Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 29, 2021, 02:57 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Good point, thanks.
You're welcome!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 03:18 PM   #62
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Oh no problems, just wanting to clean up my digital life a bit, so to speak
oh, i see. As already said, i'd keep the google-account, you'd run into a lot of problems otherwise.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2021, 04:27 PM   #63
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
oh, i see. As already said, i'd keep the google-account, you'd run into a lot of problems otherwise.
I go through this thing every now and then when I just want to simplify stuff. I blame it on work. At least 12 passwords 4-5 times a day. The annoying bleeds over
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:38 AM   #64
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
HERETIC!

Do you guys use Google services on your Samsungs? I'm thinking about deleting my Google account and just giving everything Samsung a fair shot. I've never had any issues with....any of it really...
I don't use any of the Samsung services. I use Gmail, Google messages, contacts, photos, calendar, play store and files etc. The Samsung store is useless just full of a load of rubbish. I just use it for watch faces for my Galaxy Watch 3. I sometimes use Samsung internet but that's it.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2021, 01:14 PM   #65
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I don't use any of the Samsung crap -- I basically turn it into a Google pixel the first day I get it.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Old Feb 2, 2021, 06:37 PM   #66
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I don't use any of the Samsung crap -- I basically turn it into a Google pixel the first day I get it.

You should turn off your signature in Tapatalk too

Sent from Andromeda using a Wormhole
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:47 PM   #67
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
You should turn off your signature in Tapatalk too

Sent from Andromeda using a Wormhole
No way, it's my last day with my note 10+

Old Feb 3, 2021, 01:35 PM   #68
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Basically what I did the first day I had my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Lineage OS 18.1 on it runs quite nicely.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:20 PM   #69
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Samsung's version of Chrome Browser is far better than Chrome IMHO.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2021, 02:55 PM   #70
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

So after a couple of weeks very impressed. Paired the buds live and they're great with excellent voice for calls and everything for music. The free tile is great too, easy set up. Battery life on phone is OK it does fast charging which it didn't seem to do straight off.

Got a new firmware update today improving the camera and Google February security update so all good. Enjoying it immensely. Sent the old S20 back and upgrade programme emailed me to say all is fine and they're paying off old contract. Very happy.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:22 PM   #71
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

T-mo undercut Samsung by $50 for the 128Gb + a case.

Mine

edit: Man...this thing is sweet. I really like the iphone 12 PM, but I'm glad I went this route.

Last edited by Lazy8s : Feb 12, 2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:56 AM   #72
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
T-mo undercut Samsung by $50 for the 128Gb + a case.

Mine

edit: Man...this thing is sweet. I really like the iphone 12 PM, but I'm glad I went this route.
Which model did you get?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 02:40 PM   #73
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Which model did you get?
S21 Ultra 128Gb. So far I haven't found a single thing I don't like about it.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 06:50 AM   #74
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

i'm sure you'll have a blast with it.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Feb 16, 2021, 01:00 PM   #75
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Nice. Enjoy. Just got a firmware update that fixes a battery drain I never knew I had until I got the fix Now I know I did have one.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 02:58 PM   #76
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i'm sure you'll have a blast with it.
For sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Nice. Enjoy. Just got a firmware update that fixes a battery drain I never knew I had until I got the fix Now I know I did have one.
I'll watch for the update Battery has been ok with medium to heavy use, but nothing to crow about, so a fix would be great.

The camera in this thing Actually, just about everything about it

Zero regret purchase
Old Feb 18, 2021, 02:58 PM   #77
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Likewise, I am loving this phone.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 04:31 PM   #78
Lazy8s
One day at a time

My only continued want is a couple or 4 decent speakers...but that's any phone I would have chosen.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:34 AM   #79
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Another firmware update just landed apparently this one improves the camera on the phone.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 03:47 PM   #80
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Just got the regular S21 with 256GB storage. So far so good but I'm gonna miss the S8 with the Oculus Gear VR (doesn't work with the S21. Fits, but no function).

What's weird is if I load up a YouTube video and turn VR on I could actually watch in VR mode with the S21 in the headset (just can't control anything with it).

Wondering if someone has figured out how to make the Oculus VR portal work on the new S21....
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 06:05 PM   #81
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voodoo View Post
Just got the regular S21 with 256GB storage. So far so good but I'm gonna miss the S8 with the Oculus Gear VR (doesn't work with the S21. Fits, but no function).

What's weird is if I load up a YouTube video and turn VR on I could actually watch in VR mode with the S21 in the headset (just can't control anything with it).

Wondering if someone has figured out how to make the Oculus VR portal work on the new S21....
i wouldn't bet on it

Quote:
The Galaxy S20 Series will be unable to support Gear VR due to the termination of a partnership with Oculus that provides software for Gear VR. We will keep you updated if there's any changes related to VR services in the near future as we commit to provide you the best possible mobile experience.
Source: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/m...sting-gear-vr/

If they dropped it for the 20 series, i doubt they'll change that for the 21