Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 7, 2020, 06:34 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I was hopeful of a chance of a 6900XT because it will cost £1,000. I think this tells me otherwise..https://videocardz.com/newz/the-bigg...rds-for-launch

They also state delivery dates unknown so I presume the 35 cards are going to be pre-order. The mind boggles really but not an awful lot one can do about it.
There's a .000000000001 percent of scoring one for you tomorrow. start working out that F5 finger for that half second.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2020, 06:51 PM   #242
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
The First Custom AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Pictured, Meet ASUS’s TUF Gaming RX 6900 XT Flagship Big Navi Graphics Card

https://wccftech.com/first-custom-am...graphics-card/

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Co...XT-O16G-GAMING

since the 6900 xt AIB's are coming now i wouldn't want a reference card now
and won't even try
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2020, 07:51 PM   #243
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

I miss when I didn't care about video cards. This whole thing is grueling.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 7, 2020, 08:10 PM   #244
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

12 hrs

On your mark...get set...

EYE4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:19 AM   #245
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Here's your situation report boyos.

Attempted to get through checkout on newegg this morning. Powercolor in cart, tried using paypal, out of stock before I could get through. That was it for me. Some people were able to get orders in on powercolors and asrock cards. Some of those orders were cancelled because they were oversold.

Amd's website, never saw anything in stock. Eventually they IP banned me.
Quote:
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.amd.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.2efb3f17.1607437056.fa8a9432
And that's the game! Yours truly, did not score. Looks like I'll be waiting for amazon ASIN to plug into the bot and then hope for the best.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:22 AM   #246
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I saw the powercolor; got it into cart but it removed it when i went to checkout. lul

Bestbuy has an XFX listed but hasnt shown in stock yet. Just another BS paper launch. I don't think AMD ever listed any 6900XTs. I only see 6800 and 6800XT when filtering.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:24 AM   #247
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There is a direct link to the 6900 product page, but it kept showing out of stock for me. Then IP ban because F5.

I know people blame this on bots, and I'm sure that may be part of this, but you have to consider there are hundreds if not THOUSANDS of actual people trying to get through this checkout process at the same time you and the bots are too. Is it any wonder, it seems practically impossible to get anything on launch with limited stock?

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:25 AM   #248
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Scan in the UK had 5 brands listed, only one got a price (Asus, £899.99, which was less than I expected) and only had a buy button for a moment and it didn't work, just fired a message saying "you can't add to cart".

So, yeah, looks like my Vega gets at least another few months, maybe longer...
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:26 AM   #249
Riptide

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:27 AM   #250
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
There is a direct link to the 6900 product page, but it kept showing out of stock for me. Then IP ban because F5.

I know people blame this on bots, and I'm sure that may be part of this, but you have to consider there are hundreds if not THOUSANDS of actual people trying to get through this checkout process at the same time you and the bots are too. Is it any wonder, it seems practically impossible to get anything on launch with limited stock?
I get a 503 error on that direct link.

Oh, your link works though. Nice. The one on AMDs front page is a 503.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:31 AM   #251
Nunz
RIP Roxen

got add to cart on amd page. site is crashing tho

yeah, just got 503. got it into my cart but couldn't get to checkout. site just kept hanging

lamesies.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:32 AM   #252
Riptide

Well hey on the bright side I guess they moved shipping date up on amazon for my gigabyte reference 6800xt to arriving dec 16-17.

After the free amazon gift card I got from work, that takes the price back down to 'only' $50 over msrp lol

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:34 AM   #253
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Hahaha AMD IP banned me for spamming the "Add to Cart" button. LOL

ggs. another impossible launch. no better than NV.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 08:44 AM   #254
Riptide

Heading to work in a few minutes now, officially giving up.

If I can get an ASIN I'm going to plug it into the bot and let it run on amazon. That said, unless I manage to get something else before my gigabyte reference card ships from amazon then I am going to shut down my bots once I get that card.

It's a hold-over card for me anyway, and once 6900 aib cards are out the longer term plan is get one of those. When I can get ASIN for those, then I will fire the bot back up and let it run again until I can finally get what I really want.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Dec 8, 2020, 09:15 AM   #255
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

wow our microcenter in MI got 10 6900xt
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:34 AM   #256
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Who got a 6900 XT?
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:59 AM   #257
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Who got a 6900 XT?
this

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/as...ry-overclocked

isn't out yet and i think January before we can actually get one
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:25 AM   #258
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Guys it's okay I had a secret early link to buy one off amd.com

Me and Frankie Azor scored one.

Okay, just jokes the launch is so bad I can't even find a $CAD price for any 6900xt
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:31 AM   #259
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post

Okay, just jokes the launch is so bad I can't even find a $CAD price for any 6900xt
Newegg 1500$ baby:

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?N=100007708%20601359511

3090 is over 2k there as well...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:38 AM   #260
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/as...ry-overclocked

isn't out yet and i think January before we can actually get one
Your paying $1200-$1300 for a 6900 XT Only one worth it was the $999 reference.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 02:29 PM   #261
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Your paying $1200-$1300 for a 6900 XT Only one worth it was the $999 reference.
it maybe 1199 but it won't cost me a 100 bucks a month in A/C power bills
Old Dec 8, 2020, 02:30 PM   #262
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post

, good one.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 03:19 PM   #263
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Billy Billy Billy! The power draw bill is going to be penuses.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Dec 8, 2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 03:24 PM   #264
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Billy Billy Billy! The power draw bill is going to be penies.
ftfy

This is rage after all.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 03:33 PM   #265
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
ftfy

This is rage after all.
I fixed it better
Old Dec 8, 2020, 03:45 PM   #266
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Wouldn't a factory overclocked 6900 have a RTX3xxx-esque power draw?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 04:10 PM   #267
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I fixed it better
:P

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 04:12 PM   #268
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Wouldn't a factory overclocked 6900 have a RTX3xxx-esque power draw?
Sure, an FE power draw.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 04:17 PM   #269
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvodka View Post
Scan in the UK had 5 brands listed, only one got a price (Asus, £899.99, which was less than I expected) and only had a buy button for a moment and it didn't work, just fired a message saying "you can't add to cart".

So, yeah, looks like my Vega gets at least another few months, maybe longer...
Hey Bobvodka I was on the Scan site at the same time. I knew Overclockers where not selling their allocation until later this week or next week and CCL Online laughed when I asked them about availability. So Scan seemed the only game in town TBH.

I refreshed the page as soon as the price came up on that Asus card and I didn't see any buy or add to basket button. Funnily enough the page kept saying 9 people buying, then 11, then 9 again then 10. I then noticed that the page said this card has no ETA and I knew they were not taking pre-orders so I don't think they actually sold any.

A few hours later I got an email from Scan offering me a pre-built system containing 59xx CPU and 6800 series cards. Obvious where those few cards went and I don't blame them because they must make more margin on full systems.

Looked on OCUK and placeholder prices showing £1,099.99 which is either a laugh or is there to put scalpers off. I waited a few months to buy my AIB 5700XT because AMD insisted on reference only to begin with so I'm now done with this. Must admit will still be keeping one eye on 3080 availability and if one happens to drop into my lap, happy days.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 04:22 PM   #270
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Look we all know Bill talks the talk but never walks the walk.

He'll buy an Asus Strix OC 3090 LC and justify it by saying it's better than a 6900XT which was nearly good in 4K but didn't quite hack it. He'll find a good excuse to justify the price no doubt.

Same old, same old move on.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote