Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 30, 2022, 08:19 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't agree that it has atrocious AI. I think it's got above average AI that occasionally goes dumb. Many stealth games have similar AI systems and to a certain extent you want the AI to act in a way that is predictable and interesting to avoid.

I find they can do some fairly smart things. They search an area if a flock of birds fly away. They'll hide in a building if a sniper is picking off their friends from an unknown place. They'll pick up and run away with injured soldiers. They will know if a buddy does not return. And they have an infecting type awareness.

Sure they get stuck occasionally and in some places they run straight into your cross-hairs. But I also have seen them flank pretty well, and avoid charging into battle.

When I think of games with better AI, it's not a long list.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2022, 08:56 PM   #32
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I don’t think we are playing the same game.

AI is dumber than my left testicle that still rapidly produces jizz juice every time I see boobs even though I am a 40+ year old.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2022, 11:23 PM   #33
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I don’t think we are playing the same game.

AI is dumber than my left testicle that still rapidly produces jizz juice every time I see boobs even though I am a 40+ year old.
If you're playing Sniper Elite like you're playing puketown in Call of Duty, I'm not surprised.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 30, 2022, 11:55 PM   #34
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Terrible camera angles allow the enemy to fire on you, but always shoves your view into the side of a building.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote