Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Matrix0507 is still being judged by the masses

Default Reddit is asking to interview anyone who has been through an Extreme Home Makeover

Where is Treekcold?

Interested?

Better get in there quick. It seems someone was found but they can't do it until later.
Originally Posted by gaurav_fhs
1 simple thread by Matrix started this nonsense?

Last edited by Matrix0507 : Nov 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
Matrix0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:30 AM   #2
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

We had a member here who had it done? seriously? id like to hear his thoughts on it.

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:33 AM   #3
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm sure this guy does a lot of good, but he needs to be severely beaten to the point where he is unable to speak. Ever again.

Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post
We had a member here who had it done? seriously? id like to hear his thoughts on it.
Yea, Treekcold. I still have the vids downloaded from when it aired.
He kept us posted as the process went on.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...treme+makeover

Last edited by Matrix0507 : Nov 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSupra_Freak has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Oh **** yeah i remember now. I never did watch the episode though, maybe il go watch it now.

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
I'm sure this guy does a lot of good, but he needs to be severely beaten to the point where he is unable to speak. Ever again.
He shouldn't drive drunk either...
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix0507 View Post
Yea, Treekcold. I still have the vids downloaded from when it aired.
He kept us posted as the process went on.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...treme+makeover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post
Oh **** yeah i remember now. I never did watch the episode though, maybe il go watch it now.
Yeah, it's been long time...i used to think the extreme makeover is cool until I realized that they're never been great because of some families couldn't afford to pay in the full for their new houses like me and my family and there is a lot of old articles about the families had a foreclosure along with their extreme makeover houses. Pretty sad, if you ask me. I also hate the New Jersey's high taxes. It's really stupid.

P.S. Hmmm, maybe I should find a DVD somewhere in my home and then upload it to the torrent, but never mind...you uploaded them, however, it is better to upload them?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:26 PM   #8
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Are you going to do the AMA on Reddit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yeah, it's been long time...i used to think the extreme makeover is cool until I realized that they're never been great because of some families couldn't afford to pay in the full for their new houses like me and my family and there is a lot of old articles about the families had a foreclosure along with their extreme makeover houses. Pretty sad, if you ask me. I also hate the New Jersey's high taxes. It's really stupid.

P.S. Hmmm, maybe I should find a DVD somewhere in my home and then upload it to the torrent, but never mind...you uploaded them, however, it is better to upload them?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:30 PM   #9
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Are you going to do the AMA on Reddit?
What's the AMA? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Reddit website, but I've heard of it long ago.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Matrix0507
Scootable Catalyst

Quote:
What's the AMA? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Reddit website, but I've heard of it long ago.
AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. It's where people who have unique stories/professions are asked questions by a large community.

go here to create your thread.

Fill in the Title: "IAMA: Someone who had their house re-done by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

Fill in the Text: with a brief backstory to the situation. Inform them that you will answer their question.

When people ask you a question. Respond to their question.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:07 PM   #11
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:
AMA stands for Ask Me Anything. It's where people who have unique stories/professions are asked questions by a large community.

go here to create your thread.

Fill in the Title: "IAMA: Someone who had their house re-done by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

Fill in the Text: with a brief backstory to the situation. Inform them that you will answer their question.

When people ask you a question. Respond to their question.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Thanks!

I will do it when I have time....I'm not ready to write as my thoughts about the extreme makeover until I get back to NJ tomorrow then I'll think about it before I'm going to write and post it in the Reddit.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

What could you not afford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:27 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
The property taxes I believe was the narrative when treeckolds got his house redone.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:28 PM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
The taxes. Taxes goes up with the value of the house.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:31 PM   #15
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yup...exactly.

EDIT: Also- http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1280&bih=885

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:39 PM   #16
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Damn thats ****ed up. Its like winning a Porsche and cant afford the maintenance, insurance, and gas.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:42 PM   #17
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That does not sound like the fault of the Extreme Makeover people.

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

There was an episode where the family almost left a girl in a wheel chair at the front door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:54 PM   #18
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Damn thats ****ed up. Its like winning a Porsche and cant afford the maintenance, insurance, and gas.
Yeah, it's ****ed up that needy families get a badass house built for them for free.

If anything, the show shouldn't build such extravagant houses to begin with or work with the family to see what they can afford.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:27 PM   #19
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:

That does not sound like the fault of the Extreme Makeover people.
Umm...maybe they were not the fault, but they could be....if they are already aware of it and don't mention it to the families...it could be worse. It's like...it's got a trap if you know what i mean.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Nov 1, 2011, 08:31 PM   #20
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Yeah. That is really bad. And by the way, I love the Porsches, but I don't buy them because of high maintenance...and gas, I don't mind to pay more for the gas...I would love to have a Ford GT, Corvette Z06, or a Viper ACR.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:38 AM   #21
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
That is crap.

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 01:53 AM   #22
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I did not know that law existed, that's ****ed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:04 AM   #23
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
thats ****ed up

If the value here goes up then you pay less not more if you have a mortgage on the house

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Nov 2, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 02:13 AM   #24
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I did not know that law existed, that's ****ed up.
*almost* defeats the purpose of the show.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote