Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 25, 2021, 05:40 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Saw the update videos and the Island alone is not worth 60 for me about now. Will definitely purchase once it is cheaper.
you can also befriend more animals and pet 'em easily worth 60 bucks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2021, 06:20 AM   #332
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
you can also befriend more animals and pet 'em easily worth 60 bucks
I have enough of those on Rage3D.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2021, 01:04 PM   #333
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Did anyone try this yet? Any feedback? I am waiting for my PS5 to arrive before I jump in. Just wondering how it is.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 26, 2021, 04:40 PM   #334
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Try what?

It's basically slightly more accurate shadow projection, much sharper, and dualsense support which also works well.

I mean the game it self is great, if you are itching to play it again the PS5 version is the way to go, but it's not like a OMG need now type of upgrade.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 06:58 PM   #335
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I stopped playing games on the hard mode years ago but
I wish I would have with this game.
On medium it's pretty damn easy.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 08:28 PM   #336
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I did get to Iki Island. I headed over there the first chance I could. Probably not recommended to do it that way as it’s mostly end game level content. I headed over with limited armor and upgrades, none of the cheating resolve powers, and none of the blow guns. It’s fun and feels a little more Dark Souls as enemies can take down more than half your health when they hit and you have to nub at them a while to take them down. Did the Mystic Tale that gives the new armor set and the duel at the end was pretty epic. Died about twenty times before learning the right moves to end that bastard. Your hits barely touch him and some of his 3 hit combos are insta kill no matter how much health you have. Fun!!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 01:07 PM   #337
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

After finally finishing Nioh + all the DLCs, Ghost of Tsushima is #1 on my list of games I want to play next. But I keep seeing rumors of it coming to PC sometime next year which is making me hesitant.

Also I don't have PS5, just PS4 Pro so I'm wondering about the improved performance benefits I could take advantage of. All I really care about is better framerate (60 fps at least). I see articles online mentioning the PS4 Pro has the option to choose prioritizing an improved resolution or an improved framerate. But does that mean 60 fps?

I think knowing this would greatly help me decide. If it just "smooths" the framerate but essentially still stays around 30 fps I'll probably just wait.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 02:38 PM   #338
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It’s 30 fps. It’s a crazy beautiful 30 fps, but still only 30. I didn’t see a major difference between the 4 and 5, but with your sensitivity to frame rate it might affect you. It would be great if a friend had it on the 4 pro so you could sample it first hand….
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:16 PM   #339
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I unfortunately have grown very sensitive to low framerate in any game. Might still give it a shot though, but I want to try to get the game cheap in case its unbearable. Cheapest I'm finding it at retail right now is $40, but I think I might be able to get it used for $20-25 if I watch Ebay for a few weeks.

We'll see. Maybe it will work out for the best and I'll end up just waiting for a PC release.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:21 PM   #340
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The only input I can really offer is that 30 fps in this looks absolutely nothing like 30 fps Bloodborne. The entire experience was super smooth for me…but then :again, I don’t have that sensitivity so…grain of salt
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:31 PM   #341
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
The only input I can really offer is that 30 fps in this looks absolutely nothing like 30 fps Bloodborne. The entire experience was super smooth for me…but then :again, I don’t have that sensitivity so…grain of salt
Well, the thing about Bloodborne's framerate/frametime issues being unusually bad is what's making me still want to give Ghost a shot.

But after all that complaining I did of BB giving me bad nausea and/or simulation sickness I tested with some other 30 fps games I have on PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight and MGS Ground Zeroes. They both gave me the motion sickness feeling too.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:44 PM   #342
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

The 30 FPS on the PS4 pro was consistent and much better than BB. But, it does shine on PS5. Locked 60 FPS is noticeably smoother. Especially during heavy action. That said, there was never the frame drops you had in Bloodborne on the PS4 pro. I had no complaints when I played it on my PS4 pro. It’s as smooth as any game on the PS4 Pro and looks amazing. Graphically there is nothing really that much different on PS5 version. The 4K is supposed to be less checkerboard but my old eyes didn’t see any difference.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:51 PM   #343
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I agree with SD, but bears repeating, the chance of that nausea may not be worth it.

If you’re really itching for something new, Horizon Zero Dawn + DLC is just amazing. It’s one of my all time favorites, and it’s available on PC
Old Nov 1, 2021, 03:56 PM   #344
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
The 30 FPS on the PS4 pro was consistent and much better than BB. But, it does shine on PS5. Locked 60 FPS is noticeably smoother. Especially during heavy action. That said, there was never the frame drops you had in Bloodborne on the PS4 pro. I had no complaints when I played it on my PS4 pro. It’s as smooth as any game on the PS4 Pro and looks amazing. Graphically there is nothing really that much different on PS5 version. The 4K is supposed to be less checkerboard but my old eyes didn’t see any difference.
Thanks for that feedback. I'm not concerned about any graphical differences I'd be missing out on, or 4K support. Smooth framerate is all that I'm ever worried about.

Guess I'll just find something else to play for now and keep an eye out for a deal. Or just end up waiting for a PC release. Rumor mill believes it may be released on Steam by the second half of 2022. They base this on amount of time it took for other PlayStation exclusives to come to PC like Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, etc.

Quote:
I agree with SD, but bears repeating, the chance of that nausea may not be worth it.

If you’re really itching for something new, Horizon Zero Dawn + DLC is just amazing. It’s one of my all time favorites, and it’s available on PC
Yeah, Horizon Zero Dawn was next on my list.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 04:01 PM   #345
Lazy8s
One day at a time

HZD is one of the few games out there that I have very little to nitpick about. That says a lot coming from me

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if/when you eventually play it.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 04:18 PM   #346
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
HZD is one of the few games out there that I have very little to nitpick about. That says a lot coming from me

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if/when you eventually play it.
Oh I will definitely be playing it. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe now is finally the time.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 05:07 PM   #347
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

both are outstanding games, you'd really miss out if you skip one. Ghost of Tsushima is perfectly playable on a PS4 Pro, no hickups, very smooth. Of course that's just my very own experience.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 06:47 PM   #348
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
both are outstanding games, you'd really miss out if you skip one. Ghost of Tsushima is perfectly playable on a PS4 Pro, no hickups, very smooth. Of course that's just my very own experience.
I plan to play both eventually. Just might wait a while until i can definitely play Ghost at 60 fps. Either on PS5 or if/when it comes to PC. Preferably on PC.