Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 12, 2021, 06:34 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Wrong! You seem to forget the 2000 series, exactly why I skipped it. Your thinking about KAC. Hell I’m using an HD7970 to play pinball lately more then using my 3080.
now you did it now he will want you to sell it

I still got two watercooled ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II's around here somewhere and their two watercooled mates asus gtx 680 directcu ii's
two fun SLI/CFX setups

and i'm using a 380x on a threadripper system
since I gave away my 1080 ti Strix to my sister
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 07:22 PM   #182
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
now you did it now he will want you to sell it

I still got two watercooled ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II's around here somewhere and their two watercooled mates asus gtx 680 directcu ii's
two fun SLI/CFX setups

and i'm using a 380x on a threadripper system
since I gave away my 1080 ti Strix to my sister
With how prices are now I should have kept my 1080 Ti. Could have got double for it then what I sold it for. Probably would have kept it and put it in my pinball pc, although I’m surprised how well a 10 year old card plays FX3 at 1080P
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 08:35 PM   #183
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If they go back to 2080 series pricing, and it's nothing less than a 50% increase across the board. They can go on, and get the hell on. Didn't buy it then, and won't buy it now.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2021, 09:35 PM   #184
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I will only buy if price is less than a $1000.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2021, 07:38 AM   #185
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

hehe, 1070 in my pincab still. All hail DOF!

F ck current gen Good time for backlog cleanup
Old Sep 13, 2021, 08:38 AM   #186
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I will only buy if price is less than a $1000.
bahahahahahaha,
Old Sep 13, 2021, 08:42 AM   #187
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
bahahahahahaha,
Yeah, that was funny.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2021, 09:57 AM   #188
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Cool, are games going to regress in graphics quality as well now that video cards are?
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2021, 02:48 PM   #189
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Wrong! You seem to forget the 2000 series, exactly why I skipped it. Your thinking about KAC. Hell I’m using an HD7970 to play pinball lately more then using my 3080.
Let the 3080 slide to me .... P
Old Sep 13, 2021, 03:30 PM   #190
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Let the 3080 slide to me .... P
No sir, looks like this thing is going to have an extended stay in my computer if the prices of the next gen turn out to be true.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 03:31 PM   #191
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yeah, that was funny.
KAC the comedian!
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:48 AM   #192
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Sep 21, 2021, 09:42 PM   #193
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think it is a Q1 release for sure.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2021, 02:07 AM   #194
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think it is a Q1 release for sure.

Is pointless release if one need to sell a kidney to buy it...
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:37 AM   #195
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

1 year from now, the release will be!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:41 AM   #196
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
1 year from now, the release will be!
For nV yes, Sep-Oct of '22.

yoz
Old Sep 24, 2021, 03:43 PM   #197
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
For nV yes, Sep-Oct of '22.
Really? Maybe announced Q3 2022 and you might be able to buy one sometime late 2023 if you're lucky
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2021, 07:19 PM   #198
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Oct 30, 2021, 07:29 PM   #199
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I can't buy that, how are you supposed to cool that with a regular heatsink?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2021, 08:07 PM   #200
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It would need its own power supply too.

yoz
Old Oct 30, 2021, 08:23 PM   #201
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
it's going to need water .

if it is 700 watts for the normal NV 35% they can keep it

and most likely still samsung
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:53 AM   #202
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

If the 700w rumor turns out to be true then it's just getting ridiculous. That's close to half the power of a standard electric space heater. Even a 1000w PSU might not be enough once you include the CPU power draw and potential transient spikes.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2021, 04:05 AM   #203
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

1000watt would not be enough if the GPU drew 700watt on its own, but I'm sure plenty of idiots would try it.

700watt is pretty insane, but if the performance scales with it, then I don't care. Big issue with Ampere is that the performance really doesn't scale beyond 400-450watt - there are minimal gains up to 600watt. This is why we run water-cooling.. I would probably consider an external MO-RA rad though as 2 internal 360mm would get pummeled by a 700watt load.

I don't think it's Samsung, though. Could have sworn we had reports that they finalized TSMC for the next two generations.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2021, 05:07 AM   #204
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
1000watt would not be enough if the GPU drew 700watt on its own, but I'm sure plenty of idiots would try it.

700watt is pretty insane, but if the performance scales with it, then I don't care. Big issue with Ampere is that the performance really doesn't scale beyond 400-450watt - there are minimal gains up to 600watt. This is why we run water-cooling.. I would probably consider an external MO-RA rad though as 2 internal 360mm would get pummeled by a 700watt load.

I don't think it's Samsung, though. Could have sworn we had reports that they finalized TSMC for the next two generations.
i only saw the next not the next two

and at this time last time it was TSMC it's always TSMC till it's not

TSMC could be just wishfull thinking of the rumour mongers and that is what everyone wants to hear
but i wouldn't think TSMC would be 700 watts

going from Samsung 8nm to TSMC 5nm they should be able to get 50% at the same power or less
Old Oct 31, 2021, 06:09 AM   #205
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I don't think it'll be 5nm. I think that's for the generation after Lovelace. I believe it's 7nm EUV.

700watt is possible on a GPU since the chip is so large .. if there's enough **** packed in on the die between compute/tensor/RTX cores, I think it could very well be true.

I don't think it'll be 700watts, though. I think 500-550 for the top-end cards from AIBs, and likely utilizing at least one 12-pin connector for all cards now instead of 3-4 8pins.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:57 AM   #206
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I don't think it'll be 5nm. I think that's for the generation after Lovelace. I believe it's 7nm EUV.

700watt is possible on a GPU since the chip is so large .. if there's enough **** packed in on the die between compute/tensor/RTX cores, I think it could very well be true.

I don't think it'll be 700watts, though. I think 500-550 for the top-end cards from AIBs, and likely utilizing at least one 12-pin connector for all cards now instead of 3-4 8pins.
AMD RDNA 3 is 5nm they say that would put NV at three big disadvantages
larger prosess and not MCM and a chip that big will have a low yields
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:05 PM   #207
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
AMD RDNA 3 is 5nm they say that would put NV at three big disadvantages
larger prosess and not MCM and a chip that big will have a low yields
On a more mature process though.

yoz
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:16 PM   #208
Nunz
RIP Roxen

NV was on a significant node disadvantage with Samsung .. doesn't seem to have mattered.

You think MCM is a raw advantage .. but I don't think it is, at least not the first generation.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 02:01 PM   #209
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
NV was on a significant node disadvantage with Samsung .. doesn't seem to have mattered.

You think MCM is a raw advantage .. but I don't think it is, at least not the first generation.
at watts no most likely not AMD's 7900 xt will be 700+ watts also
but if it is 3x over a 6900 xt like they say or even 2x the performance will be there

but that MCM package will be very big and spread out like threadripper size or bigger more surface area for cooler contact and the heat not all in one spot
it is still going to need water in the end no matter if it come with air but air cooling is over i think

at these wattages AIO & full water block cards only
you would need a 4 slot card with a turboprop to cool 700+ watt cards

now my alphacool monsta 560mm will do it

Last edited by bill dennison : Oct 31, 2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 02:04 PM   #210
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
at these wattages AIO & full water block cards only
you would need a 4 slot card with a turboprop to cool 700+ watt cards
Agreed, will they come water cooled from factory? If so prices start at what 2K?

yoz