Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Default I prefer my couch over my bed

I can't quite explain it, but lately I started sleeping on my living room couch more and more. Now, I own a really comfortable queen size bed, but there's just something comforting about passing out on the couch instead. And it isn't like I feel more refreshed in the mornings, no. When I wake up I usually tell myself that I'll be heading for the bedroom next night. But it doesn't always happen and I do not know why.

Anyone else like sleeping on their couch or am I a freak of nature?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Seek & Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Seek & Destroy is still being judged by the masses

Probably because your couch isn't yet covered with piss, feces and semen. Give it time...

Seek & Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:00 PM   #3
Brillonius
just swingin'

Brillonius is still being judged by the masses

I fall asleep on the sofa all the time. Same deal; it's not like it's more comfortable, but sometimes it's just easier to fall asleep than to get up and go to bed. I find falling asleep while watching tv is pretty relaxing, but I usually can't do that in the bedroom.
"You have to understand that I have been fixing his son-of-a-bitching computers for coming up on twelve years now. Even when I was working IT I never saw the **** he manages to cook up on these things. Don't let him near your router. Magnetic media is a no-go. If you're working on a laptop and you see him loping across the food court, close that ****er and run." - Tycho
Brillonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:03 PM   #4
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek & Destroy View Post
Probably because your couch isn't yet covered with piss, feces and semen. Give it time...
Maybe, but it sure does not have a warm body on it as my bed does! Although waking it up is not recommended as some rather unpleasant body blows might be received in such case!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:07 PM   #5
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think we've found the source of your 'problem'... getting married man itch already? or just in the doghouse a lot?

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:22 PM   #6
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
or just in the doghouse a lot?

Spoken as one who knows. It is truly amazing the stuff that you thought was just fine to say that can land your ass on the couch.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:28 PM   #7
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
Spoken as one who knows. It is truly amazing the stuff that you thought was just fine to say that can land your ass on the couch.
why do you think cavemen speak in grunts? non-committal and even toned means a lot of stuff just slides on by...
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:32 AM   #8
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I prefer the floor to my bed. My mattress is a piece of **** and I wake up with a tweaked back every day.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:34 AM   #9
SixtySeven
play loud!

SixtySeven is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I prefer the floor to my bed. My mattress is a piece of **** and I wake up with a tweaked back every day.

go back to the streets bum!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:36 AM   #10
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'd make a good bum. Curl up on my bed with sheets and pillow and I lay there forever. Use my arms as pillows on my floor and just lay on my stomach, I fall asleep in the middle of the day.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:11 AM   #11
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I read that sleeping on your stomach is bad for your spine and organs. I usually like to sleep on my stomach but tend to avoid it now after reading about possible back problems that may occur from sleeping this way.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:06 AM   #12
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I sometimes travel to sleep on my couch in the middle of the night. Basically sleep walking. But my reason is because I'm paranoid. Somehow I think that someone is breaking through my door and I need to keep watch.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 04:42 AM   #13
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I can sleep on the floor or couch either.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:13 AM   #14
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

i sleep on the couch all the time, i rarely sleep in my bed.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:51 AM   #15
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

I usually sleep on my back, sometimes my left side with my limbs draped over the edge of the bed. I slept on a couch for about 6 years. I got used to it too. I've got a really nice queen sized bed, but don't have the room for it right now and didn't get to use it for very long. I feel weird with all that space though anyway.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:47 AM   #16
mbeeston
Azure Tenebrae

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

home is where your assgroove is
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:52 AM   #17
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

you people are crazy, i can't sleep anywhere except my bed. I hate going to places and having to sleep there because i can never sleep, except if i get pissed and pass out.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:53 AM   #18
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

I ended up waking up at 3am and then wandered over to my bed.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:57 AM   #19
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I feel the same way sort of, but I got older and no longer had a room at my parent's house after they moved into a smaller place so I ended up on the couch for a while after college.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:01 AM   #20
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Thanks, I missed you!
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:06 AM   #21
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
Thanks, I missed you!
I'm sure you did not miss all that toothpaste I smeared all over your face!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:08 AM   #22
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
you people are crazy, i can't sleep anywhere except my bed. I hate going to places and having to sleep there because i can never sleep, except if i get pissed and pass out.
Same here.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:20 AM   #23
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I'm sure you did not miss all that toothpaste I smeared all over your face!
That didn't smell like toothpaste.
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:29 AM   #24
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
That didn't smell like toothpaste.
Clue....it wasn't.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:35 AM   #25
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

This is going to be a GREAT asset for when you have arguments
with the future wife

Wife: I hate you, go sleep on the couch!

You: Oh hell YEAH!!!!!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:42 PM   #26
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
This is going to be a GREAT asset for when you have arguments
with the future wife

Wife: I hate you, go sleep on the couch!

You: Oh hell YEAH!!!!!
I love sleeping on my couch, dunno why... Even if I get bitched at, cause I didn't go to bed with her.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:11 PM   #27
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillonius View Post
I fall asleep on the sofa all the time. Same deal; it's not like it's more comfortable, but sometimes it's just easier to fall asleep than to get up and go to bed. I find falling asleep while watching tv is pretty relaxing, but I usually can't do that in the bedroom.
I see. So you don't brush your teeth before you go to sleep ?

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 01:18 PM   #28
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Soong is still being judged by the masses

I’ve been sleeping on a couch every night for over 2 years. I would murder a small child in public to have the luxury of a bed once again.
Soong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 02:47 PM   #29
mbeeston
Azure Tenebrae

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soong View Post
I’ve been sleeping on a couch every night for over 2 years. I would murder a small child in public to have the luxury of a bed once again.
just lemme get a camcorder
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2008, 03:03 PM   #30
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

I prefer my couch in my living room

Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote