Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 16, 2022, 02:07 AM   #2371
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I've seen people who ran at 110'c memory kill their cards, I don't think the 110'c is for 24/7.

Mine run at 84'c.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 08:44 AM   #2372
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I've seen people who ran at 110'c memory kill their cards, I don't think the 110'c is for 24/7.

Mine run at 84'c.
Ya it would continuously throttle. Not healthy for the life of the card. The gigabyte eagle 3090 sucks. I just overclock a tiny bit to keep it at 103c. It's paid for itself twice so I'm not worried
Old Jan 16, 2022, 09:38 AM   #2373
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

My EVGA runs at 106 C average with a mild overclock.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:41 AM   #2374
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
My EVGA runs at 106 C average with a mild overclock.
Both EVGA ftw3 gaming Uber super duper whatever 3090s I put mem +1200. One has run solid there over a year without a crash. 2nd card is down to +800 as it's been losing its overclock to heat/crashes. Their VRAM runs up to 104c
Old Jan 16, 2022, 07:59 PM   #2375
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

At 1200 mem my EVGA card craps out. Max I can do is 850 and 900 for benches. I keep it at 400 as I really want this card to last before the new ones come out.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 05:03 PM   #2376
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Intel just announced they will be making lower powered Bitcoin ASICs.

This schizzle just got real
Old Jan 20, 2022, 05:29 AM   #2377
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Mining is dropping like a stone.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 05:40 AM   #2378
KAC

Everything is dropping like a stone. Lost $20K on stocks in 3 weeks.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 07:40 PM   #2379
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Everything is dropping like a stone. Lost $20K on stocks in 3 weeks.
No you didn't. That's just unrealized loss my friend
Mining is lowest since I started over a year ago
Old Jan 21, 2022, 07:35 AM   #2380
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If your plan is to hold onto it for a while it would be best if it completely craters into the toilet right now. That way it might shake out some of that hash power on the network so you may see better rewards for the last several months of eth mining.

For that to happen who knows how low it would need to go but I'm guessing well under 2000 and it would need to hold there for a while. Doubtful that will happen though so difficulty will probably stay high and continue moving up even in the face of downward price pressure.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:37 AM   #2381
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

We are at $0.05 per megahash at the moment.
The worst it has been the last 12 months
Old Jan 21, 2022, 03:07 PM   #2382
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird sings

MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 05:18 PM   #2383
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

El Salvador keeps buying the dip
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:16 PM   #2384
KAC

Think it’s time to turn off the cards? Down to 12 bucks a day. Still profitable but not sure if I want to continue. Hash rate still quite up. FHR 3070s dropping everywhere for 1000 bucks now.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 06:58 AM   #2385
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm guessing it's down to about $0.04 or less per mh/s. It's not pretty. Your only hope is to keep the mined coin in hopes the value goes up in the future.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:56 AM   #2386
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

This guy has so many expensive gpu's...

Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:14 AM   #2387
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird singsMaxSt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Think it’s time to turn off the cards? Down to 12 bucks a day.
That's in current bucks.

But what about 2024 or 2026 bucks...
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:39 AM   #2388
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
That's in current bucks.

He's still thinking in terms of fiat and not crypto.
1 BTC still equals 1 BTC
Old Jan 25, 2022, 01:06 PM   #2389
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSt View Post
That's in current bucks.

0.01cent a day?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 02:36 PM   #2390
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
0.01cent a day?
After over a year of mining all cards work, but 3 cards have now displayed weird behavior. To get the same Hashrate I have to change OC settings. This makes sense and is expected except sometimes that involves less juice/power. Wtf?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 01:07 PM   #2391
SirBaron

BTC payout still dropping.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 01:33 PM   #2392
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
BTC payout still dropping.
Like your post count?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:07 PM   #2393
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Like your post count?
Like the tears of miners these days?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 04:01 AM   #2394
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Like the tears of miners these days?
Seeing as I rarely post anymore (Discord Rage3D server FTW), that analogy means I cry one tear every few weeks?

I can live with that
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:50 AM   #2395
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not sure why Nigel hates miners. Crypto out here giving him his financial card to freedom and he laughs.

Mining is still very profitable.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:04 AM   #2396
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Not sure why Nigel hates miners. Crypto out here giving him his financial card to freedom and he laughs.

Mining is still very profitable.
I don't hate miners but they are killing the video card gaming market.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:52 AM   #2397
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nigel, I warn you that Curio monitors this forum and he's not as "understanding" as I am.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:00 PM   #2398
KAC

His name is Nigel. Wow, I have been reading Nigleg all this time. I was like it is a play on that other profane word…
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:05 PM   #2399
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Nigel, I warn you that Curio monitors this forum and he's not as "understanding" as I am.
It's ok. We'll play nice.

We don't hate Nigel even though he blames us for destroying the human race.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:23 PM   #2400
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

Quote:
I will cease and desist in this section of the forum .