Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default Android apps

So I want to get an Android phone to mess around with. What's most important to me is that it has a decent selection of apps.

On my iPhone 4 have a bunch of useful apps:

-collection inventory app for books/movies/games which creates entries from barcode scan
-bike computer
-bike repair manual
-fitness app with exercises and videos
-calorie/nutrition tracker
-Nike+ run tracker
-various food network chef recipe apps
-local eatery finder
-all the news sources I could want
-bunch of photography apps to control the phone
-scheduler app like ToDo
-SAS survival guide (lol)
-music identification app like Shazam
-a bazillion games

Would it be possible to find the same kind of stuff on the Android app store? I can browse the selection but since I can't test anything out, I can't qualify them. What do you guys use on your android phones?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

http://www.sportstracklive.com/help/android

Not sure if it's Nike+ compatible, doesn't seem like it is, but it's a great bike and run tracker, among other things.

Shazam is on Android.

Inventory: http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...roid-xCDB.aspx

Calorie Counter: http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...roid-jqpD.aspx

Fitness app with exercises and videos: http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...c-app-iBm.aspx

Don't think theres a bicycle repair app.

Most of the major eatery finders on iPhone should be on Android.

News source apps are all over Android Marketplace...

ToDo is on Android.

Pretty much everything you're looking for seems to be on Android, whether you like what's offered is another story
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Niiice, will have to check it out.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My life is dope and I do dope sht.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

No plans of ditching my iPhone yet brother. Just wanna see what the competitions like. I'll be getting a WP7 phone too to check out the XBL ecosystem integration.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:41 PM   #6
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Seriously? Does it bother you THAT much? lol
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:58 AM   #7
Zero
Sass hole

I'm pretty sure he's kidding. Or maybe he feels like he's lost an Apple supporter, which would be wrong because I never supported Apple in the first place - only rationality and moderation in criticizing them.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:49 PM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
Seriously? Does it bother you THAT much? lol
Sometimes I believe you people (YOU PEOPLE!) have no humor bone or sarcasm meter.

Old Sep 14, 2010, 01:55 PM   #9
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Sometimes I believe you people (YOU PEOPLE!) have no humor bone or sarcasm meter.
Eh, I wasn't that serious about it. But, you have to base people by their previous posting. So, I questioned the fact that you might actually be serious.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 02:56 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
Eh, I wasn't that serious about it. But, you have to base people by their previous posting. So, I questioned the fact that you might actually be serious.
Don't think that my previous postings are that serious as well. But it sure is fun.