Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Opera vs. Chrome: Chrome wins

I've been using Opera for the past month or so, after getting mad at Chrome for losing all of my open tabs. Opera is slower. A lot slower. I thought something was wrong with my computer. Well, I still think something is wrong with my computer, but Chrome still runs super fast.

So, ifso, facto..... Chrome wins. I couldn't stand the slowness of Opera anymore. I tried everything to make it go faster. I did like the built-in torrent dealie. But I'd rather be able to surf and torrint at the same time with no slowdowns or lag. So Chrome + torrints is the way to go for me.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:31 PM   #2
Nebuchadnezzar
Adriana

Location: Luxembourg Lat: 49:50:52N (49.8477) Lon: 6:06:21E (6.1059)
Nebuchadnezzar is still being judged by the masses

Though Chrome is blazing fast and kicks major ass in that departement, I don't want to know what you think of IE or FF if Opera's slow for you.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lol opera wins. Pages load near instant with me. Going to chrome from opera because of speed is down right silly.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Espíritu_de_América
Radeon Northern Islands

Espíritu_de_América is still being judged by the masses

I would agree with DorXtar. I noticed that Chrome loads web pages faster than Opera, even the new 9.60 release. Of course Chrome really falls behind with Flash websites. There tends to be an issue in that area, not sure if I need to reinstall Flash at all though.
Espíritu_de_América is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 03:42 AM   #5
TheNGTV
EGG

TheNGTV is still being judged by the masses

Chrome's flash plugin phails epic.

Also, no stop button is STARTING TO ANNOY ME TO NO END. <- somethin like that.
TheNGTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 06:08 PM   #6
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Was using chrome until i started school, chrome does not work to will with the web apps they have online.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Never cared for Opera, and I gave chrome a chance. Love the minimal interface, but I still find myself going back to FF3 because of all the wonderful plugins.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 09:41 PM   #8
Espíritu_de_América
Radeon Northern Islands

Espíritu_de_América is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Never cared for Opera, and I gave chrome a chance. Love the minimal interface, but I still find myself going back to FF3 because of all the wonderful plugins.
That and everything works with it.

Give Chrome time. I think they released this version just to show people what they could do, and I think it was a giant start. They have a lot to work on but I look forward to the final when it ever comes out.
Espíritu_de_América is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:14 AM   #9
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Chrome felt too naked for my taste. Also I like Opera's "Speed Dial" feature better than Chrome's similar pre=loading scenario. And as for speed, I haven't tried the newest build of Chrome yet but the older one didn't go any faster than Opera in the pages I tend up use - but maybe it is faster on others, it possible I guess. Though since Opera is already speedy I can't imagine noticing much more speed.

Bottom line, if Chrome beefs up its over minimalist feel and adds the normal "toolbar" with File Edit View Bookmarks and Help, then I might give it another try. But if that doesn't change then I'm sticking to a browser that provides those minimal comforts. But if you like Chrome, more power to ya.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:32 AM   #10
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNGTV View Post
Also, no stop button is STARTING TO ANNOY ME TO NO END. <- somethin like that.
You mean the X on the right side of the adress bar?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote