Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Oct 18, 2021, 05:27 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
He might find installing Win11 there challenging as well!
Nah. Parallels 17 + Win 11 ARM64 works great. As usual, it sucks for gamers, but I use this configuration for work and it's pretty snappy.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:08 PM   #212
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
it's MS it will fix AMD and break NV and Intel
*insert obligatory wack-a-mole gif here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Nah. Parallels 17 + Win 11 ARM64 works great. As usual, it sucks for gamers, but I use this configuration for work and it's pretty snappy.
Nice. Hadn't followed M1 support.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:45 AM   #213
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thinking about reverting my Intel back as well.
This is not ready for prime time.

Last edited by KAC : Oct 19, 2021 at 01:12 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2021, 02:18 AM   #214
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Just because some noobs have issues (besides L3 Ryzen issue) means it's not ready for primetime, huh..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 02:36 AM   #215
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I've had zero problems with it so far. Aside from finding where the MS team moved things that is.

It's not that bad of a build. Beats the heck out of Windows ME...

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 07:20 AM   #216
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I actually feel that games are a bit slower on my 10700/3070 combo. I am also getting occasional hitching in Kena and COD CW something that wasn’t happening with windows 10. So it’s not about the noobs, it is about the use cases. For me personally and the games I am playing things are slightly worse off than they were before.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 08:53 AM   #217
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 10:48 PM   #218
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Imo to release an oficial build with such a huge bug for Ryzen Cpu's is a disastrous launch.This on top of the banning the 2017 and befoire cpu's.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 09:35 PM   #219
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Nothing disastrous about it. Intel worked with MS to optimise the scheduler before launch.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #220
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I rolled back to Windows 10 last night. My new PC was really struggling after a few hours of 3d CAD work in Rhino, and when I went to see what was taking up all the resources Task Manager would literally crash when I tried to sort by CPU %... Rebooted the machine and rolled it back right then and there.

Had lots of issues with design changes they made to it, but could work around most of it. Just feels like it's very half-baked at this point, no idea why they put it out in this state.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #221
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
no idea why they put it out in this state.
Because they want you guys to test it for them free of charge.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #222
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah pretty much.

Oh and I tried it on Parallels Desktop on my 2020 Macbook Pro, Windows 10 runs fantastically on there, 11 is trash. So slow, barely useable. Rolled that back pretty quickly.
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #223
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They dont make as much money off windows anymore, MS like so many others are more about data mining now, so like windows mail there are bugs a plenty.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #224
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Yeah pretty much.

Oh and I tried it on Parallels Desktop on my 2020 Macbook Pro, Windows 10 runs fantastically on there, 11 is trash. So slow, barely useable. Rolled that back pretty quickly.
That's Intel Win11 right? Just making sure the difference in experience with Munkus.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #225
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm using Win 11 ARM64 under Parallels 17.1 and it's just as snappy as Win 10 was. No speed issues at all (other than the fact that it's in a VM). I'm assigning 4 CPU cores and 8Gb RAM to the VM if that makes a difference.
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #226
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I mean they don't make much $$ off it, and I don't remember the last time I paid for a Windows key. It's been free upgrades.

Win11 still working phenomenal for my rig with no issues.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #227
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I mean they don't make much $$ off it, and I don't remember the last time I paid for a Windows key. It's been free upgrades.

I'm sure its running fine for you and a lot of people. But others are also reporting issues.

Its the same old story, the people having issues slam it while the ones that don't praise it. Everyone has a bias.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #228
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
I'm sure its running fine for you and a lot of people. But others are also reporting issues.

Its the same old story, the people having issues slam it while the ones that don't praise it. Everyone has a bias.
If I was having major issues, I'd be pissed off and slam Microsoft as well. Luckily everything is fine. Honestly, though, if it wasn't a free upgrade I wouldn't bother. None of the changes that I see on a daily basis are worth upgrading for, IMO.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #229
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
That's Intel Win11 right? Just making sure the difference in experience with Munkus.
Yeah, my MBP is an i7 (forget the specific model but 8th gen), as is my new PC (11730).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

I wish that was the case here, I need PCs I do work on to work properly. If my desktop were gaming only I might consider keeping it through the teething problems, but I can't do that. Same with on Parallels Desktop on my MBP, I only use that for working in 3D CAD/CAM, so it needs to work well, which Windows 11 didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm using Win 11 ARM64 under Parallels 17.1 and it's just as snappy as Win 10 was. No speed issues at all (other than the fact that it's in a VM). I'm assigning 4 CPU cores and 8Gb RAM to the VM if that makes a difference.
ARM Windows is a different beast from x86. My 2020 MBP is a pretty high spec machine but performance on 11 was unacceptably slow, much slower than 10.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #230
Nunz
RIP Roxen

For a machine looking for reliability, I'd probably keep it on Win10 for a while longer anyway. I love Win11 thus far and think it's a performance increase as well as an upgrade in functionality, but for a CAD machine, I wouldn't bother updating as long as Win10 is working properly for the use purpose.