Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 2, 2021, 02:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Aliens: Fireteam

Maybe a better Colonial Marines type game is coming?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...iens_Fireteam/

Quote:
Today the most recent entry in the Aliens game franchise was finally given a release date. Aliens: Fireteam is a three-player co-op shooter in the same vein as Left 4 Dead or the upcoming Back 4 Blood and is scheduled to be coming out in the summer of this year. Cold Iron Studios are the developers behind Aliens: Fireteam, but up until today, I hadn’t heard of them. Let’s take a look.

Past Games

Aliens: Fireteam is Cold Iron’s first game. Despite being around since 2015, this will be their first release. You can hardly blame them though as their Silicon Valley-based team is relatively small when compared to other studios. According to their Facebook page, the studio started as just three “industry veterans with a goal of creating games they want to play and building a team they love working with. Since then, the team has expanded to 20+ awesome developers.” Members of their team has previously worked on games like City of Heroes, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter.

History of Acquisition

Cold Iron’s journey to getting their Alien game made and published has been a long one. Since 2018, three years after the studio’s creation, they have been passed around to a handful of different owners. After Kabam split in 2018, FoxNext Games took the company. Once Fox was purchased by Disney in the following year, FoxNext Games was then under Disney’s management. After the Fox-Disney merger, Disney sold FoxNext Games to mobile game publisher Scopely in 2020. Scopely shopped Cold Iron and its Aliens game around until August 2020 when Daybreak Games purchased the company.

Aliens: Fireteam is set to come out this summer for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5.
https://www.dualshockers.com/cold-iron-studios/
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 02:08 PM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Very interested, but I need end user reviews before buying this time. I was so excited for A:CM and felt so disappointed after playing it. I would love for someone to finally nail the experience
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:02 PM   #3
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wasn’t this announced a while back and it’s pretty much L4D but in space and aliens ? Possibly same engine ? Or am I confused...
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:07 PM   #4
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Baller! Now don't screw this up!
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:11 PM   #5
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Wasn’t this announced a while back and it’s pretty much L4D but in space and aliens ? Possibly same engine ? Or am I confused...
That's basically what it looks like to me.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:22 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

aesthetics look decent. hope it plays well.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 04:56 PM   #7
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Well its the perfect fit for a L4D clone really. So here hoping they have made this really fun

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 05:28 PM   #8
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like Gears of Aliens.

What's with all the third person shooters lately?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 07:11 PM   #9
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

F&** Coop Games.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 07:23 PM   #10
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
F&** Coop Games.
Maybe they’ll allow bots to fill in the team like LFD. Let’s hope.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 07:34 PM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Maybe they’ll allow bots to fill in the team like LFD. Let’s hope.
LFD bots were horrible
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 07:43 PM   #12
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
LFD bots were horrible
Yes but they did allow you to play it without friends...
Old Mar 2, 2021, 09:03 PM   #13
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This looks like it has potential, just like Colonel Marines did, but they'll fook it up, just like they did with Colonel Marines.

I can just tell.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 09:07 PM   #14
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Colonial Marines was actually a good game after they improved the turd AI and bugs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:31 PM   #15
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

No single player element = no interest.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:34 PM   #16
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah I actually liked Colonial Marines much more than the general consensus. I did play it long after it was patched up, and got it super cheap though. But I found it enjoyable enough for the time, and they did do a decent job at capturing the feel and atmosphere of the Aliens movie.

This game looks super interesting to me for the co-op component, and the assumption they learned lessons from Colonial Marine's mistakes. But I play co-op on a weekly basis now with my brothers and a couple friends so we're always looking for good new co-op games. We actually did play Colonial Marines in co-op recently and did enjoy it. Thought it was actually pretty fun playing with friends on badass difficulty and using voice chat. Was much improved after applying the .ini fixes for the Xenomorph AI. If they can deliver a stable modern version of that with improvements I'll be happy.

I think this new Aliens game looks like a mix of Colonial Marines and World War Z (since 3rd person, and character classes with different abilities and perks) which is another co-op game we really liked. Anyways I was pleasantly surprised to learn this is in development and on track for release this summer. Hoping its good.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:34 PM   #17
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
The Steam page says it has single player as well.

But its likely the same as the co-op campaign, just by yourself (like in the L4D and World War Z games)
Old Mar 3, 2021, 06:49 AM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
LFD bots were horrible
most of the real players too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 04:41 PM   #19
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Colonial Marines was actually a good game after they improved the turd AI and bugs.
I agree. It was worth 24.3 hours of game time for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I agree.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 05:21 PM   #20
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm probably the only person alive that didn't like the L4D series. I think I played both of the games a grand total of two hours and had enough.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old Mar 3, 2021, 05:54 PM   #21
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I'm probably the only person alive that didn't like the L4D series. I think I played both of the games a grand total of two hours and had enough.
Did you try playing with friends and voice chat? Or just alone with bots, or on public servers with random people?

The L4D games are really fun with friends, and especially after you've learned the levels really well and ramp up the difficulty.

But since World War Z we don't really play L4D much anymore. WWZ made L4D obsolete IMO.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 06:22 PM   #22
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Did you try playing with friends and voice chat? Or just alone with bots, or on public servers with random people?

The L4D games are really fun with friends, and especially after you've learned the levels really well and ramp up the difficulty.

But since World War Z we don't really play L4D much anymore. WWZ made L4D obsolete IMO.
I think a mix of friends online and public servers. I never bothered with the bots.

~George Carlin
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:19 PM   #23
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

L4D games were garbage.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 09:12 PM   #24
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
L4D games were garbage.
You're definitely in a small minority with that opinion.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:47 PM   #25
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Quote:
L4D games were garbage.
There's the KAC I used to know. The one with the complete opposite opinion of me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:54 PM   #26
KAC
Dirty humans

Old Mar 5, 2021, 03:31 AM   #27
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 08:28 AM   #28
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Nice.

It looks pretty standard fare for a modern co-op horde shooter, nothing too special or groundbreaking. But honestly its exactly what me and my bros like to play. Plus if they do the Aliens license justice its an extra bonus.

Hoping for a stable launch build so we can get right to playing without bugs.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 01:40 PM   #29
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

20 enemy types, and it's Aliens so for sure I will be buying
Old Mar 6, 2021, 11:36 PM   #30
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is gonna be nonstop action, correct? I prefer Alien games to at least be kind of spooky...
borat is offline   Reply With Quote