Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 26, 2022, 02:48 PM   #8581
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
I was in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Bahrain as recently as last month. Came back broke AF but had the time of my life!
Nice!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 02:51 PM   #8582
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Nice!
To each his own, I even considered moving to the UAE but I wouldn't want to be there in the summer or when **** hits the fan and missiles start flying all over...
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 02:53 PM   #8583
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
Yeah... it's ridiculous. Denying science and turning life saving efforts into wedge issues. I didn't expect it, except maybe a few small fringe groups. Naively, I figured that the preservation of life was a universal goal. My opinion of humanity is near an all-time low...
It’s a little more subtle than just humanity sucks. There are bad faith actors in the system. They suck! Everyone else is just looking for answers.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2022, 03:04 PM   #8584
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I was in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Bahrain as recently as last month. Came back broke AF but had the time of my life!
You ain't in the parts I'm in
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 03:09 PM   #8585
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You ain't in the parts I'm in
Oooof, I have a couple of places in mind I wouldn't dare step foot in!
#BougeeLife
Old Jan 26, 2022, 05:20 PM   #8586
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
It’s a little more subtle than just humanity sucks. There are bad faith actors in the system. They suck! Everyone else is just looking for answers.
Oh yes there are... stooping to new lows, whilst others are burning out trying to save people.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 06:59 PM   #8587
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Seems omicron will end this pandemic. Now let's hope Russia and China behave so the world can go back to normal in a few months.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 01:57 AM   #8588
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Seems omicron will end this pandemic. Now let's hope Russia and China behave so the world can go back to normal in a few months.
yeah, how about no? There won't be anything like "normal" in a few months although we all wish it would.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 07:32 AM   #8589
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
yeah, how about no? There won't be anything like "normal" in a few months although we all wish it would.
True even in a best case scenario it's going to take a while to get things flowing again. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 08:33 AM   #8590
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
True even in a best case scenario it's going to take a while to get things flowing again. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
don't get me wrong, i really hope things get better, even at a slower pace, but right now i'm not seeing it, really. The best we can hope for is a new normal however that might look like.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:57 AM   #8591
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Well, this wave seems to be on the decline where I live. Elective surgeries prohibited if over 85% bed capacity. They've been cancelled for weeks. Wife's surgery is on for Monday.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 01:35 PM   #8592
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

We're looking to book a week in Turks and Caicos for March. Covid will be over by then, right?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 02:04 PM   #8593
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
We're looking to book a week in Turks and Caicos for March. Covid will be over by then, right?
Probably back down to a dull roar anyway. As good a time as any unless a new version pops up that's evading previous immune system responses.

Old Jan 28, 2022, 02:15 AM   #8594
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The ivermectin grift: A covert network of Canadian doctors is prescribing ivermectin to treat COVID. Here’s how we got some

It's a long article, but the key point:
Quote:
The telehealth service operates on a “membership” system basis and costs $50 to join. Members must sign a waiver agreeing to maintain the confidentiality of all CovidTeleHealth.ca providers, unless they wish to “commend” one of the providers to their professional college, in which case the commendation must be approved by the organization.

From there, the Star was given the option to book four different services: a preventative consultation (including prescriptions) costing $149; early COVID-19 (outpatient) treatment (five days or less since disease onset) for $199; a complex consultation (for those who’ve had COVID for more than five days) for $299; or advice on chronic long COVID for $249.

(Canadian Covid Telehealth now has its own website, and appears to no longer offer advice on long COVID. The price of a complex consultation has been raised to $399.)
Quote:
Nair first connected the Star with a pharmacy in Toronto, but after that pharmacy called to say they’d run out of supply, Canadian Covid Telehealth arranged for TLC IDA pharmacy in Tecumseh, Ont., to courier the prescription, which cost $155 for 28 15-mg pills.

A few days and more than $350 later, the ivermectin bottle arrived.
I assume customers would be understandably confused when they've been told that ivermectin is a cheap miracle drug that Big Pharma doesn't want you to have because it only costs 5 cents a pill.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:27 AM   #8595
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

behind a paywall, but god damn!

*late edit* dafauq, I can get around the pay wall by using Chrome's incognito mode.... . FireFox's didn't work oddly.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 03:15 PM   #8596
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'd rather be in the US right now than the ****ing middle-east..
To me, Austrailia would be worse. Some major Gestapo tactics going on there (well, maybe the areas you are/were in are worse but still).

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2022, 06:26 AM   #8597
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

More transmissible, no worse symptoms. Overall, probably a good thing as it's going to make it that much more difficult for another more lethal variant to outcompete it. Still not really very prevalent in the US, but it's probably just a matter of time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/28/the-...us-states.html

Quote:
The subvariant is 1.5 times more transmissible than the original omicron strain, referred to by scientists as BA.1, according to Statens Serum Institut, which conducts infectious disease surveillance for Denmark.
“Currently there is no evidence that the BA.2 lineage is more severe than the BA.1 lineage,” CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund said.
The U.K. Health Security Agency on Friday said BA.2 has a “substantial” growth advantage over the original omicron. The sister variant spread faster than the original omicron in all regions of England where there were enough cases to conduct an analysis, according to the agency.

However, a preliminary assessment found that BA.2 doesn’t appear to reduce the effectiveness of vaccines any more than the original omicron. A booster dose was 70% effective at preventing symptomatic illness from BA.2 two weeks after receiving the shot, compared with 63% effectiveness for the original omicron strain.

Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:35 PM   #8598
Greasy
ODI

That's great news.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:46 AM   #8599
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Any gay sporting the new variant? How you like them apples?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 03:52 AM   #8600
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

It's not good news.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2022, 09:25 AM   #8601
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Congrats anti-vaxxers. You are winning. US is now #1:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ed-states.html

Quote:
Two years into the pandemic, the coronavirus is killing Americans at far higher rates than people in other wealthy nations, a sobering distinction to bear as the country charts a course through the next stages of the pandemic.

The resulting American death toll has set the country apart — and by wider margins than has been broadly recognized. Since Dec. 1, when health officials announced the first Omicron case in the United States, the share of Americans who have been killed by the coronavirus is at least 63 percent higher than in any of these other large, wealthy nations, according to a New York Times analysis of mortality figures.

“The U.S. stands out as having a relatively high fatality rate,” said Joseph Dieleman, an associate professor at the University of Washington who has compared Covid outcomes globally. “There’s been more loss than anyone wanted or anticipated.”

As deadly as the Omicron wave has been, the situation in the United States is far better than it would have been without vaccines. The Omicron variant also causes less serious illness than Delta, even though it has led to staggering case numbers. Together, vaccines and the less lethal nature of Omicron infections have significantly reduced the share of people with Covid who are being hospitalized and dying during this wave.

In Western Europe, those factors have resulted in much more manageable waves. Deaths in Britain, for example, are one-fifth of last winter’s peak, and hospital admissions are roughly half as high.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:42 PM   #8602
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Congrats anti-vaxxers. You are winning. US is now #1:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ed-states.html
Freedom is worth dying for...
Old Feb 2, 2022, 01:21 PM   #8603
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Freedom is worth dying for...
It's always interesting to me the dichotomy involved here. The same people in the United States who say that they'd be happy to strap a firearm to their hip to save the lives of others, are the same folks who are arguing most vigorously that they will not strap a piece of cloth over their mouth to save the lives of others.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2022, 01:49 PM   #8604
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
It's always interesting to me the dichotomy involved here. The same people in the United States who say that they'd be happy to strap a firearm to their hip to save the lives of others, are the same folks who are arguing most vigorously that they will not strap a piece of cloth over their mouth to save the lives of others.
Quote:
CDC Updates Mask Guidelines - Cloth Masks Least Effective
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022...east-effective

and i don't carry to " save the lives of others " but mine & family and my property
those others lives are up to them .
as for masks i wear them where required only
but i'm double vaxxed and had Delta four months after the second shot
so i don't fear BA.2
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2022, 01:59 PM   #8605
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Don’t mistake their gun slinging mentality to be altruistic. It’s more for their own benefit. Same as their approach to Covid. Altruism is a dying trait. It’s not part of our DNA as a country anymore. Conspiratory beliefs and political motivations have killed it.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 07:36 AM   #8606
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Can't hurt to take a vitamin D supplement, guys.. I'm on it anyway as my blood tests had shown low levels a few years back.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...o-fight-covid/

Quote:
Researchers from Bar Ilan University and the Galilee Medical Center say that the vitamin has such a strong impact on disease severity that they can predict how people would fare if infected based on nothing more than their ages and vitamin D levels.

Lacking vitamin D significantly increases danger levels, they concluded in newly peer-reviewed research published Thursday in the journal PLOS One.
Vitamin D deficiency is endemic across the Middle East, including in Israel, where nearly four in five people are low on the vitamin, according to one study from 2011. By taking supplements before infection, though, the researchers in the new Israeli study found that patients could avoid the worst effects of the disease.

In June, researchers published preliminary findings showing that 26 percent of coronavirus patients died if they were vitamin D deficient soon before hospitalization, compared to 3% who had normal levels of vitamin D.

They also determined that hospitalized patients who were vitamin D deficient were 14 times more likely, on average, to end up in severe or critical condition than others.

Old Feb 4, 2022, 07:44 AM   #8607
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
We will look back on this pandemic and realize the root cause for those who suffered most from this virus, was a simple lack of vitamin D.
Someone get this guy an award.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 07:56 AM   #8608
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So among R3D who is a closet anti vaxer?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 08:28 AM   #8609
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Read about the importance of vitamin D months ago.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 09:49 AM   #8610
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
Read about the importance of vitamin D months ago.
Probably these guys. Preliminary result in June. It's now official, went through peer review, and being published as final. Note that this data was from Delta, not Omicron. Still, Vitamin D bolstering the immune system doesn't change based on the virus, just the death-rate would likely be different and less dramatic if done again today.

A 23% difference in mortality rate is something. Of those hospitalized (with Delta), 14x more likely to be severe/critical.