Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default New Registrations Suspended

I've temporarily suspended new site registrations, due to a large uptick in spambot registrations.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:06 AM   #2
KAC
Banned

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Does this mean if I get banned, I can’t make another account?

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2022, 06:49 AM   #3
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 13, 2022, 07:20 AM   #4
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

Does this explain why I have to login each visit when normally Firefox logs me in automatically?
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer#2), MSI 970 Gaming, FX 8350, Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer #3) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K),Thermaltake 550w, Win10pro
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2022, 09:16 AM   #5
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm sure all of the new registrations are hot young women hoping to get in on this ATI Rage Pro Fury action!

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2022, 02:04 PM   #6
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
Does this explain why I have to login each visit when normally Firefox logs me in automatically?
I don’t believe so, since you are a registered user. Have you tried clearing your browser history?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2022, 02:14 PM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I don’t believe so, since you are a registered user. Have you tried clearing your browser history?
I had to start checking the “remember me” box logging in about a year ago, or I would have to constantly log back in regardless of browser.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2022, 06:39 PM   #8
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I had to start checking the “remember me” box logging in about a year ago, or I would have to constantly log back in regardless of browser.
That is how it has always worked for me. If I do not check the box, I will be logged out after a certain period of inactivity (fifteen minutes, maybe).
Old Jul 13, 2022, 07:48 PM   #9
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
That is how it has always worked for me. If I do not check the box, I will be logged out after a certain period of inactivity (fifteen minutes, maybe).
We had that issue a while back where even in the middle of posting a user could be inadvertently logged out. I don’t know if that’s been fixed or not, and never know if log in issues are related to that, or the timeout you experience.

But checking the box is the only thing that works consistently for me.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 09:18 PM   #10
Android1
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
We had that issue a while back where even in the middle of posting a user could be inadvertently logged out. I don’t know if that’s been fixed or not, and never know if log in issues are related to that, or the timeout you experience.

But checking the box is the only thing that works consistently for me.
I have not had the issue that you described, but in Firefox for iOS, I sometimes have a problem with getting logged out even with the box checked. I don’t know if it affects all iOS browsers (they all run the same engine) or just Firefox.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:20 PM   #11
KAC
Banned

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You are only logged out when the exceptionally intelligent near sentient AI, who identifies as a gerbil btw, does not like your content.

Last edited by KAC : Jul 13, 2022 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 05:06 AM   #12
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

I do check the box, but next time it's not checked and I have to login.
I've cleared my history items now as suggested.
Gerbil threatened.

Thanks.

Computer#2), MSI 970 Gaming, FX 8350, Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer #3) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K),Thermaltake 550w, Win10pro
Old Jul 14, 2022, 09:40 AM   #13
Android1
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You are only logged out when the exceptionally intelligent near sentient AI, who identifies as a gerbil btw, does not like your content.
Not cool, man! I’m a hamster.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 06:29 PM   #14
KAC
Banned

Quote:
Not cool, man! I’m a hamster.
You are not true AI. Gerbil didn’t like your content. Now get back to powering up the site and leave the logging off to more intelligent beings.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 07:28 AM   #15
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Well, the above clearing etc. didn't work. Now after I login and try to post this reply I get, "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

Old Jul 15, 2022, 07:29 AM   #16
KAC
Banned

If you is on IOS. Then you need to use https:// to make sure it saves your cookie.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 07:33 AM   #17
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

It's win11. I forgot to add, I'll give Edge a try for a few days. I really don't like having two browsers to get things done, but if Edge works I might have to dump Firefox. G's I had to login again to post this reply.

Old Jul 15, 2022, 08:41 AM   #18
KAC
Banned

Are you on https://?

The gerbil really hates you btw.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 09:49 AM   #19
Android1
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, the above clearing etc. didn't work. Now after I login and try to post this reply I get, "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."
Quote:
It's win11. I forgot to add, I'll give Edge a try for a few days. I really don't like having two browsers to get things done, but if Edge works I might have to dump Firefox. G's I had to login again to post this reply.
Sorry, Hardwood. I did not anticipate that clearing your history would make things worse.

I have reported your problems to Lupine, a site administrator. He will be able to help you further. Please continue checking the thread.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:19 AM   #20
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
No, this is a random bug apparently. Something I too deal with at times.

Does the same happen with another browser? I use Chrome, and it happens there, fortunately infrequently. But when it does, very frustrating.

Sorry to not be of much help. The randomness makes it hard to diagnose. Next time I encounter it I'll try to drill down a bit.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:48 AM   #21
KAC
Banned

Ha! No one can combat the Sentient AI.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 07:18 AM   #22
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Are you on https://?
Ah.. no it wasn't. Never has been. But, I just changed my private webpage link for here to https and it logged in.

Thanks KAC. Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope for no more issues.

Thanks also to Admins. It's good to see someone really cares. (sounds like a song).

Old Jul 16, 2022, 08:28 AM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I’ll have to file that away for future reference. I’m always on https so i guess I just took it for granted. Glad you’re all set Hardwood!
Old Jul 16, 2022, 08:49 AM   #24
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I though new registration were closed for years. I haven't seen a post of anyone registered in the last 5 years at all.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:10 AM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
I though new registration were closed for years. I haven't seen a post of anyone registered in the last 5 years at all.
Last human registration was in 2020. It was not closed as lots of bots got in and replicated. It was a nightmare to get them out so closed for time being until we update the vb.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote