Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:41 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Wouldn't you need a performance jump that is in the hundreds in order to avoid upscaling techniques at <8k?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:50 PM   #92
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Wouldn't you need a performance jump that is in the hundreds in order to avoid upscaling techniques at <8k?
Honestly, who plays at 8K?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:59 PM   #93
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
We always hope for a big jump! How much you expecting? 50%?
50% to 70% for Lovelace 4080 ti over a 3080 ti

100% to 150% for a 7800 xt over a 6800 xt with two chiplets
they are saying a much as 250% but they always go too high I think 100% to 150% is more real

both will be 400 + watts

Quote:
Honestly, who plays at 8K?
this

we are years away from 8k without SLI/CFX
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 2, 2021, 04:45 PM   #94
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I just hope we do get a big jump this time

we need it and it may kill the need for DLSS/FSR at below 8k for most things
This logic doesn't make any sense based on no one is forced to use Dlss or Fsr and one can still choose Native. Why would you desire to kill Dlss or Fsr and force just native -- especially with all the limitations with Taa?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 05:57 PM   #95
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
This logic doesn't make any sense based on no one is forced to use Dlss or Fsr and one can still choose Native. Why would you desire to kill Dlss or Fsr and force just native -- especially with all the limitations with Taa?
to get 60+ FPS at 4k with Ray Tracing without Dlss or Fsr

both Dlss & Fsr have issues also

and is taa the only type of anti aliasing now ?

and lastly no one is forcing you to turn Dlss & Fsr off even you have the power to run fully without it

but for me I would like to have the option to run RT at 4k with or without Dlss & Fsr and still get good FPS
Old Aug 2, 2021, 06:19 PM   #96
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

TAA is pretty much the default now.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 08:50 PM   #97
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah, and TAA is definitely not perfect. It's by far the best form of antialiasing outside of downsampling/super sampling, but the performance loss on the latter is huge.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 04:00 AM   #98
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I dunno about that, I'd rather MSAA+trAA any day of the week. To me TAA is like a decent version of FXAA. Which I think that's what it is - a temporal shader based AA that alternates with each frame.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 06:06 AM   #99
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

It's too difficult to maintain high framerate and use MSAA at high resolution. Don't get me wrong, I don't think TAA looks all that great .. but with performance in mind it does do the trick, usually.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:55 AM   #100
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
It's too difficult to maintain high framerate and use MSAA at high resolution. Don't get me wrong, I don't think TAA looks all that great .. but with performance in mind it does do the trick, usually.
and if the 4080 ti is 70% faster ?
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:07 AM   #101
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:07 AM   #102
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Cards get faster and games get more demanding. It's a never-ending cycle..
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:13 AM   #103
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Cards get faster and games get more demanding. It's a never-ending cycle..
And the cost
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:15 AM   #104
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

2080Ti vs 3080Ti there is only roughly a 28% performance increase at 70% cost increase. Like that is jokes. And that's best case scenario right there, its usually lower.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:24 AM   #105
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
2080Ti vs 3080Ti there is only roughly a 28% performance increase at 70% cost increase. Like that is jokes. And that's best case scenario right there, its usually lower.
There’s only one other viable gaming upgrade path though. Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of choice available.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:48 AM   #106
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Eh. Maybe at stock. It's definitely more than 25-30% in my experience, but requires 4K to stretch the legs.

Not sure how it's 70% cost increase considering 2080TIs were $1500 at release.. lol. 2080TI FTW3 was $1499 if I'm not mistaken. $3080TI is same.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:12 PM   #107
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Eh. Maybe at stock. It's definitely more than 25-30% in my experience, but requires 4K to stretch the legs.

Not sure how it's 70% cost increase considering 2080TIs were $1500 at release.. lol. 2080TI FTW3 was $1499 if I'm not mistaken. $3080TI is same.
Yeah Hapa, your figures don't add up here.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...-Ti/4115vs4027

yoz
Old Aug 3, 2021, 01:05 PM   #108
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
There’s only one other viable gaming upgrade path though. Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of choice available.

Quote:
Intel’s high-end gaming GPU could launch at CES 2022
https://www.techradar.com/news/intel...ch-at-ces-2022

but I don't trust Intel and raja

……..

but they do say the AMD 7800 xt will be faster than the 4080 ti but just as many watts and cost a lot -- maybe
Old Aug 3, 2021, 01:16 PM   #109
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

What's actually high end to Intel is low end mobile chips from Nvidia/AMD.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 01:20 PM   #110
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
What's actually high end to Intel is low end mobile chips from Nvidia/AMD.
, I was thinking the same thing. 3dfx has a better shot at making a high end part than Intel.

yoz
Old Aug 3, 2021, 02:03 PM   #111
Lazy8s
One day at a time

hasn't intel been working on a dedicated gaming chip for like 20 years now?

Old Aug 3, 2021, 03:41 PM   #112
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
hasn't intel been working on a dedicated gaming chip for like 20 years now?

Sure feels that long...

yoz
Old Aug 3, 2021, 07:04 PM   #113
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Yeah Hapa, your figures don't add up here.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...-Ti/4115vs4027
I used GPUCheck

https://www.gpucheck.com/compare/nvi...e-rtx-2080-ti/
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:46 PM   #114
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Vanilla 3080, not Ti ^

And what's the average for RT performance?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 03:50 AM   #115
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Excited about this new crap. Hopefully it comes out in 2022 and I don’t have to buy anything this year. Anyways, gays aren’t pushing any big games this year anyway so bleh.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2021, 07:17 AM   #116
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Anyways, gays aren’t pushing any big games this year anyway so bleh.
This.

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2021, 02:44 AM   #117
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

I found intersting what this guy said about next gen GPU from AMD and Nvidia.Jump to minute 49:27.
"Why nvidia and amd would give us such a huge generational increase in perfroamance ? "
Old Aug 16, 2021, 05:09 PM   #118
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:27 PM   #119
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
well that is hopper we knew that.....….

……... where is Linda XXX
Old Aug 17, 2021, 07:21 AM   #120
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
well that is hopper we knew that.....….

……... where is Linda XXX
We're gonna need a "deep throat" leak to find out.

yoz