Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 8, 2022, 02:34 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The only game that scratched a bit of that itch was the DaS 3 mod I played recently. That was so incredibly well done. I’ve jumped into various other games over the months, but it’s literally an act of will to stay with anything else

I’m looking for something different to hold my attention until Feb 24th I’m sure I’ll be having a great time after that.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2022, 05:35 PM   #212
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
It's like a junkie that finds their drug of choice. Once its gone you can't find anything else that compares.

I don't even necessarily need to find a game as good. I just want something that gives the same feeling of getting better loot as i progress that makes me feel incrementally more powerful. Its such an addictive gameplay type and Nioh did it so well.

Unfortunately for me i dont want to keep playing the same missions and enemies over and over, so don't really want to do NG+. But maybe after some time goes by the game might feel fresh enough again to jump back in.

My brother has been playing Godfall, and was describing it to me. Seems similar? I got him to Buy Nioh 2 when it went on sale a couple of days ago.

So, I had skipped over the DLC to gear up after my experience with Nioh 1, where the difficulty curve jumps dramatically. After getting a two or 3 + levels on my gear I went back to the DLC and blew through the first mission... I was overpowered. So, Nioh 2 seems to have gotten the difficulty right. I decided to play through Way of the Strong, and THEN do the WotS version of the DLC.

Just wrapped that up and got my super-nifty-set-magatama. Looking forward to doing the DLC missions now.

At what point can you spend past 99 points in a stat?

Here's the little orphan girl, perpetually sad (two of her freckles look like teardrops.) The reduced damage I have going on I love. This is all stacked on top of heavy armor for 4/5 pieces... the Black Fox mask is my last piece for damage.

Did the Crime of Patricide for Amrita guage, damage, reduced damage, etc. I like having the Yokai shift in my back pocket.

The splitstaff Dragon Dance has been my go-to offense and it's ripping things up. STILL have not found a Damage Added (Magic) mod. Is there a specifiec piece where it's more likely to show up?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Jan 8, 2022 at 05:44 PM.
koralis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2022, 07:09 PM   #213
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yes i agree about Nioh 2's DLC. It seemed way easier than the DLC of the first game. I think its due to a couple certain things.

Firstly the bosses in this game generally just seem way easier. Although I'm not sure if it's partly because I've just had so much practice by this point. Secondly, the yokai abilities are a super powerful asset to the player which makes the game much easier overall if used correctly.

Probably was a smart move playing the DLC on NG+. I'm sure that helped with the lack of challenge. Kind of wish i did that, but i didnt want to go through the whole game again.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 9, 2022, 09:25 AM   #214
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m questioning how far I want to push the pain with this. The difficulty spike from DoTN to the underworld is noticeable, but the first 108 floors went pretty well with some refinements.

Then floors 1-5 of the depths brings another spike, got through that. 6-10, got through that.

Floor 11 is where the multiple boss fights per floor happen, and I’ve made it to floor 13, but haven’t managed to clear enough to get to the next block.

2 problems - I have a build capable of doing it, but not enough skill to manage the resources while killing the first boss. 2nd boss shows and I’m out of spells etc.

The other issue is RNG. It sounds pissy, but having the right scroll of the damned makes a huge difference here, and I simply cannot get one to drop that has what I need, namely ultimate constitution and ultimate courage and / or ultimate heart. So I’m losing the battle of attrition that is the 2nd boss fight.

Players that are beating the depths 100% - respect lol. You’re better than I.

I’ll keep trying though.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:02 AM   #215
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
The only game that scratched a bit of that itch was the DaS 3 mod I played recently. That was so incredibly well done. I’ve jumped into various other games over the months, but it’s literally an act of will to stay with anything else

I’m looking for something different to hold my attention until Feb 24th I’m sure I’ll be having a great time after that.
Which mod?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:43 AM   #216
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Which mod?
The Convergence. go Necromancer. Holy heck man
Old Jan 9, 2022, 03:47 PM   #217
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Forged a split-staff so that I could have multiple slots/attempts available per tempering and finally got it done.

What isn't clear is how much higher an elemental talisman spell is for damage? Any point if I have it imbued naturally? A bit annoying when it becomes sentient and strips the one I cast anyway. Thinking I should look into alternative spells for that slot.

Old Jan 9, 2022, 06:17 PM   #218
Lazy8s
One day at a time

No idea on the talismans. I rarely use them.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 02:17 PM   #219
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Wow... ok, started DLC 2...

The hag-wagon was a surprise. Not TOO hard, but definitely upped the challenge factor. Probably mostly due to a new moveset that you need to figure out.

The Spiderman Yokai though... Oh my God! So damned fast and hits like a truck. Either can't get any spells off (and only a couple of elixers... he's just too agressive and fast), and dodges the ones I do. Only survived with Yokai hits w/ life drains.

Did it, but whew!

Last edited by koralis : Jan 10, 2022 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 06:52 AM   #220
Lazy8s
One day at a time

EDIT: NVM

Last edited by Lazy8s : Jan 11, 2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 09:45 AM   #221
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The best thing about that creepy wagon was the amount of revenants you could farm near the first encounter, lol.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 06:49 PM   #222
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Holy cow, Otamakadamian on Way of the strong/first samurai is just brutal. I'll keep plugging away for a bit, but i suspect I may end up dropping back an NG level to do this (or skip ahead and power up first?)

Old Jan 15, 2022, 06:00 AM   #223
Lazy8s
One day at a time

just curious, are you planning on going for DoTN and opening the underworld? If so, I’ve found it better to just clear the % needed to open the next areas, up to opening the next NG cycle.

The reason is that your build is going to come together much tighter than you can get NG+ and earlier, and materials from the earlier missions will come in very handy when refining your build for the underworld. I just go back and (easily) clear earlier missions now when I need easy umbracite / chisels etc….
Old Jan 15, 2022, 06:42 AM   #224
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
just curious, are you planning on going for DoTN and opening the underworld? If so, I’ve found it better to just clear the % needed to open the next areas, up to opening the next NG cycle.

The reason is that your build is going to come together much tighter than you can get NG+ and earlier, and materials from the earlier missions will come in very handy when refining your build for the underworld. I just go back and (easily) clear earlier missions now when I need easy umbracite / chisels etc….
Yes I am. What are the perks for clearing the last of the DLC? Nothing?

Old Jan 15, 2022, 07:26 AM   #225
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Yes I am. What are the perks for clearing the last of the DLC? Nothing?
Nothing really, just the higher value gear, which you get in the next cycle anyway.

I got a lot of really decent starred perks moving into Dream of the Demon though, plus the higher + levels. It made clearing some of the earlier levels more tolerable.

In all fairness though, I did hit a difficulty wall in Demon that forced me to really start refining my build. It worked out for the best.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 03:19 PM   #226
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ok I think Team Ninja went a bit overboard here lol.

I get that the depths are for those few who really want to have a ridiculous challenge, but when the boss is healing faster than I can damage him, I just can’t see the point. And I’m hitting for well over 7k dps…there’s no way to raise it any more except maybe a hair here and there.

I don’t understand how I’m supposed to do this, but others have so I know there’s a way.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 05:10 AM   #227
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Ok I think Team Ninja went a bit overboard here lol.

I get that the depths are for those few who really want to have a ridiculous challenge, but when the boss is healing faster than I can damage him, I just can’t see the point. And I’m hitting for well over 7k dps…there’s no way to raise it any more except maybe a hair here and there.

I don’t understand how I’m supposed to do this, but others have so I know there’s a way.

Hmm. Is it a spell (rejuvenation?) that you need to have interrupted? Is there a way to wipe spell effects?

Or is it a Curse that you need to clear?

Last edited by koralis : Jan 16, 2022 at 05:18 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 05:17 AM   #228
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

I have a theory, can you confirm that it seems right?

On thwo different occasions I've had weapons that I've tried to put Attack Bonus (Magic) on, and NEVER have seen Attack Bonus available at all. In this latest iteration, I've done about 100 umberite "cycles" to get the effects to randomize, looking at 3 different slots, and the only purple that shows up is Life Drain (Melee) as well as various other Life Drains in blue.

The theory is that at creation time, a fixed pool of effects is granted to the weapon. You can cycle the ones on display from the pool, but if a given effect isn't there for your item, you can never get it... you need a different item and a different pool.

The one time I did get it, I got it in a dozen cycles on a newly forged item, and it was showing Attack Bonus (Heart), etc as alternatives before that.

I'm thinking my current staff-in-waiting is a lost cause and I should quit throwing resources at it.

Old Jan 16, 2022, 08:06 AM   #229
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hmm. Is it a spell (rejuvenation?) that you need to have interrupted? Is there a way to wipe spell effects?

Or is it a Curse that you need to clear?
I read up on it a bit and yes, it’s a “curse”, but not all bosses have it. Each time the boss damages me it regains a bit of it’s HP. So it comes down to just simply being better at dodging than I am. Ouch lol.

On you’re theory, I believe you’re 100% correct. There may be other factors involved as well.

I have 2 Shuten Doji clubs that I really want to use and the inheritable transform bonus courage will not transfer to either of them, yet another weapon with the same exact bonuses will accept it no problem.

I also have a Demons Axe that, as far as I know, I’ve “reset / recycled” the pool several times and desired effects just will not show. It’s frustrating.

One “workaround” I use is to temper lucky drop weapons onto my accessories and hope I get another that I really like. I actually gave up on Shuten Doji’s club for the moment.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 02:43 PM   #230
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

If I recall right, umbracite is kind of weird. There are pools all right, but I don't think it's total. I think some effects are mutually exclusive to others on the roll. Meaning if you have one thing it's considered in the same "pool" so some things won't show up. Ugh, I remember seeing charts before.

Yup. Here are the tables. https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Temper Probably have an effect that's blocking things. The tables there might help.

Just opened up NG+ with my switch glaive character. Debating whether to start the end game push, or run through dlc first for the spirit guardians. Decisions decisions.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2022, 03:51 PM   #231
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
If I recall right, umbracite is kind of weird. There are pools all right, but I don't think it's total. I think some effects are mutually exclusive to others on the roll. Meaning if you have one thing it's considered in the same "pool" so some things won't show up. Ugh, I remember seeing charts before.

Yup. Here are the tables. https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Temper Probably have an effect that's blocking things. The tables there might help.

Just opened up NG+ with my switch glaive character. Debating whether to start the end game push, or run through dlc first for the spirit guardians. Decisions decisions.
Per that table I shouldn’t have any conflicts…I wonder if it’s a more subtle bug. I’ve had gear that showed fully leveled Xp wise, but it still wouldn’t transfer unless I popped glue or whetstones. That’s happened several times over the years actually..

Other tHan that I’m just learning new boss movesets / beating head against wall lol.

Some of the new movesets and speed in the depths are just tooth grinding.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 04:06 PM   #232
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

I know there can be some subtlety with inherited effects and having max familiarity. I.E. max familiarity on an item will allow you to soul fuse it to another item overwriting one that was already on the destination item. There's a lot of little things that they don't really mention in the fusing department and unfortunately it's been too long since I was playing the fusion / tempering game to remember it all.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 07:32 AM   #233
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
That is true, but that's a different thing than I'm talking about. I've wiped out "like" stuff and been unable to inherit things.

Also, certain mods I just can't get to show up at all on new equipment which is similarly set up to old equipment. That's the 100 umbracite setup... were no conflicts that I know of.

In other news, just started Way of the Wise. Oof. Damage is increasing again. On the positive side, can now reincarnate all of my "wasted" Courage points directly into Magic.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:55 AM   #234
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
That is true, but that's a different thing than I'm talking about. I've wiped out "like" stuff and been unable to inherit things.

Also, certain mods I just can't get to show up at all on new equipment which is similarly set up to old equipment. That's the 100 umbracite setup... were no conflicts that I know of.

In other news, just started Way of the Wise. Oof. Damage is increasing again. On the positive side, can now reincarnate all of my "wasted" Courage points directly into Magic.
That bolded line is exactly what I’m seeing. I’ve pretty much given up at this point. If what I want won’t show within 15 rolls I move on. Drops are solid enough to give me lots to work with, especially with the added underworld perks.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 06:36 AM   #235
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I read up on it a bit and yes, it’s a “curse”, but not all bosses have it. Each time the boss damages me it regains a bit of it’s HP. So it comes down to just simply being better at dodging than I am. Ouch lol.
I was trying to figure out what to spend my Omnyo skills on and was browsin g the ones I've been avoiding.

You might try Sanctity spell. Eliminates both good and bad effects from you. If it's a curse that grants an effect on YOU, should nullify the curse?

Trying to confirm this is a thing, ran into this too..

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...ioh-2/79043055

Quote:
In the new DLC, the Ominous Pact ability on the accessory lets you use yokai abilities even if you don't have the anima, and applies a status effect that prevents you from gaining anima or using yokai abilities for the duration.

The Sanctity omnyo magic prevents all status effects (good and bad) from affecting you.

Combined, the two let you spam yokai abilities until the Sanctity effect wears off, as you never receive the status effect.

Video I made showing me spamming the elemental rain yokai ability with no Anima: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAAP_1AnXxg

Old Jan 18, 2022, 07:12 AM   #236
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I was trying to figure out what to spend my Omnyo skills on and was browsin g the ones I've been avoiding.

You might try Sanctity spell. Eliminates both good and bad effects from you. If it's a curse that grants an effect on YOU, should nullify the curse?

Trying to confirm this is a thing, ran into this too..

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...ioh-2/79043055
I’ll look into that Sanctity spell It’s good timing as I’m going back to a magic based build, just gathering the gear I need now. Thanks

On the Ominous Pact - they’ve patched that since then. It was basically being used as an exploit to just spam yokai abilities, but I’ve read that using the arch yokai talisman offsets the penalty as well. I haven’t tested it yet though.

I did have an interesting experience with a tank build - 94% weight lol. The perk is that if you empty your ki with a strike, it gives a massive damage boost. And it works, but man, don’t miss

So I’’m going to attempt these last depths floors all magic and anima, see how that works out.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 03:52 PM   #237
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

lol, managed to get into blue toughness with only medium armor. I forget how much this can **** you. No feedback when you get hit is definitely a surprise. "Why do I have half health, I didn't get hit? Oh... yeah."

Working my way through dlc 2 to get spirit guardians. Managed to get a Yakisani from a random chest in DLC 1 so rocking most perks of a Sanada set. So that's nice. Also got a Sudama helm from a revenant that gives me the divine + drop rate.

Also, online people need to stop being basic. ****, if I fight another revenant in full Flying Kato that immediately tosses Sloth at me imma go crazy. Full Kato and hardly any of them actually use Ninjutsu.

Old Jan 18, 2022, 04:25 PM   #238
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I had that AA purple toughness with Kintaro’s set and Ultimate Stamina - man it’s nice to be able to tank hits in the depths, but I’m finding that running circles around the enemies works better

I actually quit farming revenants because the return stopped being worth it. Using a scampuss makes them all easy, but the gear is always basic and I never seem to get what I want anyway lol.

I’ve got my Onmyo Warrior up and running, 5 pieces of that and 7 Oyamatsui(sp?) for the health, and so far it’s handling the depths pretty nicely, as long as I remember I can’t really trade hits any more. And having ‘untouched Onmyo’ on every piece is working a charm.

I’m starting to feel like I might 100% the depths after all
Old Jan 19, 2022, 06:00 AM   #239
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Cleared floors 10-11 this morning in the depths. The glass cannon is working better for me than a melee build. Cast>run>dodge>spam yokai rinse repeat. I just have to not give in to the melee muscle memory I developed over the course of the game. I’ll survive a glancing hit, but a stun lock / direct hit wrecks me.

So far so good though
Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:14 AM   #240
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

putzing around in the lower couple of regions of Way of the Wise trying to get decent ethereal gear. The RNG is strong in this one. Still sticking with Genryu for now at least so one variable is locked down (lucky drop (armor) helps those turn up) and I kinda like the Anima (Amrita Absorption) perk.

but yeah, matching graces and good star perks is rough. Hell, still sticking with my first etheral staff as I can't find any others with better setups (mystic Dyad changed my splitstaff build dramatically) due to that "fixed random pool" thing we were talking about earlier. I was thinking about it... easier to see with the Demon scrolls as those seem to have the same behavior, but only 4 or 5 options per scroll instead of maybe 20.

Does Nioh 2 ever provide more shortcuts, or are we stuck at 2?