Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:59 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
flynnstone

flynnstone is still being judged by the masses

Software GemStar+ Automatic Update feature

Got tired of forgetting to update the TV Listings, and then having programs recorded with just the station name. (i.e. KPBX.mpg, KPBX 001.mpg, KPBX 002.mpg, etc).

There's no way (that I found) to create a batch/script file to run an update in the background, but I did find a way to script the keyboard strokes necessary to run an update in the foreground. Obviously this means your PC has to be logged in, but it has to be logged in to record anyway, so...

I was gonna develop a whole guide for it, and sell it, but have never gotten around to it, so I'm giving it away for now. I got far enough for it to have a graphical configuration screen to meet the needs of your PC and install.

It's been running on my PC since December '05, using Windows Task Scheduler to automatically perform a TV Listings update at 3:00 a.m. everyday. Now my listings are always the most current available!

PM me here or visit 1flynn.net, and fill out the Contact Us page. Mention the Rage3d forum post in the subject or body, and, in exchange for providing me your opinion re the software, I'll send it to you at no cost.
flynnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:24 PM   #2
gtrz
Rage3D Veteran

gtrz is still being judged by the masses

It would be easy to set it up to just once a week too yes? I'd like to try it I suppose but I'm in the middle of moving and don't have time to try right now.
gtrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:14 PM   #3
flynnstone

Sure, whenever you setup Windows Task Scheduler, or whatever cron-type application you use, to run it. e-mail me at [email protected] and I can send it to you.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:40 AM   #4
tomus
x800xt agp All In Wonder

tomus is still being judged by the masses

Very Sweet!

To all you old GuidePlus fans out there, (you don't have to be afraid to admit it), this is a must have prog.

Thanks for a great program!
tomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 03:21 PM   #5
flynnstone

bumping once in case anyone else is interested