Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 24, 2022, 03:48 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Decided to backstep and finish up the First Samurai one level back, and I'm destroying it. I miss this feeling of durability (and certain bosses rip through my Yokai Shift like mad), so I'm rejiggering my armor after all.

Any idea of whether Governor Armor can ALSO have a tempered Damage Taken (Critical) mod in addition to the built in one (on the chest)?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 07:11 PM   #242
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Just opened up Dream of the Nioh and the Underworld. The switch to governors armor was probably good. Let's me go a bit more offensive without as much fear of death. Steamrolled the boar yokai which was giving me such a hard time earlier. Not that the build never dies, but if I do its probably because I overextended myself couldn't rebuff in time, etc.

Before moving on, probably look into upgrading my tate eboshie soul... Still using a white one.

Last edited by koralis : Feb 7, 2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 06:09 AM   #243
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Underworld is where it’s at I used the Governor’s armor too. Great damage reduction.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:07 AM   #244
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

New things make me nervous!

So, each level you get to a common area with a shrine, take a boat to seek out a Kodama which can provide one buff on your crucible boss fight? Beat the boss, and go to the next common area? Quit, and you go back to the last saved common area?

Can you get all kodama buffs, or just one?

Last edited by koralis : Feb 7, 2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:10 AM   #245
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
New things make me nervous!

So, each level you get to a common area with a shrine, take a boat to seek out a Kodama which can provide one buff on your crucible boss fight? Beat the boss, and go to the next common area? Quit, and you go back to the last saved common area?

Can you get all kodama buffs, or just one?
You can get them all. They make a nice difference with some of the boss fights, because I don’t think the underworld buffs for bosses were handed out equally lol. Some have just enormous health pools.

If you quit out you go back to the main game map. But you pick right up where you left off, for the first 108 floors anyway. It changes after that.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:23 PM   #246
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

I seem to remember in nioh 1 there was some equipment bonus about running a lot of levels concurrently? Nothing weird like that I need to be concerned about?

Old Feb 7, 2022, 01:32 PM   #247
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Nope, no defiled gear here. Just the Lapiz Lazuli.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 09:33 AM   #248
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Got my soul core, then started Underworld level 0. Things hit pretty hard down there, but the Amrita is insane and all gear is 6-7+ levels higher than I'm currently at. This is just in the Netherworld... I fear the boss.

Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:41 AM   #249
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Got my soul core, then started Underworld level 0. Things hit pretty hard down there, but the Amrita is insane and all gear is 6-7+ levels higher than I'm currently at. This is just in the Netherworld... I fear the boss.
nah, you got this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 09:21 AM   #250
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Killed the boss without too much fanfare. Got enough high level gear that I could raise my armor between 6 and 10 levels and my staff 11 levels to 41.

Found one trinket with Sloth (Omnyo Hit), but on an accessory that doesn't help me (wrong type, wrong set, etc) Looking forward to finding an accessory that I can use that has it so I can drop the spell and add more offensive spells to replace. Already have Reduced Defence (Omnyo Hit) which helped a lot in that regard. Would be awesome to apply all of my debuffs with one (aoe) attack spell

Old Feb 10, 2022, 08:09 AM   #251
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Killed the boss without too much fanfare. Got enough high level gear that I could raise my armor between 6 and 10 levels and my staff 11 levels to 41.

Found one trinket with Sloth (Omnyo Hit), but on an accessory that doesn't help me (wrong type, wrong set, etc) Looking forward to finding an accessory that I can use that has it so I can drop the spell and add more offensive spells to replace. Already have Reduced Defence (Omnyo Hit) which helped a lot in that regard. Would be awesome to apply all of my debuffs with one (aoe) attack spell
I farmed for armor/accessories through probably 50% or more of the underworld. Even with “lucky drop accessory” tempered on they still seemed slow to drop. Tons of armor, but I never did get the perfect accessories. Doesn’t mean you won’t…I just don’t get along with the RNG gods all that well lol.

Edit: I did find out early on that whatever I’m carrying drops the most there though. And graces are locked to certain floors in the underworld. Makes farming for them a bit easier.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:48 AM   #252
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

lol, I'm still plugging away. Think I last cleared like floor 25 or something. I need to do something about my inventory management cause it's getting funny at this point. Still no cohesive build. Have parts of three different graces at this point. Got enough in Susano and another to have Ki regen and Dmg % reduction and a +2 to my anima. Probably need to actually get something cohesive going before it catches up with me even though I'm still doing alright. Still don't know if I'll go Purity, Corruption, or something with Onmyo.

I will say, Arc of Chaos is ****ing amazing. Just something about flinging a giant scythe at enemies. Also once you get a feel for where it starts coming back you can get the thing to hit for 3 hits or so. Ranged switchglaive is nice.

Edit:. Now I'm sitting here debating if I wanna go Exorcist for yokai dmg, Veteran for mid attack reduction, or Imperial Monk for ki Regen. Ugh, decisions decisions.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

Last edited by YellowBeard : Feb 11, 2022 at 03:08 PM.
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 02:53 PM   #253
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I farmed for armor/accessories through probably 50% or more of the underworld. Even with “lucky drop accessory” tempered on they still seemed slow to drop. Tons of armor, but I never did get the perfect accessories. Doesn’t mean you won’t…I just don’t get along with the RNG gods all that well lol.
Have a Scroll of Nioh... godlike that I can't take full advantage of yet.

*Ultimate Courage
*Ultimate Magic
Finishing Flair B-
Ultimate Strength
Active Skill ki Damage 10.7%

Still have about 112 Strength to go to get that one kicking in but I reincarnated to get Courage up high enough to use.

But yeah, accessories are hard. Don't drop as often and some ot the exclusivity stuff makes things challenging.

I've finished floor 6 of Underworld. Feeling a tad vulnerable since I dropped a fair amount of Stamina and Constitution to make use of the scroll. When I get on a roll, it's good, but I think I'm stopping the Strength push till I can get my health and defense (remodelling) back up a little.

Old Feb 12, 2022, 05:57 PM   #254
Lazy8s
One day at a time

That’s a good scroll. I had a couple of scroll of the damned that were game changers in the depths

I think I rebuilt / re-equipped maybe 4-5 times going through the underworld, but saving the builds made it easy to switch out for certain boss fights. And some of the starred gear from the underworld and depths was insanely sweet.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 06:13 PM   #255
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

With empowered magic now, I am loving the familiar. Might dial back from 4 to 2 since I can usually earn it back.

Let me get another sloth and reduced damage until I can get sloth on omnyo hit going.

Something I have been unclear on... Icons small and I am not fixated on the.m... Can something be both saturated, electrified, and confused simultaneously? Or does confused strip and replace the other two elements? If so, can it get reapplied during the term of confused?

Last edited by koralis : Feb 12, 2022 at 07:29 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 03:37 PM   #256
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

When confusion ends it will strip the effects that caused it so you'll have to reapply.

Hope that makes sense.

Personally cruising through the underworld. Inventory management is my biggest slow up right now. In the 40s now for levels. Spent some time redoing level 40 trying to get a better White Tiger soul core. Didn't manage it though so I moved on. Right now trying to put together a purity build. Using one piece of of the Tactician set to cause blindness on scorched. So I purify things and then let Kasha light them on fire. It's fun watching them lose tracking with the blindness.

Got a scroll drop from a revenant that was Ultimate Magic and Finishing Flair. Managed to roll Ultimate Constitution, Ultimate Courage, and sentience 90%. Probably gonna try to reroll the sentience into something a little more useful. Don't have stats to trigger courage yet, but I'm building towards it now. Trying to do it without respeccing at the moment. Ho Oh calming breath and Constitution pretty much heals me to full super fast after any fight, so that's convenient.

Old Feb 19, 2022, 04:32 PM   #257
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
When confusion ends it will strip the effects that caused it so you'll have to reapply.

Hope that makes sense.
Got it... so if I use Electricity and Water,
1) They'll be Electrified, Saturated, and Confused simultaneously (but confused effect will take priority for increased damage)
2) Confusion wears off and takes Electrified and Saturated, leaving no elemental effects until reapplied

But, based on how I apply them, that shouldn't be a big deal... Lightning Familiar + Water Talisman. Back in business in no time. Also good for boss fights that keep shifting into the Dark Realm and purging my debuffs.

What's fun is the Grace that replenishes the last spell you cast after you do X melee damage at rank 7. I can't really imagine using the Familiar spells without it. Too expensive, too short.

Quote:
Personally cruising through the underworld. Inventory management is my biggest slow up right now. In the 40s now for levels.
As in +40, or level 40 in the underworld? I'm at +57 and just passed level 22 in the underworld.

Quote:
Right now trying to put together a purity build. Using one piece of of the Tactician set to cause blindness on scorched. So I purify things and then let Kasha light them on fire. It's fun watching them lose tracking with the blindness.
That did seem neat, but I can't bear to give up my Black Fox mask and currently not really dealing with Fire anymore (enera got me to start playing with other elements )

Another question, just a confirmation really... there are no Sudama tricks you can pull with Etheral Soul Cores, right? You just get back what you put in, unlike Divine? Makes it luck o the draw?

Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:20 PM   #258
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Got it... so if I use Electricity and Water,
1) They'll be Electrified, Saturated, and Confused simultaneously (but confused effect will take priority for increased damage)
2) Confusion wears off and takes Electrified and Saturated, leaving no elemental effects until reapplied

But, based on how I apply them, that shouldn't be a big deal... Lightning Familiar + Water Talisman. Back in business in no time. Also good for boss fights that keep shifting into the Dark Realm and purging my debuffs.

What's fun is the Grace that replenishes the last spell you cast after you do X melee damage at rank 7. I can't really imagine using the Familiar spells without it. Too expensive, too short.
Yep, only thing you have to watch out for is that they do get increasing resistance to accumulation to that element each time it's applied. This is only really a problem in long fights so I hardly ever notice it.

Yeah, I was looking at the Onmyo warrior set for that, but I seem to use attacks more than magic so I went with purity for the time being. I mean, I still have 200 in Magic and what not at the moment, but I use Attack Power down, and the Ki Regen/Health Regen the most with a sprinkling of Lightning Resistance talismans.

Quote:
As in +40, or level 40 in the underworld? I'm at +57 and just passed level 22 in the underworld.
Think I just cleared floor 61. All my items are near 200 (+69 or so) at the moment.

Quote:
That did seem neat, but I can't bear to give up my Black Fox mask and currently not really dealing with Fire anymore (enera got me to start playing with other elements )
Ahh yeah, I switch out between Black Fox and Sudama heads. Though Imakomei can be on any part of his set. I use the chest as just one point in it gives me that Blind on Scorch. Yeah, I'd probably swap it out if I didn't lean on Kasha so much. Just so nice to have a spinning top of firey death.

Quote:
Another question, just a confirmation really... there are no Sudama tricks you can pull with Etheral Soul Cores, right? You just get back what you put in, unlike Divine? Makes it luck o the draw?
Not that I know of? I mean, you can get Sudama soul cores for giving them identified one. There's also a trick where you can give them two pieces of ethereal gear and you might get back a Sudama only grace. It's for farming. +to luck and all that. I've only ever gotten a piece ****ing around, but I'm also not super farming at the moment as most of my stuff is fairly stable.

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Sukunahikona's+Grace

Old Feb 20, 2022, 02:59 PM   #259
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Yep, only thing you have to watch out for is that they do get increasing resistance to accumulation to that element each time it's applied. This is only really a problem in long fights so I hardly ever notice it.

Yeah, I was looking at the Onmyo warrior set for that, but I seem to use attacks more than magic so I went with purity for the time being. I mean, I still have 200 in Magic and what not at the moment, but I use Attack Power down, and the Ki Regen/Health Regen the most with a sprinkling of Lightning Resistance talismans.
I have a Sloth on Omnyo hit and Defense Down on Omyno hit. The Familiars trigger those, so I don't need to cast them. Also sometimes cast Reduced Attack manually (which also triggers them.)

So mostly, it's a way of making sure I get to cast all of my spells very-fast and have them last, which in certain circumstances is a problem (long time between shrines, etc.)

Quote:
Ahh yeah, I switch out between Black Fox and Sudama heads. Though Imakomei can be on any part of his set. I use the chest as just one point in it gives me that Blind on Scorch. Yeah, I'd probably swap it out if I didn't lean on Kasha so much. Just so nice to have a spinning top of firey death.
I've thought about it. I am just really comfortable with my Onryko spinning balls of hate for when things start swarming me.. I have a Life Drain on Yokai Ability hit, so I can use it as both an "oh ****" button when I'm getting overwhelmed, and as a "I could use a fast heal right now."

Right now I'm using up all of my Set slots for the magic one 7 slots of Tsukuyomi 3 pieces of water Owatatsumi (fast saturation + 20% ki damage to saturated), and 2 of Susano for extra defense. If I ditched water for Fire I could do it, but I'd have to juggle a few things. Something to think about going forward. I like the idea of defense by blindness. Does it let you pull out of a combat and recast, etc? Thats one of the gotchas on my build if an opponent is super-agressive.