Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Closed Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Talking Now THIS is a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about

Quote:
And why would you think so?
The X800 PRO is faster than the GT in many D3D 8/9 benchmarks (e.g. Halo, UT2004, Far Cry, Tomb Rider, C&C:G...).
Also, since everybody is talking about overclocking, the X800 PRO can do 540/580 most of the times at stock cooling and I'm not talking about the VIVO model.
Quote:
*SNEEZES VERY LOUDLY* Sorry, I'm alergic to ********. Ok newbie, what the f*ck you have no idea what you're talking about. The X800XT PE is 520/560, you think the pro can do 540/580. The 6800GT has 16 pipelines, the X800 pro has 12. The 6800GT has faster memory than the X800 pro, much faster. The 6800GT easily overclocks to 6800 Ultra speeds and beyond, is a one slot card and has the same power requirements. Nobody will agree with you, the 6800GT pwns the X800 pro, just liked I pwned you.
Nice huh?
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...0&page=5&pp=15
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:32 PM   #2
lukebuz
I'm Mad!!!!!

lukebuz is still being judged by the masses

boring. repetitive. why even post it?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:32 PM   #3
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

wow. even im not that bad
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:33 PM   #4
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

That guy posting about the x800 got pwned
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:34 PM   #5
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebuz
boring. repetitive. why even post it?
I dunno, I was killing time
Mods, close this
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:36 PM   #6
edplayer
no

edplayer is still being judged by the masses

it made me cry on the inside

I'm still OK though
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:36 PM   #7
kilmar
Radeon R420

kilmar is still being judged by the masses

Question: What do you get when you put an ATI fanboy and a NVidia fanboy in the same room?

Answer: Negative IQ
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:37 PM   #8
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar
Question: What do you get when you put an ATI fanboy and a NVidia fanboy in the same room?

Answer: Negative IQ

wrong.

two banned members and one locked thread.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:39 PM   #9
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
wrong.

two banned members and one locked thread.
Quoted for thruth
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:42 PM   #10
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I love to see people say GT is better than PRO. I think it shows thier ignorance of thier purchase. The cards perform the same there is 0 doubt in that. I cant wait to get my amd64 processor in thursday so I can get 13kish 3dmark03 then everytime someone says the GT is better than the pro I can simply respond...

"scurries to check sig"
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:43 PM   #11
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

I'm BLIND!
It's almost as fast as my 64-bits 5200!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:46 PM   #12
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

why am I confused? What did you mean?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:50 PM   #13
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

I was kidding saying that your o/c X800 was almost as fast as my 64-bits FX5200 ...
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:50 PM   #14
kilmar
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed
Now, I'M confused...
2x400GB Seagate SATA NCQ Raid-0
Audigy 2 ZX w/ Logitech z680
ATI HDTV Wonder
Dell 2405FPW
Windows Media Center Edition 2005
MX518 Mouse
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:52 PM   #15
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

oh duh lol. when you said 64 bits I thought you meant amd64 never caught onto the 64bit 5200 duh. I feel so stupid now
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:53 PM   #16
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
I was kidding saying that your o/c X800 was almost as fast as my 64-bits FX5200 ...

its 64 bits? wow
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:56 PM   #17
EagleClaw
It's All About The Ping

EagleClaw is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

how the freak is everyone gettign such an overclock with there BBA x800 pros?

I can't go much past 515/515 without lockups or reboots and I don't think it is a heat issue....hmm

I'm still happy with my purchase but......
3X2GB G-Skill DDR3
Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
24" Acer HDMI LCD
Corsair TX850
Lian-Li PC-V1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
tessellematorixes

And yes, it's a real word. You just saw me use it in a sentence, didn'tcha?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:58 PM   #18
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

probably needs more voltage.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:59 PM   #19
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleClaw
how the freak is everyone gettign such an overclock with there BBA x800 pros?

I can't go much past 515/515 without lockups or reboots and I don't think it is a heat issue....hmm

I'm still happy with my purchase but......
The last X800 PRO I've installed is running fine at 550/585.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:01 PM   #20
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

pencil vmod is a great thing but I HIGHLY do not suggest messing w/ voltage on the stock air cooler.

But even @ stock voltage I was able to get 550/580 clocks on stock cooler and 11132 3dmarks03
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:05 PM   #21
kilmar
Radeon R420

Quote:
pencil vmod is a great thing but I HIGHLY do not suggest messing w/ voltage on the stock air cooler.

But even @ stock voltage I was able to get 550/580 clocks on stock cooler and 11132 3dmarks03
Should change your name to CurrentlyHappy.
2x400GB Seagate SATA NCQ Raid-0
Audigy 2 ZX w/ Logitech z680
ATI HDTV Wonder
Dell 2405FPW
Windows Media Center Edition 2005
MX518 Mouse
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:05 PM   #22
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

the CurrentlyPissed dates back to starcraft I cant change it
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:19 PM   #23
lordtyranus2
Radeon R100

lordtyranus2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I love to see people say GT is better than PRO. I think it shows thier ignorance of thier purchase. The cards perform the same there is 0 doubt in that. I cant wait to get my amd64 processor in thursday so I can get 13kish 3dmark03 then everytime someone says the GT is better than the pro I can simply respond...

"scurries to check sig"
The GT is faster, if only by a small amount. The x800 Pro is likely the better choice for modders, between easier/more voltmods, and a very cheap VGA silencer available (as opposed to $40 NV5 silencer)
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:39 PM   #24
lindy01
Radeon R100

lindy01 is still being judged by the masses

What does "pwns" mean?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:56 PM   #25
cypher_138
Radeon R300

cypher_138 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Quoted for thruth
Seconded.
That guy was an a$$hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy01
What does "pwns" mean?
It's idiot speak for the most part.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:08 PM   #26
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyranus2
The GT is faster, if only by a small amount. The x800 Pro is likely the better choice for modders, between easier/more voltmods, and a very cheap VGA silencer available (as opposed to $40 NV5 silencer)
ya. But the majority of people that buy a X800 are people that are not computer illiterate. NOT SAYING PEOPLE WHO BUY GT ARE! Im just saying seeing as how half the GT/GT OC can get Ultra levels while the other can barely get out of thier stock set the PRO is an incredible card for us with balls
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Sep 1, 2004, 01:07 AM   #27
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

As I see it... Top end who has seen a 6800 UE? The supposed XT PE destroyer??

Anyways Nv has Ogl and Ati has D3D. Which is more important? Thats your call. Currently though I prefer not to be able to boil water and cook Kraft Dinner on my gpu whilst I play games! So I will stick with Ati even if I get a few frames a second lower. I am the best Fanboy I pick the right card for my puposes based on many things. But I don't like loud coolers and even though they are loud they still go over 100c under load and require a good 450 watt psu!

Heatware
Old Sep 1, 2004, 02:01 AM   #28
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I dunno, I was killing time
Mods, close this

OK!
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Closed Thread