Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:19 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
they can kiss my ass at 1999 for a 4080 ti that is not even MCM
1199 FE for a 4080
the ****EN JACKET has delusion of grandeur

hopefully Intel and AMD torpedoes those prices
Jesus Christ who cares if it's MCM or not. You're so focused on the technology even if it's slower. All the comments about "14nm++++++" meanwhile it steamrolled Ryzen until the 5000 series. Four revisions of 7nm before it was truly competitive.

If it's monolithic and slaps the **** out of everything on the market .. why the hell does it matter what it's run on.

It's a clickbait **** article. Who gives a **** what they speculate.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Sep 11, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:02 PM   #152
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Because this is the rumor thread?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:19 PM   #153
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think we can differentiate between rumors that at least hold some weight, and some crockpot making presumptions based off of ... nothing (referring to the article)
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:22 PM   #154
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

If the 4070 performance is 3 times the 3070 it's worth the 800$ ...
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:32 PM   #155
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wonder how efficient and flexible a Gpu Mcm architecture may bring to the market?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:41 PM   #156
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I think we can differentiate between rumors that at least hold some weight, and some crockpot making presumptions based off of ... nothing (referring to the article)
Oh you can lump me in there as well since I'm the jerk that posted it.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:42 PM   #157
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
And please tell me you know it won't be! 3x the current performance? Ya, ok.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:45 PM   #158
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Jesus Christ who cares if it's MCM or not. You're so focused on the technology even if it's slower. All the comments about "14nm++++++" meanwhile it steamrolled Ryzen until the 5000 series. Four revisions of 7nm before it was truly competitive.

If it's monolithic and slaps the **** out of everything on the market .. why the hell does it matter what it's run on.

mcm should cheaper and may cool better so I do
we will have to see

and you're so focused on everything NV must be better

and the jacket did the same thing with the 2000's after the last mining boom I can see him wanting to get the cash instead of ebay resellers
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:53 PM   #159
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
and the jacket did the same thing with the 2000's after the last mining boom I can see him wanting to get the cash instead of ebay resellers
Bill they have sold everything they made so they got the cash.

yoz
Old Sep 11, 2021, 01:59 PM   #160
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
No.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 02:20 PM   #161
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
and you're so focused on everything NV must be better
Because for the past decade or more, they have been. It's not even close
Old Sep 11, 2021, 04:11 PM   #162
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Bill they have sold everything they made so they got the cash.
they always want more and more
Old Sep 11, 2021, 04:13 PM   #163
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Because for the past decade or more, they have been. It's not even close
8 years since the 290x
Old Sep 11, 2021, 04:16 PM   #164
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
8 years since the 290x
I do give credit to the 290x, but yeah.. 8 years ago, and NV reclaimed the crown with the 780TI a month later..

Last edited by Nunz : Sep 11, 2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 04:24 PM   #165
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

And to make things tougher for Amd to compete, Nvidia reduced the Msrp of the Gtx 780.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 07:23 PM   #166
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I do give credit to the 290x, but yeah.. 8 years ago, and NV reclaimed the crown with the 780TI a month later..
290x still did very well even better in CFX

……...
and I could care less who has the crown
more so if it is NV at 3000 bucks

price, power, performance, noise and temps in that order
water block will fix noise and temps
if AMD has a good card that is 75% to 100%+ performance over my 2080 ti strix for a good price I don't care if it has the diamond studded golden crown
better to have a good price
Old Sep 12, 2021, 05:40 AM   #167
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Not sure why Power is so high on the preferance,

It's for me Performance, Price, Noise, Temps, Power.

who gives a **** how much power something uses, if you have a decent PSU anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 09:19 AM   #168
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The only time I ever needed to think about power was when I wanted to run 4 3070s for mining. Even then I didn’t go crazy and opted for Gamemax 1050 watts power supply. It only screams when I have all 3070s running at full 220 watts each and my 10700 pumping another 80 watts.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:19 PM   #169
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Not sure why Power is so high on the preferance,

It's for me Performance, Price, Noise, Temps, Power.

who gives a **** how much power something uses, if you have a decent PSU anyway.
the more power it uses the more heat it puts into the room no matter the cooling
it will be 109f outside I like to keep those temps outside
Old Sep 12, 2021, 01:57 PM   #170
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Kinda agree with Bill again about efficiency!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 02:58 PM   #171
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
the more power it uses the more heat it puts into the room no matter the cooling
it will be 109f outside I like to keep those temps outside
You should move to the UK, a nice temperate climate. 42c we never get near that. Mid 30's is a heatwave I never look at temps and I'm using Creative SXFI gamer headphones so don't hear any noise. Temps in the room not really an issue.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 03:13 PM   #172
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have to agree with Bill here, it's not ideal having a GPU throwing out more heat than a hair dryer.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 03:25 PM   #173
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
You should move to the UK, a nice temperate climate. 42c we never get near that. Mid 30's is a heatwave I never look at temps and I'm using Creative SXFI gamer headphones so don't hear any noise. Temps in the room not really an issue.
a real heatwave is "On June 26, 1990, Phoenix hit 122f degrees"

I'm a air conditioning contractor heat is my livelihood

hell with my 92 year old father living with me I can't set the indoor A/C temp below 77f
my 2080 ti can get my office up to 80f to 82f when gaming

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 12, 2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 03:27 PM   #174
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have no idea what any of those temps mean.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 03:35 PM   #175
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I have no idea what any of those temps mean.
https://www.metric-conversions.org/t...to-celsius.htm

122f = 50c
Old Sep 12, 2021, 03:56 PM   #176
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I apologize for this off topic post!

Bill,

Since you seem to be a long time resident of Phoenix, did you happen to see the Phoenix Lights in 1997?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 04:00 PM   #177
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I apologize for this off topic post!

Bill,

Since you seem to be a long time resident of Phoenix, did you happen to see the Phoenix Lights in 1997?
was here but I didn't see them other than on the news
Old Sep 12, 2021, 04:00 PM   #178
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Back to the prices I won’t touch if true, the 3080 will be around for a while for me.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2021, 05:12 PM   #179
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Back to the prices I won’t touch if true, the 3080 will be around for a while for me.

you will be first in line for a 4080 camping out at the door all week no matter the price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Old Sep 12, 2021, 05:14 PM   #180
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

you will be first in line camping out at the door all week no matter the price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Wrong! You seem to forget the 2000 series, exactly why I skipped it. Your thinking about KAC. Hell I’m using an HD7970 to play pinball lately more then using my 3080.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote