Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 15, 2022, 09:16 AM   #19831
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
Star Wars - A New Hope. In a theater, with a symphony orchestra playing the soundtrack. Highly recommended. I have to admit I choked up a couple of times.
9/10 because it was the extended edition.
What do you mean "extended edition?"
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2022, 09:44 AM   #19832
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
What do you mean "extended edition?"
The new 1997 Special Edition as supposed to the theatrical release?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2022, 12:34 PM   #19833
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a[B
[/b]croig;1338340473]The new 1997 Special Edition as supposed to the theatrical release?
Dengin is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2022, 10:56 PM   #19834
Renocide
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Old.

I feel like a great movie could have been made from the story...

This just wasn't it.
Old May 16, 2022, 08:54 AM   #19835
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
Correct.
OK. There's really no way I can respond to correct you on this without sounding like a complete nerd so I will just say have a good day.
Old May 16, 2022, 08:54 AM   #19836
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
OK. There's really no way I can respond to correct you on this without sounding like a complete nerd so I will just say have a good day.
Bro, aren't we all nerds on this forum?

yoz
Old May 16, 2022, 08:58 AM   #19837
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Bro, aren't we all nerds on this forum?
Ha, well maybe I just did not want to sound that way.

Also, as a lifelong Star Wars fan those special editions are a real sore spot for me. Just don't want to even go down that road because I will end up sounding like an elitist prick no matter how I say it.
Old May 16, 2022, 09:02 AM   #19838
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Ha, well maybe I just did not want to sound that way.

Also, as a lifelong Star Wars fan those special editions are a real sore spot for me. Just don't want to even go down that road because I will end up sounding like an elitist prick no matter how I say it.
They're a sore spot for many. I told myself that Lucas was entitled to do what he wanted with his movies, for better or worse.

yoz
Old May 16, 2022, 09:07 AM   #19839
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The Northman 8.5/10
Not for everyone, but I loved it.
Old May 16, 2022, 09:09 AM   #19840
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
They're a sore spot for many. I told myself that Lucas was entitled to do what he wanted with his movies, for better or worse.
Nope, those movies belong to us. He shouldn't be allowed to **** with them.
Old May 16, 2022, 09:14 AM   #19841
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Nope, those movies belong to us. He shouldn't be allowed to **** with them.
Now the belong to Disney! Unless you own shares they sure as hell don't belong to us.

Interesting how Lucas said that his "vision" was better achieved with the SE films.

yoz
Old May 16, 2022, 09:19 AM   #19842
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Now the belong to Disney! Unless you own shares they sure as hell don't belong to us.

Interesting how Lucas said that his "vision" was better achieved with the SE films.
In all seriousness the only thing that pisses me off is that the original versions no longer get re-released. I would like an official Blu-Ray of the original home video versions. I know we'll likely never get the REAL original theatrical releases but the original home video versions are good enough for me. I just don't want all the garbage they added in the '97 special editions. ****ing awful.

Thankfully I do still have them in several different copies, as well as the despecialized Blu-Ray. Just would like to see an official Blu-Ray release.
Old May 16, 2022, 09:20 AM   #19843
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
In all seriousness the only thing that pisses me off is that the original versions no longer get re-released. I would like an official Blu-Ray of the original home video versions. I know we'll likely never get the REAL original theatrical releases but the original home video versions are good enough for me. I just don't want all the garbage they added in the '97 special editions. ****ing awful.
That was the hope when Disney bought LucasFilm but I suspect Lucas made them sign an agreement not to release those because.....

yoz
Old May 16, 2022, 09:45 AM   #19844
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
That was the hope when Disney bought LucasFilm but I suspect Lucas made them sign an agreement not to release those because.....
I think Lucas is no longer part of the equation here.

From what I understood last time I read about it, was that 20th Century Fox retained the rights to distribute sales of at least the first Star Wars movie A New Hope in its original form FOREVER. Even when Fox's distribution rights reverted to Disney in May 2020, they still would retain rights to that first movie because of how the original agreement with Lucas was made back in the 70's. So that makes releasing a trilogy set a problem for Disney. They would still have to buy the rights for that.

As far as I know that issue is the hold up on any movement of releasing the original versions again. I know there were also claims of the original negatives being in a poor and unrecoverable state but I believe that's been debunked.

Quote:
The negative is conformed to the Special Edition edit, because there can only be one original negative. So, technically speaking, the negative assembly of the originals does not exist. But it would be very easy to simply put the original pieces back in and conform it to the original versions. Actually, in a theoretical modern restoration, they would just scan the original pieces and make a digital edit, especially since disassembling the negative puts a lot of wear on it. There are also secondary sources, such as separation masters and interpositives, both of which were used to make duplicate pieces to repair parts of the original negative for the 1997 release. So, basically, the official Lucasfilm stance is a lot of crap, designed to confuse people who don't have a thorough knowledge of how post-production works.
Good article on this from Ars Techinca.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...-wars-we-want/
Old May 16, 2022, 09:52 AM   #19845
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Hmm, actually I am not sure if Disney's acquisition of Fox media also includes the rights 20th Century Fox retained of that first Star Wars movie. I haven't been keeping up with this so I will have to read up.

[EDIT] OK yes, my knowledge was way out of date. Disney owns the original film distribution rights, acquired from 20th Century Fox back in 2017.
Old May 16, 2022, 09:54 AM   #19846
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

There was a guy who created a really clean 4k restoration by scanning several different film reels and super-imposing them over each other. Really amazing results.

Start at 7:00 to see how he made it.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : May 16, 2022 at 09:59 AM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2022, 09:59 AM   #19847
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Hmm, actually I am not sure if Disney's acquisition of Fox media also includes the rights 20th Century Fox retained of that first Star Wars movie. I haven't been keeping up with this so I will have to read up.

[EDIT] OK yes, my knowledge was way out of date. Disney owns the original film distribution rights, acquired from 20th Century Fox back in 2017.
This, House of Mouse owns it all!

yoz
Old May 16, 2022, 10:14 AM   #19848
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Oh what great hands its in.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:24 AM   #19849
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Moonfall. So bad, I don’t even / 10.
I am your man. Old white woman enjoys an android’s penis / 10.
Run and gun. If lazy people made movies / 10.

Such a bad time on an 8 hour flight.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2022, 10:27 AM   #19850
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
There was a guy who created a really clean 4k restoration by scanning several different film reels and super-imposing them over each other. Really amazing results.

Start at 7:00 to see how he made it.
Cool, watching it now.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 AM   #19851
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Ghostbusters Afterlife. 7.5/10. Good film overall. Surprisingly great characters, especially the kids. Really great tribute to Harold Ramis (wow that CGI was impressive). The farm town setting works better than I expected.

Story is a bit of a slow burn though, and there's not very many ghosts in it. Most of the ghosts are just rehashes of Zuul and Gozer from the original. Instead of Slimer, they have this caterpillar ghost that eats metal... he's really the only ghost shown for the first 3/4 of the movie. There's WAAAAY fewer ghosts than the previous films had. Also no giant monster at the end.

My kids especially liked the grocery store scene with all of the tiny marshmallow men. They insisted that we watch that part twice.

Not sure whether they intend to make this the start of a new series, or if it's a one-off. I'd be happy to watch a sequel to this.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #19852
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The Lost City. 4/10. Meh. Wife wanted to see it because she likes rom-coms. I think Sandra Bullock plays the exact same character in every movie.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #19853
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
The Lost City. 4/10. Meh. Wife wanted to see it because she likes rom-coms. I think Sandra Bullock plays the exact same character in every movie.
She even seemed bored in half this movie lol. It wasn’t her best effort. And that jumpsuit didn’t help
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #19854
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
She even seemed bored in half this movie lol. It wasn’t her best effort. And that jumpsuit didn’t help
Yep. I think Channing Tatum and Daniel Radcliffe did a pretty good job though. At least, given the material they had to work with.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #19855
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Yep. I think Channing Tatum and Daniel Radcliffe did a pretty good job though. At least, given the material they had to work with.
They did. Tatum did a great job in Dog as well. Decently done and enjoyable
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #19856
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

Watched an hour long online documentary.

WHERE DREAMS GO TO DIE - Gary Robbins and The Barkley Marathons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDZdsqbcGTU

Love everything about this Ultra Marathon. Will be a shame when it ends, so much tradition. Guy who runs it is an absolute character.

The OG documentary on it is here. Free with ads on youtube. If you are curious, watch the documentary below as it's more focused on the race and not a particular racer like the first one I linked.

The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG97F6b_6o4
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote