Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 17, 2021, 10:10 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
I find it staggering how much companies don't spend on infrastructure and security. All companies outside of IT companies hate spending money on IT because it doesn't "bring" them anything. You always have sales people and account managers making $$$ because they make the company money but the poor IT people are just pushed into the corner
The irony is if the I.T. department vanished one day, virtually every company (including the one I work for) would grind to a halt in a manner of days, possibly even hours. Only then would they panic.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 01:17 PM   #62
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 01:59 PM   #63
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I'm half convinced that half the pics of people being stupid at the pump (cardboard boxes, laundry baskets, etc) are just a meme...they stage the shot, then fill up their car.

Other half of me doesn't doubt it at all...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2021, 03:01 PM   #64
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I'm half convinced that half the pics of people being stupid at the pump (cardboard boxes, laundry baskets, etc) are just a meme...they stage the shot, then fill up their car.

50/50 if the pics are coming out of NC, SC, or GA. If it's FL, then it's real...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2021, 07:13 PM   #65
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post

It's real but they lined the cardboard boxes with plastic.
Old May 28, 2021, 05:42 AM   #66
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They paid $5 million to the hackers? WTF?

How do they not have a backup somewhere?
Where are the names of the heads that are getting rolled?
Were is the follow up to this story, it needs full investigation!
Old May 28, 2021, 06:43 AM   #67
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
They paid $5 million to the hackers? WTF?

How do they not have a backup somewhere?
Where are the names of the heads that are getting rolled?
Were is the follow up to this story, it needs full investigation!
Apparently the decryption was taking longer than just restoring backups, so they wasted a bunch of money.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2021, 02:49 AM   #68
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

now that they've payed them you know what will happen next, right?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2021, 04:49 PM   #69
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Seems like they were able to recover some of it:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7589909002/

In the Colonial case, investigators were able to track multiple transfers of bitcoin by reviewing a public ledger, according to court documents. The transfers represented payments made by Colonial that had been transferred to an "address" whose password or "private key" was known to the FBI, which then recovered the money.

It's not very technical and I suppose for good reason.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote