and really hurts both the presentation and "feel" of the game.

Are you using the Yuzu emulator? If so, how has the compatibility and overall performance been? I know next to nothing about Switch emulation and what state it's in nowadays, but that video seriously has me licking my chops.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:21 PM   #1548
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

i tried the Kirby demo the other day and i was shocked at how fast the game loads.

None of my other switch titles loads levels as fast.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Mar 30, 2022, 08:07 PM   #1549
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

My son saved up the money for Kirby since it was announced, and just got it.
Really liking the game, one of the better Kirby entries, and love the Mouthful mode. Some good humor in it too.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote