Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 27, 2021, 05:25 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Totally put Intel instead of nVidia. I don't know what I was thinking....
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2021, 05:39 PM   #32
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
They still might be.

RDNA3 - MCM Design
ADA Lovelace - Traditional Design
Hopper - MCM Design

We might not get MCM from Nvidia though if Lovelace gets released as a gaming card. Hopper would be Quadro replacement. I was really looking forward to an MCM gaming card, might jump to AMD then if it happens.
Beware what you wish for Happa. AMD Radeon MCM drivers at release Maybe 6 months later if you're lucky. Unlike you I've witnessed this travesty of launch drivers and it isn't recommended. Thrice bitten now shy.

Won't ever buy AMD card on release again will wait for drivers to actually work (6 months +) before bothering again with the hassle.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:04 AM   #33
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:35 AM   #34
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Think of the whales
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:18 AM   #35
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Think of the whales
Save the humans.

yoz
Old Jul 30, 2021, 07:35 AM   #36
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Count Billy out, he is sticking with the RX580.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 07:47 AM   #37
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Count Billy out, he is sticking with the RX580.
I hope he gets one next summer as he hopes.

yoz
Old Jul 30, 2021, 07:48 AM   #38
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Count me out too.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 07:58 AM   #39
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I'm in. Don't care about power usage as long as performance justifies it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 08:41 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m buying the second I see one available. As long the cost is somewhat reasonable.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 09:46 AM   #41
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I should be able to do it.

But I don't plan on upgrading until at least 2023 or 2024.

I'm sure it and everything else I need to upgrade will require some new motherboard and this and that and...etc.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:49 AM   #42
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'm in. Don't care about power usage as long as performance justifies it.
NV needs to change their color to coal black as they are far from green

wonder if 5nm Samsung will be as bad as 8nm

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/sa...o-expand-in-q4

……….

maybe 6 months or so for Intel

Quote:
Intel Xe-HPG Graphics Cards With DG2 GPU Rumored To Launch at CES 2022
https://wccftech.com/intel-xe-hpg-ga...es-2022-rumor/

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 30, 2021 at 11:56 AM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:58 AM   #43
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Don't care. Gimme the numbers. You peasants can argue over wattage, I'll enjoy 4K high refresh rate gaming
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:04 PM   #44
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Don't care. Gimme the numbers. You peasants can argue over wattage, I'll enjoy 4K high refresh rate gaming
4080 two 12-pin plugs

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series flagship based on the AD102 (Ada Lovelace) GPU will consume around 400-500 Watts of power. That's a 20-40% increase in power consumption over the existing flagship, the Ampere-based GA102 (RTX 3090) GPU.

AMD RDNA 3 maybe as bad

Quote:
The forum member also reports that the Navi 31 GPU will be consuming 420-450 Watts of power which although slightly lower than NVIDIA's Ada Lovelace GPU, is still a 25-35% increase over the Navi 21 GPU (RX 6900 XTX).
it better be 2.5x faster

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ad102-ad...-400w-rumored/

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 30, 2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:09 PM   #45
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
4080 two 12-pin plugs
I wouldn't even blink while plugging them in either
Old Jul 30, 2021, 04:00 PM   #46
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I find this comment offensive.

I call myself a PC enthusiast yet I game on a GTX 1080. Don’t call me peasant, can’t you see I’m crying out for help?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:17 PM   #47
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I find this comment offensive.

I call myself a PC enthusiast yet I game on a GTX 1080. Don’t call me peasant, can’t you see I’m crying out for help?
In fairness you've had many chances to buy a 3080 and passed on them all.

yoz
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:29 PM   #48
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
In fairness you've had many chances to buy a 3080 and passed on them all.
STFU
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:33 PM   #49
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

And a dirt cheap 2080ti
Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:43 PM   #50
Megaman
Packing heat!

Rage3D is in the middle

Old Jul 30, 2021, 05:53 PM   #51
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
STFU
Quote:
Rage3D is in the middle

yoz
Old Jul 30, 2021, 06:46 PM   #52
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

some people just like being a peasant

I gave a 1080 ti Strix away to a WoW player as useless

………..

if Intel does launch at CES on January 5

think it will be good enough to force NV and or AMD to move up to January also ?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:01 AM   #53
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Can't wait to buy a 4090 and surpass KAC and Demo ...
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:47 AM   #54
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
You will forever be a peasant and keep posting irrelevant videos.

I am hoping the new cards are not priced at 2 Gs as normal pricing or I will be quite pissed off.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2021, 04:31 AM   #55
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You will forever be a peasant and keep posting irrelevant videos.

I am hoping the new cards are not priced at 2 Gs as normal pricing or I will be quite pissed off.

If you spent 10000 $ / year for pc components you don't need any video. Buy the best
Videos are for ... peasants
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:01 AM   #56
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:08 AM   #57
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Samsung trying to make money now because they're about to be extremely irrelevant
Old Jul 31, 2021, 11:48 AM   #58
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
the jacket will throw a tantrum
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:13 PM   #59
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
the jacket will throw a tantrum
He's got no choice.

yoz
Old Jul 31, 2021, 01:41 PM   #60
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Have you won the Euro Millions?
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote