Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 26, 2021, 01:31 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Finished it, finally. Sorry boys, but this movie still kindof sucks. I'll be generous and give it 6/10.

Yes, it's ambitious, and many parts are superior to the Joss Whedon version. It's fascinating to compare and contrast the two versions. But I can totally see why the studio wanted to change alot of things to try to fix this, 'cause this movie is a janky mess even after Snyder was allowed to tinker with it for 4 extra years.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 03:13 AM   #152
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
As long as it’s the Darkseid arch and not the godawful Leto Joker in the alternative universe, I’m all in.
I agree. That was horrible.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2021, 04:43 AM   #153
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I agree. That was horrible.
well, it could be worse like the new glitter in the sunlight batman..... And yes, Leto was downright horrible

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 27, 2021, 04:00 PM   #154
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:47 PM   #155
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The honest trailer on this is hilarious.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 01:34 PM   #156
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

I keep reading stuff like this, that says that WB executives see the Snyderverse as an embarrassing failure. https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...e-failure/amp/

It can be debated whether something that makes a small profit is a "failure", or whether HBO should continue investing in it. They could certainly develop it properly and get some high-quality and profitable shows made.

I think it's worth noting though, that these movies were intended to compete with Marvel. In that context, yeah, they're a gigantic failure, and it would likely take a decade to turn that around.

Part of the problem was the DC movies being rushed, part of it being a lack of vision, and part of it being a lack of proper support from executives. But I also think a big part of the problem was focusing on their top-name characters. I actually think it was advantageous that Marvel had to start with B-tier characters (Ironman, Thor, Cap), as it allowed them to work on a slower-burn progression, focusing at first on smaller stories before ramping up to the big stuff. It also allowed them more creative freedom to develop the characters and universe, with fewer executive stakeholders intervening to protect their most valuable IP. Let's face it, there's alot of pressure from alot of angles when you're work on a superman or batman movie, and that pressure rarely improves the overall vision.

Consider that Hulk was the highest profile hero in the original Avengers plan, and look where that franchise went. It's very likely that Marvel would have screwed things up badly if they had started with Spiderman, X-men, Wolverine, or Fantastic 4.

It's interesting that when Marvel finally did get to reboot Spiderman (with Sony), that they deliberately chose to go super-small scale, and focus on the friendly neighborhood spiderman, living largely under the shadow of Ironman and the Avengers. They didn't have to do it that way, Spiderman could have easily come in as a big-dog instead (kind of like they tried to do with Captain Marvel).

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 15, 2021, 04:49 PM   #157
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I keep reading stuff like this, that says that WB executives see the Snyderverse as an embarrassing failure. https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...e-failure/amp/

It can be debated whether something that makes a small profit is a "failure", or whether HBO should continue investing in it. They could certainly develop it properly and get some high-quality and profitable shows made.

I think it's worth noting though, that these movies were intended to compete with Marvel. In that context, yeah, they're a gigantic failure, and it would likely take a decade to turn that around.

Part of the problem was the DC movies being rushed, part of it being a lack of vision, and part of it being a lack of proper support from executives. But I also think a big part of the problem was focusing on their top-name characters. I actually think it was advantageous that Marvel had to start with B-tier characters (Ironman, Thor, Cap), as it allowed them to work on a slower-burn progression, focusing at first on smaller stories before ramping up to the big stuff. It also allowed them more creative freedom to develop the characters and universe, with fewer executive stakeholders intervening to protect their most valuable IP. Let's face it, there's alot of pressure from alot of angles when you're work on a superman or batman movie, and that pressure rarely improves the overall vision.
I was with you up to the last paragraph. Cap America is B tier?

yoz
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:48 PM   #158
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Zack Snyder's Justice League and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice might share an unlikely Superman Easter egg.

In Batman v Superman, the Man of Steel dies while taking down the Kryptonian monster Doomsday. In the Ultimate Edition, at precisely the 2-hour, 38-minute, and 57-second mark, we get a close-up of Supes' face after his death.

In the Snyder Cut, the Justice League resurrect Superman using the Mother Box – and a fan has spotted a surprising link between the two scenes, with Superman's resurrection apparently occurring – you guessed it – 2 hours, 38 minutes, and 57 seconds into the Snyder Cut (though the image below has the timestamp 2:38:56).

[...]

Another layer to the Easter egg has been pointed out online, too – in the Bible, the resurrection of Lazarus is described in John 11:38. Of course, that might be a bit tenuous, considering the only link seems to be the number 38, but it's still an interesting detail – and Snyder loves his biblical references.

In Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021), Superman is resurrected at 2 hours and 38 minutes. This is the same time he died in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). John 11(2):38 describes Lazarus’ resurrection.

https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...cut-ryan-choi/

That had to be some crazy editing to get that to work.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:01 PM   #159
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
In comparison to characters from X-men? yeah kinda makes sense.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:34 PM   #160
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0Griever View Post
Zack Snyder's Justice League and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice might share an unlikely Superman Easter egg.

In Batman v Superman, the Man of Steel dies while taking down the Kryptonian monster Doomsday. In the Ultimate Edition, at precisely the 2-hour, 38-minute, and 57-second mark, we get a close-up of Supes' face after his death.

In the Snyder Cut, the Justice League resurrect Superman using the Mother Box – and a fan has spotted a surprising link between the two scenes, with Superman's resurrection apparently occurring – you guessed it – 2 hours, 38 minutes, and 57 seconds into the Snyder Cut (though the image below has the timestamp 2:38:56).

[...]

Another layer to the Easter egg has been pointed out online, too – in the Bible, the resurrection of Lazarus is described in John 11:38. Of course, that might be a bit tenuous, considering the only link seems to be the number 38, but it's still an interesting detail – and Snyder loves his biblical references.

In Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021), Superman is resurrected at 2 hours and 38 minutes. This is the same time he died in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). John 11(2):38 describes Lazarus’ resurrection.

https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...cut-ryan-choi/

That had to be some crazy editing to get that to work.
Nah, Snyder just used more slow-motion scenes to get the timestamps to match.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:26 AM   #161
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow an easter egg. So good. I made a post on internets! Yay! I am famous!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:38 AM   #162
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 06:48 AM   #163
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
He lost me when he said Godzilla vs Kong was good in a different thread
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:21 PM   #164
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
In comparison to characters from X-men? yeah kinda makes sense.
I dunno, I knew Cap before most of the x-men...

yoz
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:21 PM   #165
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post

yoz
Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:50 PM   #166
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyUb3r_n00b can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It's interesting that when Marvel finally did get to reboot Spiderman (with Sony), that they deliberately chose to go super-small scale, and focus on the friendly neighborhood spiderman, living largely under the shadow of Ironman and the Avengers. They didn't have to do it that way, Spiderman could have easily come in as a big-dog instead (kind of like they tried to do with Captain Marvel).
Marvel co-making Spiderman movies was a temporary agreement with Sony, so making him a "big-dog" in the MCU wouldn't make much sense when it was presumed that he would go back to Sony after the infinity war, and he'd have nothing to do with the MCU anymore. The deal has been extended for a few more movies, but Marvel still doesn't have permanent control so they can't really do any integral roles or lengthy arcs with him when they don't know when Sony is going to pull the pin.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 09:57 PM   #167
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Just for accuracy, I wouldn't categorize my review as "good". This is the review I wrote in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog
Godzilla vs Kong. 7.5/10, fun action movie.

Very different tone than the previous films in the series. WAAAY less grounded to reality, with alot more fun, light-hearted action. It's alot of jumping the shark, having the humans fly in anti-gravity ships, building Mecha-Godzilla, etc. And Godzilla and Kong are both personified perhaps a bit too much... in the other movies they were more like forces of nature, rather than pro-wrestlers. Not necessarily a bad thing to make it a bit more fun, but there's definitely trade-offs there.

I don't really get the complaints about the human plots, as I thought they were mostly fine, and pretty well integrated into the story. The one problem I see is that Millie Bobby Brown & crew are trying to find a way to sever Mecha-Godzilla's wifi connection, and fail... it leaves their storyline dangling a bit. I feel like there must have been a deleted scene in there somewhere.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:24 PM   #168
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Just for accuracy, I wouldn't categorize my review as "good". This is the review I wrote in the other thread:
That movie was Terrible! Not even close to a 7.5.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 06:52 AM   #169
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
That movie was Terrible! Not even close to a 7.5.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 03:44 AM   #170
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

I really don't understand the hate for Snyder's trilogy.

As soon as I heard Snyder was making Man of Steel I knew exactly what to expect.

OK, sure, my first Snyder experience was 300, and I considered it 'not awful'. Then came Watchmen, I watched both the theatrical and Snyder cut.

Watchmen was, overall, excellent. The only thing I didn't like was the super awkward segs scene. Ugh. But having seen it I knew what to expect from Man of Steel; a serious movie about Superman. And it was the best superman movie.

I expected more of the same for BvS. I said it from the beginning, Affleck was going to be a great Batman. What ruined BvS was mostly due to what got cut in the theatrical. The Snyder cut was more coherent. Batfleck was awesome.

I think overall the movies aren't fun. So what? For the most part, the movies are reasonably compelling, and to watch them through the lens of the MCU is a mistake IMO.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:32 AM   #171
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
I really don't understand the hate for Snyder's trilogy.
I think overall the movies aren't fun. So what? For the most part, the movies are reasonably compelling, and to watch them through the lens of the MCU is a mistake IMO.
This. If these movies existed in a pre-MCU world, they'd be fine... flawed, sometimes silly, but that's what super hero movies are supposed to be.

I know its hip to complain about Marvel ruining superhero movies, but the truth is that Marvel has elevated them WAAAAAAY above and beyond what superhero movies were originally supposed to be. It's hard to complain about that.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:32 PM   #172
KAC
Dirty humans

I actually liked all 3 movies. Snyder’s cut was too long but not terrible.
I have watched Man of Steel like 15 times.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:25 PM   #173
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I actually liked all 3 movies. Snyder’s cut was too long but not terrible.
I have watched Man of Steel like 15 times.
Man of Steel is the best of the 3. Still not Marvel quality, but it was a promising start to the series.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro