Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:40 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Cyberpunk 2077 patch v1.5 has updated the FidelityFX CAS based upscaler to FSR.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41...ist-of-changes

Quote:
Added AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) 1.0 algorithm, replacing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (CAS). On PC it can be enabled in Settings > Graphics > Resolution Scaling. The option is not configurable on consoles.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2022, 01:28 PM   #92
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Shadow Warrior 3 lookin pretty decent

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old May 10, 2022, 07:59 PM   #93
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

FSR 2.0 launch this week on the 12th with DeathLoop and 10 other games confirmed to be implementing it.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-fide...-games-planned

Quote:
AMD FSR 2.0 enablement will begin with a game from Akane Studios, Deathloop, which is to receive an update on May 12th. This would therefore be the official launch date of FSR 2.0 technology.

The company has already provided a lot of details on its FSR 2.0 technology in late March. This included a confirmation that FSR2 will require more powerful hardware, such as AMD Polaris or NVIDIA Pascal. This of course also means is that FSR 2.0 will work on NVIDIA GPUs.

Today AMD confirmed that the following games will receive FSR 2.0 update:
  1. DEATHLOOP
  2. Asterigos, Delysium
  3. EVE Online
  4. Farming Simulator 22
  5. Forspoken
  6. Grounded
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator
  8. NiShuiHan
  9. Perfect World Remake
  10. Swordsman Remake
  11. Unknown 9: Awakening

System:
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 10, 2022, 10:19 PM   #94
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2022, 12:36 PM   #95
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I might just crack and use this as an excuse to buy Deathloop so I can check it out. Although if the support in Grounded comes fast enough, I might be able to hold

It should also show up in GhostWire:Tokyo relatively quickly. As that game already has the variables for it in the config files. So I assume it's just an update away from having it as well.

System:
Old May 11, 2022, 06:12 PM   #96
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

This seems like a really well done in depth article on FSR 2.0. Super cool if you want to know more about how it works and lots of comparisons.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...ity-fx-fsr-20/

Video from the article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxW-1LRB80I

System:
Old May 11, 2022, 06:16 PM   #97
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Making them tensor cores in the 30 series look like a waste of space.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2022, 06:34 PM   #98
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Making them tensor cores in the 30 series look like a waste of space.
One look at RT performance would suggest otherwise.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2022, 06:40 PM   #99
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
but 2.0 looks better than 2.3
Old May 11, 2022, 06:48 PM   #100
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Tensor cores don't power the RayTracing, the RT cores do. There was talk of using the tensor cores to denoise the RT output, but I don't think that ever actually happened.

System:
Old May 11, 2022, 06:50 PM   #101
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
First review of AMD FSR 2.0 shows it's indeed the Nvidia DLSS killer, most of the time
https://www.neowin.net/news/first-re...t-of-the-time/
Old May 11, 2022, 07:14 PM   #102
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Tensor cores don't power the RayTracing, the RT cores do. There was talk of using the tensor cores to denoise the RT output, but I don't think that ever actually happened.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2022, 07:15 PM   #103
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I stand corrected, TY.
Old May 11, 2022, 08:06 PM   #104
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Tensor cores do do DLSS

but don't seem to be needed now after FSR 2.0
Old May 11, 2022, 08:14 PM   #105
acroig
Troll SMod

DLSS and FSR are awesome techs that not only boost FPS but gives you built in AA. I love them especially as they continue to improve.
Old May 11, 2022, 08:20 PM   #106
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Well it's going to be interesting. You can clearly see DLSS 2.3 doing a better job when it's working with less(Just look at the Performance modes @ 1080p). But that's also where DLSS 2.x has made it's biggest improvements over time. So it will be interesting to see if FSR 2.x also manages to improve over time there as well.

System:
Old May 11, 2022, 08:21 PM   #107
acroig
Troll SMod

I have no doubt it will.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:48 PM   #108
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yup, interesting to see how we're moving into a world where graphics are not necessarily connected to resolution. If nothing else, beyond ensuring that you always have an attractive image on your monitor even if it was rendered at a non-native resolution, that will be huge. But of course, creating images that look higher-res than the render is amazing.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2022, 12:21 AM   #109
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This will be essential for 8k and its coming faster than we think.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2022, 03:05 AM   #110
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
i would only try 8k if CFX comes back till maybe RDNA 5
Old May 12, 2022, 05:46 AM   #111
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2022, 08:33 AM   #112
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I hope amd pays ubi and gearbox to go back and implement 2.0 in the 1.0 titles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2022, 10:02 AM   #113
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2022, 10:10 AM   #114
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I hope amd pays ubi and gearbox to go back and implement 2.0 in the 1.0 titles.
Doubt that, time and $ they would not want to spend.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:14 AM   #115
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
y'know, I dumped my 4k monitor for a 1440p, and I've never been happier.
  • Windows always had janky scaling problems, where desktop icons were way too small unless I pumped up the scaling to 150%, but lots of games didn't display properly unless I switched back to 100%, so I'm constantly having to change and manage my scaling options. Everything just works right at 1440p.
  • 1440p monitor includes freesync, 144hz, HDR, ultra-wide aspect, etc.
  • Much easier to hit native res targets in games.
  • I can barely tell the difference in resolution anyway.
  • Frankly, I think I'd prefer 1080p at high refresh rates than 4k at 60hz. Sorry if that's offensive.

So basically, yeah I'm in no hurry to run out and buy an 8k display.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the extra resolution, someday when I can get it without all the other compromises.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 12, 2022, 10:50 AM   #116
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I did the same thing lol. Had a basic 4k mon at 60hz then a better mon at 1440p came around 165 hz freesync premium pro 10 bit color and higher contrast and brighter panel and its way better.

I wouldnt go to 8k at 60hz for sure. But 120hz with freesync and other good set of features Ill try it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : May 12, 2022 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:01 AM   #117
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I did the same thing lol. Had a basic 4k mon at 60hz then a better mon at 1440p came around 165 hz freesync premium pro 10 bit color and higher contract and brighter panel and its way better.

I wouldnt go to 8k at 60hz for sure. But 120hz with freesync and other good set of features Ill try it.
a 4K 55 inch w/120hz freesync oled is fine here
it's wall mounted about 4 feet away

i think a 65 inch in 8k would be good
Old May 12, 2022, 11:05 AM   #118
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I did the same thing lol. Had a basic 4k mon at 60hz then a better mon at 1440p came around 165 hz freesync premium pro 10 bit color and higher contract and brighter panel and its way better.

Well like I said, there's a bunch of stuff I'd need to switch to a 4k/8k monitor.
  • Better support in Windows for determining how to scale desktop stuff vs not scale game stuff, so I'm not constantly having to manually switch from 500% scale on the desktop to 100% scale for games... with that large of difference, it's going to be tricky even navigating the graphics scaling options to change them.
  • Yeah, 120hz or higher is a must. I'm loving my 144hz, but I'd love to see what a 250hz monitor looks like too.
  • A powerful enough GPU to drive an 8k image (even with next-gen scaling techniques) at a reasonable price. This is a big reason to stick with my current 1440p setup.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 12, 2022, 11:17 AM   #119
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Related topic, I really think we're moving into a new phase of graphics. Detaching render resolution from display resolution is going to make such a massive difference, even beyond giving you higher details. Just making sure that images look good on your screen. But of course getting higher details for less GPU power is a gigantic optimization.

I also keep expecting that we might start to see more VR-style frame interpolation making its way into PC & console games. Imagine that every 30fps game now runs at 60fps, every 60fps game now runs at 120fps, etc. Lower fps games will still have higher input latency, but otherwise they can present as if they were high fps.

I also expect we're going to see the upcoming AMD Privacy View quickly turn into foveated rendering. We'll see how well it works with a standard webcam. But even if you had to spend $300+ for a specialized eye-tracking camera, foveated rendering is going to be an absolutely MASSIVE improvement in graphics performance.

Stack all 3 of these on top of each other: Next-gen upscaling + foveated rendering + advanced frame doubling, and we're likely looking at a 10x improvement in graphics performance. I think we're going to be blown away by what's possible on current-gen graphics hardware. Much closer to photo-realism than we realize... heck we might even get close on portable devices like Steam Deck.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : May 12, 2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:53 AM   #120
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Well like I said, there's a bunch of stuff I'd need to switch to a 4k/8k monitor.
  • Better support in Windows for determining how to scale desktop stuff vs not scale game stuff, so I'm not constantly having to manually switch from 500% scale on the desktop to 100% scale for games... with that large of difference, it's going to be tricky even navigating the graphics scaling options to change them.
  • Yeah, 120hz or higher is a must. I'm loving my 144hz, but I'd love to see what a 250hz monitor looks like too.
  • A powerful enough GPU to drive an 8k image (even with next-gen scaling techniques) at a reasonable price. This is a big reason to stick with my current 1440p setup.
Im aiming for summer 2023. Next xmas will be the main 8k tv bustout so summer 23 should see some decent offerings. I had a 28" 4k mon and it was ok at 150% desktop scaling and this is a 32" 1440p and didnt feel the need to change anything in the gui.

Id have to say an 8k mon would have to be in the 43" range at least.

In terms of next gen Ive played around with the Unreal 5 demos and they blew me away. Highly recommended if you can to try it out.

www.realitysandwich.com