Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:10 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Tesla update:

The service center just sent me a message advising that the issue stemmed from a problem with the high voltage battery pack (i.e., the one that provides power to the motors) and it is not a result of a faulty drive unit, inverter, etc.

They had to order a new one which will arrive mid next week. They will also be replacing the pyro fuse that blew, the 12v battery that got completely drained, and the damaged trim piece. They assured me they will look over the rest of the vehicle and address any other issues as needed.

Right now the completion date is set for next Friday.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:14 AM   #62
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That’s pretty good way to make up for the initial poor experience.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:31 AM   #63
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That’s pretty good way to make up for the initial poor experience.
Not really, but not sure what I can do. I am glad it is just the battery pack, and it is nice that the other items are easily replaced, but man is that a horrible 1st day of ownership experience.

Most companies would do something to make things right beyond the bare minimum. I am not saying throw in free full self drive, but something should be done to make up for things.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:51 AM   #64
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Not really, but not sure what I can do. I am glad it is just the battery pack, and it is nice that the other items are easily replaced, but man is that a horrible 1st day of ownership experience.

Most companies would do something to make things right beyond the bare minimum. I am not saying throw in free full self drive, but something should be done to make up for things.
Are they going to fix the paint too or do you have to go through the insurance or tow truck company for that?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:07 PM   #65
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Are they going to fix the paint too or do you have to go through the insurance or tow truck company for that?
What paint? The damaged area was the blacked out trim piece above the front passenger side window/door. That is being replaced.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:08 PM   #66
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
What paint? The damaged area was the blacked out trim piece above the front passenger side window/door. That is being replaced.
Ah you mentioned it went down to the metal, I assumed it was more than a trim panel.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:09 PM   #67
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Ah you mentioned it went down to the metal, I assumed it was more than a trim panel.
Nope, thankfully. That piece is made of aluminum I believe.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:35 PM   #68
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yup, it sucks starting from such a lowpoint to begin with.
Hopefully it's smooth sailing from this point. I guess use this opportunity to have fun with the rental, push it through it paces and learn what you can.

I got my Tesla charger delivered today.......now only have to wait for the car to show up ....which is still showing for March hopefully the Tribeca can make it that long.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 08:11 AM   #69
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Clock, how are you liking the substitute M3?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 08:34 PM   #70
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Clock, how are you liking the substitute M3?
It's fine. It's a 2018 or 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor Long Range. It has 30,000 or so miles on it and is pretty beat up from being a loaner. I have only charged it once since I got it last week, and I only put about 111 miles of charge on it. For most people I think it would be a good choice. It is still faster than a lot of cars (4.2 sec 0-60) and is pretty comfortable.

Since it is a loaner it has the full FSD package. I did use the "navigate on autopilot" function a few times when I drove on the highway. It was pretty cool, but I personally wouldn't spend $10,000 for any of it. When I tested it in town it was very hesitant when it came to certain turns and such.

I will use it to test my wall charger that gets installed tomorrow.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 07:19 AM   #71
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Charger install yesterday went great!

Old Sep 30, 2021, 07:40 AM   #72
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

I got a guy coming today to give an estimate for the charger install. Going to be a long wait once the charger is in and two months for the Y to show up.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:42 PM   #73
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Last night:

Today:

Last edited by Clockwork : Oct 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:48 PM   #74
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You took it out of the garage?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 01:19 PM   #75
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Now for the bad part:

In my excitement of being able to pick up my car yesterday I decided to leave early to head to Milwaukee (about an hour and thirty minute drive) before I received notification that my vehicle was done. Halfway down I stopped to have lunch and I got an app notification that my car was complete along with a link to my invoice and a pay button.

I reviewed the invoice and it said I owed ~$240 for replacement of the trim. I thought to myself, this wasn't supposed to be the case, they never mentioned or quoted a replacement cost. My service advisor only said that they would take care of it. Given what happened thus far I begrudgingly just submitted payment and figured I would sort it out later. I just wanted my car.

When I get there I tell the service guy who I am and hand him over the key card for the loaner. He goes back to my car (still in the service bay) and drives it around for me to take it. He hands me my key cards and sends me on my way. Unfortunately, I was so happy to have the car back that I didn't do a walk around inspection. This is an issue because....

I drove home, grabbed something to drink, and then went over to my mom and stepdad's to show them the new ride. As I am showing them around it, I notice that the trim piece that was supposed to have been replaced (AND THEY CHARGED ME FOR) is still damaged in the exact same spot. I am livid at this point and drive home.

I go home and start telling my gf I can't believe what the heck is going on. Since there is no real way to communicate with Tesla outside of the app I go into it to make a service request. I notice a message saying my window is open. I am like "wtf?" so I go out to the garage. Sure enough, the window is rolled down a bit despite closing when I got home. I also notice that the window did not automatically roll down a smidge when opening the door (it normally does to clear the trim as it is a frameless door and then goes up to make a seal again when the door is shut). I test it a bunch of times, attempt their window calibration process, but nothing helps. If I press and hold the button to go up all the way it gets to the top and then makes itself roll down like 4 inches. If I walk it manually all the way up it eventually closes all the way, but still shows as open just a sliver on the display. It also still doesn't move up/down when opening or closing the door.

I am so sick of it.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 01:53 PM   #76
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

your experience really turns me off with Tesla.

Call the CC and have the charge reversed.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 02:53 PM   #77
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

I have heard that is almost a risky as reversing charges for PlayStation or XBOX Live stuff. I don't want to **** with the company I rely on to provide specific services related to my vehicle ownership. It would suck, for example, to be banned from using Superchargers or something. I don't know if that could happen, but I would hate to risk it too.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 03:10 PM   #78
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Theyll brick his car

Sucks man, I havent heard of that level of service around here with Tesla.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 03:16 PM   #79
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I have heard that is almost a risky as reversing charges for PlayStation or XBOX Live stuff. I don't want to **** with the company I rely on to provide specific services related to my vehicle ownership. It would suck, for example, to be banned from using Superchargers or something. I don't know if that could happen, but I would hate to risk it too.
I understand the concern but I also see that they charged you for work they did not do.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 03:51 PM   #80
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

wow, that's terrible. I once had very similar experiences with a certain dealer, drove me nuts to the point of never ever buying stuff from there again.

Hope you get it sorted out fast. As for the invoice, well, i'd try to get my money back too, as others said, but in the end it's up to you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 05:17 PM   #81
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

At this point I'd be rethinking getting this car. If that's still even a option. Stuff like this doesn't bode well for a car ownership experience. At least not to me. But, it may be to late to back out now plus you've already been out considerable expense. Hope it turns out in the long run.

Last edited by kytprice : Oct 2, 2021 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Damn spell check! Expense not experience!
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 08:22 PM   #82
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Shoulda kept the Supra.

Tesla is more of a cult following than actually quality vehicles. Reminds me of the Subaru gang who think the 20yr old EJ was still a good purchase in 2017 lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 09:37 PM   #83
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

All of this is why I will never buy a Tesla. Do you really even own that car??
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:29 PM   #84
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

ugh yeah Tesla is not on my list (it was never on my list but this makes sure it never goes on it)

I knew they had quality issues but after service issues sucks too.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:38 PM   #85
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wow that sucks ass. Hope everything else is fixed at least and you can at least drive it properly. Go back and ask for a fix I guess. Also why did you pay before receiving the car and trying it out? Guess it is too late now but I never pay in advance for anything (unless it is a pre order or online purchase on Amazon/Newegg).

Hope you are able to sort out your car man. It sucks when dealers pull this kind of crap.

Car looks dope af though.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:40 PM   #86
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

i'd be almost tempted to just tell them to take back your car and give you a brand new identical specced one that isn't being lego'd to oblivion upon first ownership.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2021, 10:44 PM   #87
KAC

He might have to wait till 2022 for that; that is if they honor it which given the dbs they are, I doubt it.

I would sell the car at a higher price given the shortages and buy a new one. But that’s me.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:22 AM   #88
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

I was able to get everything sorted out with the original service guy I worked with. He was out Thursday and Friday and something must have gotten lost in translation between him and the other folks.

The trim was ordered and delivered last week, but when it showed up it was for the wrong side of the car. They immediately ordered the correct piece but didn't let me know. They also confirmed I shouldn't have been charged for it. They issued a refund today.

Mobile service is coming Wednesday to perform the trim replacement and to fix my window.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:03 PM   #89
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

I sure hope it will be the end of your problems with this cars once they fix it on Wednesday.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:11 PM   #90
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I was able to get everything sorted out with the original service guy I worked with. He was out Thursday and Friday and something must have gotten lost in translation between him and the other folks.

The trim was ordered and delivered last week, but when it showed up it was for the wrong side of the car. They immediately ordered the correct piece but didn't let me know. They also confirmed I shouldn't have been charged for it. They issued a refund today.

Mobile service is coming Wednesday to perform the trim replacement and to fix my window.
Ok, better!