Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:48 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ah gotcha, thought you meant 4K Native.

I agree, if this will be the standard and not the exception (which it currently is) then yeah, FSR could be off to a very good start. Hopefully other games can be as impressive as this one.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2021, 04:34 PM   #62
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

IMO, if FSR ultra quality can look good enough compared to native 4k, then it is good enough for me.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2021, 06:32 PM   #63
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

I love how AMD never gives up and how it is never a good idea to underestimate them or write them off.

I look forward to a game where I can compare both technologies.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 19, 2021, 07:28 PM   #64
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm surprised FSR doing so well compared to DLSS given that it only seems to work off that one frame (no frame motion/vector reconstruction) as part of the pipeline before UI if I understand it correctly? Would....seriously.... love to see it work across multiple frames/temporal.

Last edited by kboye : Jul 20, 2021 at 04:39 AM.
kboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 01:55 PM   #65
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Mean while in Linux land, they have managed to get FSR to work on almost anything through Steam & Proton ... o_o

https://wccftech.com/amd-fsr-can-be-...rotons-fshack/

So PAX already posted the video of Cyberpunk 2077 with FSR in the other thread but I wanted to post it here. Also here's another video of it being used in Forza.

I have to wonder if AMD might soon give this feature driver side. Because being able to do this in almost any game Linux side is pretty insanely awesome.

p.s. Also going to make the Steam deck even more awesome .

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 05:00 PM   #66
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I dont run linux so does it run driver side irrelevant of the game? I dont think they have option ingame in CP2077... so every game on proton? Thats amazing...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2021, 05:17 PM   #67
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I dont run linux so does it run driver side irrelevant of the game? I dont think they have option ingame in CP2077... so every game on proton? Thats amazing...
This guy explains it.

Warframe using the same method.

Tweet from "GloriousEggroll" showing screens of it being used with The Witcher 3...
https://twitter.com/GloriousEggroll/...28974565269509

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:03 PM   #68
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Same guy who did the Cyberpunk comparison. Now in Red Dead Redemption 2

System:
Old Jul 29, 2021, 09:24 PM   #69
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Insane... Windows needs to up its game and run the darn thing from the driver.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:30 AM   #70
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Insane... Windows needs to up its game and run the darn thing from the driver.
Got me thinking that based on the proton style hack... it should be pretty easy to code a windows program that takes a windowed game and upscales it to borderless fullscreen using FSR...

System:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 12:41 AM   #71
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Im just wondering if using this general approach they might lose something due to optimization for a given game by a dev...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:27 AM   #72
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Im just wondering if using this general approach they might lose something due to optimization for a given game by a dev...
It wouldn't be perfect, but the results would be very similar to whats happening with the Proton FSHack in Linux and those results look awesome.

System:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:55 AM   #73
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm just guessing here, but ideally you want scaling processed before UI and text to remain sharp, and a generic enabler would have no way of knowing which step/layer index to do that from other than doing it on the very last composited frame. Right? That's not ideal Doing it at the right step is kinda half the effect.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 01:10 PM   #74
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

True. But look at the results in Linux. Still looks pretty stellar.

System:
Old Aug 1, 2021, 03:54 PM   #75
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
True. But look at the results in Linux. Still looks pretty stellar.
I've got a KFA2 3090 SG do I need it?
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:13 PM   #76
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 04:33 PM   #77
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Hehe I don't know Lordhawkwind, as your on a top tier GPU. Things like DLSS and FSR are really designed for situations where you can't get the framerate you need/want. So I can't remember what your running for a display. But I'd hazard a guess your probably sitting just fine with a 3090.

System:
Old Aug 3, 2021, 02:12 AM   #78
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Look at FSR in Chernobylite comparisons

System:
Old Aug 3, 2021, 04:11 AM   #79
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Due to youtube compression I couldn't tell the difference at first, but at 300% zoom (!) gen5 TAA clearly (pun) looks the best. That said, TAA gen5 with FSR looked fine in the video, even at 300% it was OK, and I'd happily use that for gameplay.

edit/ I think the key to a good FSR implementation is a good AA foundation to work with.

Last edited by demo : Aug 3, 2021 at 04:21 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 03:33 PM   #80
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/993090

And looks like someone did pretty much what I was thinking for Windows. Shame it's payware.

System:
Old Aug 3, 2021, 04:31 PM   #81
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

To be fair it's only $5 and if it encourages the dev to keep it updated it may be worth the expense.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 05:50 PM   #82
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Ok bought it, as it about the price of a burger from McDonalds. Seems to work sorta alright... but it seems to also apply a pretty heavy Radeon CAS sharpen pass that I can't disable.

Oh well, I'll keep the program to see how this improves. At the moment, I wouldn't recommend it just for the FSR functionality.

System:
Old Aug 5, 2021, 09:04 PM   #83
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

It looks like there's a free program that does the same thing called Magpie. https://github.com/Blinue/Magpie/releases

I've tried it in a couple of games just for the hell of it. So far, I've tried Control and Doom Eternal. It looks pretty good actually but performance doesn't seem that great. Doom Eternal I was actually getting lower FPS, but I was already hitting my frame rate cap at native 1440P, so maybe it's a situation where I have plenty of GPU processing power so the extra CPU overhead actually holds me back. Either that or it just wasn't working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Ok bought it, as it about the price of a burger from McDonalds. Seems to work sorta alright... but it seems to also apply a pretty heavy Radeon CAS sharpen pass that I can't disable.

Oh well, I'll keep the program to see how this improves. At the moment, I wouldn't recommend it just for the FSR functionality.
If you're unsatisfied with the program and within the two hour window, you could still request a refund.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2021, 06:38 PM   #84
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Bero Tech has made a couple more comparisons through the Linux hack

Arkham Knight

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

The Witcher 3

The Ascent

System: