Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 18, 2007, 05:38 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Default Why isn't anyone talking about...

...NBA playoffs?

As little of a basketball fan I am, I have to admit that Phoenix - San Antonio series has been electric. I haven't really paid attention to the rest of the playoffs, but I'm sure there are some interesting games there too.

What's up folks?
Old May 18, 2007, 05:58 PM   #2
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Hope Nets stay alive.

That's all.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 06:00 PM   #3
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Bringing up Amerikin sports here only invokes laughter and jesting, followed by humiliation.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 18, 2007, 06:03 PM   #4
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Bringing up Amerikin sports here only invokes laughter and jesting, followed by humiliation.
Basketball is pretty international, tbh. Football, however...
Old May 18, 2007, 06:08 PM   #5
Nasheroni
The Real Thing

Nasheroni is still being judged by the masses

Spurs vs. Suns is such a great series, so f'ing exciting, I hope its Spurs vs. Detroit in the final, would be a great matchup.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Osirus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Osirus once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

And was actually invented by a canadian.

but im not a fan.

Ive been to one raptors game and it was alright being there watching,
but i just cant watch it on tv..
Osirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 06:15 PM   #7
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

I'm not a fan of any sport in particular except NHL of course. But I'm a sports fan in general, so I can't miss anything exciting out there. I could watch and enjoy any north-american sport, except baseball maybe.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:23 PM   #8
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osirus View Post
And was actually invented by a canadian.

but im not a fan.

Ive been to one raptors game and it was alright being there watching,
but i just cant watch it on tv..
A Canadian, who moved to the U.S., became a citizen and then invented basketball. So technically, it was invented by an American.

EDIT: GO SPURS!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 06:27 PM   #9
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
Basketball is pretty international, tbh. Football, however...
NBA is the discussion
Old May 18, 2007, 06:31 PM   #10
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

I also favor Spurs. After Phoenix of course.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:33 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Oh, and yeah that Suns/Spurs series has been incredible. Think the Spurs will wipe Suns out tonight?

That last game looked like the Suns had it, then the Spurs managed to wear the Suns down and take the victory. The Spurs are the only team in the league that has had any success in actually slowing the Suns down.

All teams have at least one team they don't do well against, for the Suns it's Spurs = great playoff matchup!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old May 18, 2007, 06:33 PM   #12
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I also favor Spurs. After Phoenix of course.
**** the spurs. They're the dirtiest team in the NBA next to Detroit; but at least Detroit isn't a bunch of drama queens. Ginobili should get an Oscar for his acting, and the refs never blow the whistle on Duncan - he has the free pass play after play, but nobody can breath on him without a foul called.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:35 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
**** the spurs. They're the dirtiest team in the NBA next to Detroit; but at least Detroit isn't a bunch of drama queens. Ginobili should get an Oscar for his acting, and the refs never blow the whistle on Duncan - he has the free pass play after play, but nobody can breath on him without a foul called.
You kidding me? The Jazz have everybody beat in the dirty department. Flopster-iffic. You breathe on a Jazz player and they go flying into the first row.

~George Carlin

Old May 18, 2007, 06:35 PM   #14
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
That last game looked like the Suns had it, then the Spurs managed to wear the Suns down and take the victory.
Only because Stoudemire and Diaw were suspended for that game; because they stepped off the bench in the game before.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:36 PM   #15
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
You kidding me? The Jazz have everybody beat in the dirty department. Flopster-iffic. You breathe on a Jazz player and they go flying into the first row.
Yeah, as a team they beat the Spurs in that department. ...but you have to admit; Duncan has a free pass - and Ginobili is the finest actor in the NBA.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:38 PM   #16
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NBA is the discussion
You mention American sports, not basketball exclusively...
Old May 18, 2007, 06:39 PM   #17
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
You mention American sports, not basketball exclusively...
Yes, and the NBA is mainly an American sport.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:45 PM   #18
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yes, and the NBA is mainly an American sport.
Not as much as Football...
Old May 18, 2007, 06:45 PM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Only because Stoudemire and Diaw were suspended for that game; because they stepped off the bench in the game before.
Exactly. The officials should have let that go. They took out 2 key players from a key playoff game. Jesus christ just fine them or something so we can have an even series. Horry on the other hand deserved to be suspended, checking nash like that.

I hope the Spurs lose tonight and game 7, I hate tim duncan.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 06:46 PM   #20
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Alrighty then. Nothing to see here, move along...
Old May 18, 2007, 06:48 PM   #21
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayX View Post
I hope the Spurs lose tonight and game 7
David Stern won't allow it. Guaranteed. Spurs will win the title.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:51 PM   #22
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
David Stern won't allow it. Guaranteed. Spurs will win the title.
Im not a suns fan, but Nash deserves it. 2 MVP's and no title to go with them.

Old May 18, 2007, 06:58 PM   #23
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
No sh*t. So far the spurs have split Nash's nose open, kneed him in the nads and hockey checked him into a table.

Spurs stole the last game with that body check.

I would not bother to p*ss on Horry if he was on fire.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 07:12 PM   #24
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
No sh*t. So far the spurs have split Nash's nose open, kneed him in the nads and hockey checked him into a table.

Spurs stole the last game with that body check.

I would not bother to p*ss on Horry if he was on fire.
I wouldn't give Horry that much credit. The credit belongs to Popovich; he coaches them to do those things. Horry is a clutch player, and wasn't dirty until he played for Popovich. The same goes for Bowen.
Old May 18, 2007, 07:15 PM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
I wouldn't give Horry that much credit. The credit belongs to Popovich; he coaches them to do those things. Horry is a clutch player, and wasn't dirty until he played for Popovich. The same goes for Bowen.
You cant take away Horrys ability to be a clutch player thats for sure. But you cant blame what he did on the coach. Thats like the coach saying "Alright horry, go out there and body slam nash". Ultimately its his decision to actually listen to the coach to do something dirty or not in a game.

Maybe popovich swayed him just a bit.

Old May 18, 2007, 07:29 PM   #26
Bamboozled
Radeon Sea Islands

Bamboozled is still being judged by the masses

I thought this thread would be about pop. pop music

Star Blazers theme
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 07:34 PM   #27
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Detroit Basketball!!

Detroit - Spurs in the finals
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 07:37 PM   #28
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Detroit isnt that dirty, just a bunch of cry babies when things go against them..
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 07:43 PM   #29
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
Detroit isnt that dirty, just a bunch of cry babies when things go against them..

I can't argue with that.
Old May 19, 2007, 02:43 AM   #30
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

confusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyconfusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Ever heard of the CFL?