Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Jul 25, 2021, 02:07 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Audio player Foobar 2000 version 1.67 introduce exclusive mode output

Hi ALl

foobar 1.67 with exclusive mode output released.There is a big difference in sound quality out of the box.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121192

Enjoy!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:12 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Sorta. This shouldn't change the quality of your output unless there is a problem else where. All exclusive mode does is prevent interruption of the audio device from anything else. So unless you got multiple apps going that can screw with the audio, this doesn't do anything.

That said... I always have multiple apps going and like exclusive mode just to essentially mute them out when listening to music

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 01:51 AM   #3
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ya... i founded this weird.So i was thinking i forgot something and i remebered...
The Nu Audio have this filters "Sound Color digital filter" ... The default one when the card installs was not the one that i used often.
But still even with the the filter that i usually used there is a more spatial and more clarity.
This was usually achieved by enabling fidelizer.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2021, 04:05 AM   #4
drumphil
Radeon Volcanic Islands

drumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydrumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
This was usually achieved by enabling fidelizer.
Placebo.

12Bass: re: 9/11 nano-thermite conspiracy theory "Nanotermites... turns out it was a spelling error. Also explains the lack of explosions before the collapse."
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2021, 09:41 AM   #5
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumphil View Post
Placebo.
Nope ...
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:47 AM   #6
drumphil
Radeon Volcanic Islands

drumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydrumphil can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What, because of all the reduced noise from the computer, with a sound card that already has filtering caps capable of producing results where the noise is 100db or more down from full scale?

Give me a break.

Any audio device that can be made audibly better by controlling other external factors (within reason) should have been designed better so that those external factors don't matter. If you need to do something else to fix it, you should have just got something that wasn't broken, and didn't need fixing.

The EVGA Nu Audio doesn't need fixing, unless you have a ground loop noise issue, which has other solutions, or you have a million dollar room and speaker system where the sound card would be the weakest link.

Even then, the Nu Audio is unlikely to be the thing you'd spend more money on to improve. It's not a stellar sound card, but it's still pretty good.

If you can really hear "computer noise" that can be reduced by reducing the amount of computing being done in your computer, then you either have a poor quality audio device, or you have ground loop issues.

It's nearly always ground loop issues.

Here is a proper review with proper measurements if you're curious of exactly what level of fidelity your card has, without any software tricks.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-pc-card.9137/

12Bass: re: 9/11 nano-thermite conspiracy theory "Nanotermites... turns out it was a spelling error. Also explains the lack of explosions before the collapse."

Last edited by drumphil : Aug 16, 2021 at 11:24 PM.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote