Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 31, 2021, 02:11 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Agreed, will they come water cooled from factory? If so prices start at what 2K?
i wish they would sell the bare card and let us buy a block we want like CPU's

NV may start at 2k for a 4080 ti but i don't think AMD can at this point their marketshare is too low on the GPU side

7900 xt about 1499.99

glad now i got room for 4 more of these in my case

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 07:32 PM   #212
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Time for the jacket to pull some 4080’s out of the oven.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:27 PM   #213
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Time for the jacket to pull some 4080’s out of the oven.

they heat the oven
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:36 AM   #214
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/03/semi...rvell-ceo.html

Quote:
The semiconductor chip shortage that is hamstringing the production of products ranging from cars and computers to appliances and toothbrushes will extend into 2022 and potentially beyond that, the CEO of semiconductor company Marvell Technology said.

“Right now, every single end market for semiconductors is up simultaneously; I’ve been in this industry 27 years, I’ve never seen that happen,” said Marvell CEO Matt Murphy during a CNBC Technology Executive Council event on Thursday. “If it stays business as usual, and everything’s up and to the right, this is going to be a very painful period, including in 2022 for the duration of the year.”

While several chip producers have announced plans to expand factory capacity, Murphy, who noted his firm is fabless and works with contract manufacturers on its designs, said “that’s not going to kick in until 2023 and 2024 — so there’s this painful period.”

That is a more pessimistic view than some of Murphy’s chip industry peers, who have recently said they expect the shortage to wane next year as new factories open.

“We’ve always gone through cycles of ups and downs, where demand has exceeded supply or vice versa,” AMD CEO Lisa Su said Monday at the Code Conference in Beverly Hills, California. “This time, it’s different.”

Su said that while she expects the first half of 2022 to be “likely tight,” the second half will be less severe as manufacturing capacity opens.

Future release dates are going to be extending as demand looks to way outpaced supply through 2022. I don't know that I'd be expecting a new chip or board in 2022 that will be easy to find.

Granted, things can change, but this outlook isn't that great.

We all might need to temper our expectations.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:56 AM   #215
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

to a point it will last till 2024

when the two new fabs in Az open one new TSMC and one new Intel

what they need to do is start the next two fabs somewhere in the US now for like 2026
Old Nov 3, 2021, 01:29 AM   #216
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Fabs aren't the only limitation, though. It's the materials the fabs need as well.

I truly don't see the supply shortage stopping any time soon, and by soon I mean in the next five years. It's going to be a limitation on production for a while to come. I believe a lot of the people coming out and saying "it'll be fine by end of 2022" are simply industry personnel trying to calm the storm..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2021, 01:43 AM   #217
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Fabs aren't the only limitation, though. It's the materials the fabs need as well.

I truly don't see the supply shortage stopping any time soon, and by soon I mean in the next five years. It's going to be a limitation on production for a while to come. I believe a lot of the people coming out and saying "it'll be fine by end of 2022" are simply industry personnel trying to calm the storm..
Quote:
U.S. needs more mines to boost rare earths supply chain, Pentagon says
https://www.reuters.com/business/us-...ys-2021-10-19/

now if they will do it now as mining is not green

they are looking

Quote:
Western Rare Earths gets drill permit for La Paz project in Arizona
https://www.mining.com/western-rare-...ct-in-arizona/
Old Nov 3, 2021, 02:01 AM   #218
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Biden has been pretty supportive of pushing the supply chain closer to home (bringing TSMC stateside, and giving incentive to Intel), but I don't see him abandoning the green initiative in this case; especially after he just did a climate change conference with the UN in Scotland two days ago

The only way I can see this happening is if the states are left alone to decide/fund the drilling.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Nov 3, 2021, 03:25 AM   #219
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

For rare earth materials? If you look at how the gold rush was handled as a guide, I'm pretty sure that the government won't get in the way much if that means it increases tech production IN the US....
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2021, 05:02 AM   #220
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I don't think you can use the gold rush as a guide anymore. Not in today's climate where the damage we've done to the environment is so evident, as well as the ease of access to news.

You're comparing 2021 politics to 1849, where the federal government was far less powerful and people had no idea how badly we were destroying the planet. Awareness is far too high these days. Look at the Keystone Pipeline - mainly killed for environmental reasons despite the pipeline reducing our reliance on OPEC and foreign oil..

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I only think it's possible if the federal government stays out and allows the states to do what they need to do.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:37 PM   #221
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Biden has been pretty supportive of pushing the supply chain closer to home (bringing TSMC stateside, and giving incentive to Intel), but I don't see him abandoning the green initiative in this case; especially after he just did a climate change conference with the UN in Scotland two days ago

The only way I can see this happening is if the states are left alone to decide/fund the drilling.
that was set up before him

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/t...-facility.html
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:47 PM   #222
Nunz
RIP Roxen

But was not cancelled as the Keystone Pipeline was. Supportive, not set up by, was the wording I used.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 08:28 PM   #223
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
But was not cancelled as the Keystone Pipeline was. Supportive, not set up by, was the wording I used.
Quote:
The Biden administration is pulling back an environmental review that had cleared the way for a parcel of federal land held sacred by Apaches to be turned over for a massive copper mine in eastern Arizona.
https://apnews.com/article/usda-apac...4c80c6dac5b834

i have seen the greens kill a lot of mines in AZ over the last 40+ years

i will believe it when i see it up and running
Old Nov 4, 2021, 07:39 AM   #224
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Guys, P&R is somewhere else, let's move on.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:13 AM   #225
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Guys, P&R is somewhere else, let's move on.
sorry Alex

but the nasty little sh*t PR gets into everything to some point
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:51 AM   #226
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sorry Alex

but the nasty little sh*t PR gets into everything to some point
I understand bud but let's prevent this from spreading.

yoz
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:20 PM   #227
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

some AMD &
Samsung to 3x chip production by 2026
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:21 PM   #228
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

some AMD &
Samsung to 3x chip production by 2026
Should this vid be in this thread?

yoz
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:23 PM   #229
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Should this vid be in this thread?
the Samsung production part yes as NV does use Samsung
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:23 PM   #230
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
the Samsung production part yes as NV does use Samsung
OK, thanks.

yoz
Old Nov 8, 2021, 05:05 PM   #231
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
NVIDIA’s Next-Gen Ada Lovelace ‘GeForce RTX 40’ GPUs Could Be Twice As Fast & Twice As Power Hungry Than Ampere
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-gen...y-than-ampere/

twice as power hungry and twice the price maybe
but 50% only 50% faster at most for the 4090 over a 3090
Old Nov 8, 2021, 06:23 PM   #232
acroig
Troll SMod

I was about to post this, thanks Bill. LOL @ double the power consumption.

yoz
Old Nov 8, 2021, 07:43 PM   #233
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I was about to post this, thanks Bill. LOL @ double the power consumption.
someone should tell the jacket that 1000 watts of thumping is only good in a car stereo
Old Nov 8, 2021, 07:52 PM   #234
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Geez.. that's getting out of control. It already feels like a hair dryer blowing out of my case with the 3090..
Old Nov 8, 2021, 07:58 PM   #235
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
someone should tell the jacket that 1000 watts of thumping is only good in a car stereo
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Geez.. that's getting out of control. It already feels like a hair dryer blowing out of my case with the 3090..
Unless these cards are coming with their own power bricks I don't see this happening. 800-900W for a vid card alone?

yoz
Old Nov 8, 2021, 08:59 PM   #236
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Unless these cards are coming with their own power bricks I don't see this happening. 800-900W for a vid card alone?
i can

most full tower cases can take two PSU's
mine will take 6 PSU's
and we will be seeing all new PSU's soon i think

people running 3 and 4 way SLI/CFX used to do it all the time

wait till RDNA 3 or 4 and they have 3 or 4 chiplet GPU's in them even with 3nm they will suck power like mad

it not going to be the power draw it will be cooling these beasts

new gaming power suply

https://sunwatts.com/25-2kw-solar-ki...icro-inverter/

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 8, 2021 at 09:07 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 01:45 AM   #237
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The Jacket is about to talk. Chance of getting info on 40XX? Will find out shortly.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2021, 01:58 AM   #238
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
The Jacket is about to talk. Chance of getting info on 40XX? Will find out shortly.
this time we will see his BBQ
Old Nov 9, 2021, 02:06 AM   #239
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wish we could fast forward these live streams
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2021, 07:06 AM   #240
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
this time we will see his BBQ
Or his toilet!

yoz