Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 19, 2018, 02:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Breathedge

Quote:
Breathedge is an ironic outer space survival adventure game. Take on the role of a simple guy who just carried his grandpa's ashes to a galactic funeral and found himself in the middle of a universal conspiracy. A massive space hearse suffers a wreck in the deep space, leaving the area filled with debris, coffins, dead passengers and yourself. Survive in this interstellar dump, uncover a global conspiracy, save the princess and don’t break your fingers while tapping the keyboard as you travel around the world (keeping your display on for full immersion is advised). It took a long time for our ancestors to develop because they had no duct tape. You have it and you know how to use it. With this magical artifact, you can create a vast variety of useless objects and throw them out the airlock! There are also many useful items to be created, but be careful as this may result in completing the game. When all the people around you just hover around in the vacuum doing nothing but playing dead, various tools and gears will help you become the worst noisy neighbor ever. Create a unique space station, provide it with oxygen and electricity, install all kinds of equipment from solar panels to hamster farm, and turn it into a real bachelor pad by stuffing it with furniture mixed with all kind of junk. .....
Source: https://www.gog.com/game/breathedge

Looks like it could be a lot of fun, and hey, it's just around what....12 bucks. Downside? THIS GAME IS CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT, yeah. But still, i mean for that kind of money, what could go wrong?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I put it on my wish list a few days ago.

Ten years ago it was fun finding the good indie game that everyone else missed. Today there's hundreds of good indie games every year that everyone misses because there's a deluge of good AA games, and a consistent pour of good/bad AAA games that must be tried. Not enough time to play them all. It's a good problem to have, I guess.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2018, 04:22 AM   #3
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

the game is strange/quirky/absurd in a very fun way. Having a blast with it. And yes, i know, it's a short game, especially if you actually do the right things in the right order, but hey, who would do such a cruel thing? Not me, for sure.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:57 AM   #4
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

This game is a hidden gem. I didn't think that this game would make me spend that much time but it did. The game is fun and the mechanics of it gives you a challenge that you want to continue to play.

A little bit of a more tutorial in the beginning would have helped as I had go to the net to understand how to get certain basic elements. However, after that sorted out the game rolls on pretty decently and it is fun.

Nice departure from the regular FPS games.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:32 AM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

That looks fun as hell. At $19 it seems a bit steep, so added it to Wishlist. Will grab it on a good sale some day. Thanks!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 06:47 AM   #6
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That looks fun as hell. At $19 it seems a bit steep, so added it to Wishlist. Will grab it on a good sale some day. Thanks!
you can get it way cheaper on the net, i saw it as low as 10 bucks or so not long ago. Dunno if you still can find it that cheap, but might be worth a try

Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:02 AM   #7
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Worth mentioning that it's got something like 12-20h of content and a good amount of polish. If the humor is your kind of thing, the whole game is likely going to be good for you, and it seems to have a pretty good progression in terms of building and it's got a more direct story than a lot of similar games with some story.

It was a short game in 2018, when only the first chapter was in early access, but there's a hell of a lot more to it now.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 01:31 PM   #8
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

12 - 20 hours, eh? I suspect it would be 4 - 8 hours then if you didn't have to keep going back to your ship to breathe.

I suppose they call it Breathedge for a reason.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 01:35 PM   #9
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
12 - 20 hours, eh? I suspect it would be 4 - 8 hours then if you didn't have to keep going back to your ship to breathe.

Maybe it will be on Humble Choice soon but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 01:39 PM   #10
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Maybe it will be on Humble Choice soon.
Undoubtedly. I got it as a gift a year ago. Saw it was early access, didn't touch it. Then I saw the big update where it went 1.0 and thought I'd play it soon. Then this thread was bumped and I'm playing it now. Well not now. That would be unethical. Last night/tonight, etc.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 01:55 PM   #11
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
Worth mentioning that it's got something like 12-20h of content and a good amount of polish. If the humor is your kind of thing, the whole game is likely going to be good for you, and it seems to have a pretty good progression in terms of building and it's got a more direct story than a lot of similar games with some story.

It was a short game in 2018, when only the first chapter was in early access, but there's a hell of a lot more to it now.
I'm at 10 hours and I'm quite far from completing the game. There is also a lot of exploration possibilities. Possibly the developer has added a lot of content until 1.0.

I'm sure you can do it faster if you know exactly what to do and can time exactly how to use the air.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 03:42 PM   #12
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post

There's definitely some of that, but the game stages up as you go - breathing requirements become much less of a thing as you progress, though some degree of backtracking seems to persist.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote