Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:44 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
One hand use. Bottom rests on pinky while lying down or dicking with the phone during zoom calls.
Those are for one-handed use.
You don't need the phone to rest on your pinky. The pop socket one rest between your index and middle.

https://youtu.be/FhJr0zFlX34?t=374

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:22 PM   #62
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I don’t want an S&M ring on my phone. I have seen them and they look ugly as sin. I got myself this cover though and the 13 Pro looks dope in it.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/H...2bf%252B52ee05

In Black.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:55 PM   #63
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I always get the thinnest case possible. Everything else just makes the phone too bulky

https://www.totalleecase.com/product...39577428787262

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 28, 2021, 01:08 PM   #64
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gotta have extra protection because kids. I usually use otterbox or spigen cases and tempered glass screens.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 01:34 PM   #65
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You better learn them kids

Old Sep 28, 2021, 01:38 PM   #66
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

facts
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2021, 03:04 PM   #67
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
facts
Yup
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2021, 03:16 PM   #68
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

We are not barbaric like the Americans.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 09:08 AM   #69
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
One hand use. Bottom rests on pinky while lying down or dicking with the phone during zoom calls.
so thats why you want the bigger phone.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2021, 09:32 PM   #70
KAC
It might be gays!

Is the new notch also driving someone’s OCD mad? Someone at Apple should be fired for this crap.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 08:03 AM   #71
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Is the new notch also driving someone’s OCD mad? Someone at Apple should be fired for this crap.
What's wrong with the new notch?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
Old Sep 30, 2021, 08:28 AM   #72
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
It still exists at all? LOL

Seriously though, kids issue is real. Not just because kids can grab it, but often because you're also juggling more things in your hands, occasionally have to lunge to save kid from injury when they are not paying attention (or learning to walk)...just adds a layer of stuff that can easily cause an "oops" moment where your phone crashes to the ground.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:00 AM   #73
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
It cuts through YouTube videos and games. See a review.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:30 AM   #74
0091/2
We Do It!

Quote:
It cuts through YouTube videos and games. See a review.
It's not visible on the Pro max.
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comm..._notch_is_not/

Current Desktop [2016]
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:49 AM   #75
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes but I don’t want to carry a brick around. Heck even pro is too heavy and I am considering a 13 for me.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:47 AM   #76
KAC
It might be gays!

So I replaced the apple otterbox cover with a clear otterbox cover with MagSafe and now the weight is much better.

Also got a MagSafe charger and a brick since I didn’t have a USB C brick thus far.

Phone is pretty dope and I am quite liking the upgrade from 12. The 120 Hz screen and overall speed of the phone is where it’s at.

Highly recommended upgrade for anyone still using a previous phone.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 01:53 AM   #77
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Galmok is still being judged by the masses

I hope you guys are aware that if anything gets broken, only Apple can repair it and we all know they don't want to repair anything... Even if genuine Apple parts are used, the phone wont work properly as most items have IDs then must match. ID doesn't match = non-functional part of the phone, genuine part or not. Only Apple can update the ID database in the phone.

Here is a guy that demonstrates the issue, having bought two iPhone 13 pro and switch parts between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7NmMl_-yg
Galmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 02:04 AM   #78
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s why you get apple care and put your phone in a proper cover.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 02:28 AM   #79
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
That’s why you get apple care and put your phone in a proper cover.
They really got you good...
Old Oct 9, 2021, 02:57 AM   #80
KAC
It might be gays!

Well I always use Otterbox covers and full screen tempered glass 9 DH or some crap. Through this I managed to protect my 11, 12 and 13 Pro. Wasn’t able to protect my 8 before that. My 7 still works and has a Spigen armor cover which is also very good but I don’t like the new range of Spigen armor with a kickstand.

The only recent damage I had was when my wife washed the 11 in the pool and Apple only charged me 95 bucks to replace her 11. Combine it with the apple care I bought for her for 157 bucks it isn’t bad to get the full phone replaced with a brand new one 1 month before the 2 years were about to finish.

I am thinking about getting Apple Care for my 13 Pro as well but it is 210 bucks so am still contemplating if I want it. I got it for my wife and little kid as they are likely to destroy the apple products.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 03:53 AM   #81
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

You could also just not support Apple's business strategy. I know this is much to ask, but honestly, do you really appreciate that only Apple can fix you phone? Screen cracked? Only apple can fix. Any third party could have fixed it cheaper if only Apple didn't prevent this. Same with other components (touch sensor, cameras, maybe even battery). You don't really own the phone anymore. Apple just has granted you permission to use it, for a high price.

And for what? To show others you could afford to rent it?

I feel sorry for the unsuspecting people buying this phone and discover that many of the faults that can occur can only be fixed by Apple, and that only if they want to. We already know Apple wont fix e.g. water damaged phones to save e.g. documents/pictures/videos on it. Third part repair shops have oftens shown repairs to be possible, except now there is no hope as Apple decided your data isn't worth it.

Good luck with your purchase. You will need it (or need deep pockets).
Old Oct 9, 2021, 04:16 AM   #82
KAC
It might be gays!

You never heard of iCloud? My phone gets backed up every night. So not sure why data would be an issue.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 04:36 AM   #83
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
You never heard of iCloud? My phone gets backed up every night. So not sure why data would be an issue.
You get a 512GB iCloud with the phone for unlimited amount of years? Or did Apple simp you into buying that as well?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 04:44 AM   #84
KAC
It might be gays!

I have the 50 GB for a buck per month. Can’t complain.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 08:20 AM   #85
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I have the 50 GB for a buck per month. Can’t complain.
I’m surprised you’re even explaining. The only one’s I justify my purchases to are myself and the wife.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:32 PM   #86
KAC
It might be gays!

Not justifying anything. Having a conversation with someone that read an article and freaked out.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 03:27 AM   #87
KAC
It might be gays!

These mofos at apple added blue hue to normal aluminum watches. Pisses me off. Now need to buy next tier which is more than double the price.

You guys think Hermes one is a good investment?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:20 AM   #88
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
These mofos at apple added blue hue to normal aluminum watches. Pisses me off. Now need to buy next tier which is more than double the price.

No, just buy a different band

Old Oct 15, 2021, 08:12 PM   #89
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Say have you seen it in person? People are saying the blue in the midnight colorway is rather negligible unless you are really looking for it.

I am still hesitant of picking up another apple watch cause my series 3 is still going strong. Think the series 8 will be more of a real upgrade (in design, battery life, and features).
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:30 PM   #90
KAC
It might be gays!

Sold out everywhere.