Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:09 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Is this essentially as far as you can go in the underworld (and the game)?

His build is insane. My eyes glaze over just watching what he is doing to those bosses lol. I cannot imagine how many hours you'd need to sink into the game to get to this point.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:41 AM   #152
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Is this essentially as far as you can go in the underworld (and the game)?

His build is insane. My eyes glaze over just watching what he is doing to those bosses lol. I cannot imagine how many hours you'd need to sink into the game to get to this point.
You would be surprised, if the RNG gods are kind to you Where I’m at in the underworld each boss fight averages 30-45 seconds with some exceptions, like the 2nd one he fought - some are just heavily resistant to anything but physical damage.

But - very pertinent - I’ve seen his videos before. I believe he bypassed the levels and just ran boss fight to bossfight. In the first game, you ‘save’ kodama to remove status effects the boss can hit you with. In this game, each kodama adds a powerful status effect to you. He’s clearing bosses without the added status effects. If he cleared the levels as well, his boss fights would be much quicker as well. And I think he keeps a stone of penance at +9 - which substantially ups the difficulty, so Yes, that’s impressive.

Oh - to answer your other question, there are 30 more floors after 108, the underworld depths. They are….difficult lol. Players can leave a beneficial grave, but there’s no co-op. It’s ALL on you.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:37 AM   #153
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm not as masochistic as I used to be I guess. At this point all I really want to do is work my build up to the point where I can handily crush the DLC on Way of the Samurai.

But I like knowing I can always return to this game later down the road and there's still tons of content to play with ever increasing challenge.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:30 PM   #154
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I'm not as masochistic as I used to be I guess. At this point all I really want to do is work my build up to the point where I can handily crush the DLC on Way of the Samurai.

But I like knowing I can always return to this game later down the road and there's still tons of content to play with ever increasing challenge.
That challenge is what’s kept me coming back to both games, over and over
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:43 PM   #155
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Just beat the last main mission of DLC2. Duel boss fight! I almost had it on the first try. I love how on these duel boss fights in Nioh games if you kill the first boss, you start directly on the 2nd if you die. So much better.

Then I did "The Dragon's Kin." I could tell what that was going to be right away. Awesome! I killed him pretty easily though, once I could actually catch him. All I needed to was get a good tonfa skill combo on him and he'd run out of Ki letting me do a final blow every time. Got him in an infinite loop couple times.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:17 AM   #156
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Talk about frustrating. I'm convinced the game cheats on the drops. At this point I'm pretty sure I have ALL of the drops from Saito, including the combat moves, except the one I was trying to get. Why? Because I'm actually wearing it, it refuses to give it to me? Been going at this for days now.

Screw it.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:23 AM   #157
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I tried for a certain switchglaive boss skill (the boss that drops it doesn’t even use the glaive ) forever and couldn’t get it. Then one day when I didn’t even want it any more….,it dropped. I’ve given up on builds I wanted to try just due to the rng - it’s brutal.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:26 AM   #158
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just beat the last main mission of DLC2. Duel boss fight! I almost had it on the first try. I love how on these duel boss fights in Nioh games if you kill the first boss, you start directly on the 2nd if you die. So much better.

Then I did "The Dragon's Kin." I could tell what that was going to be right away. Awesome! I killed him pretty easily though, once I could actually catch him. All I needed to was get a good tonfa skill combo on him and he'd run out of Ki letting me do a final blow every time. Got him in an infinite loop couple times.
I really enjoyed that last mission, but I think the 3rd dlc gets the nod from me for favorite, if not frustrating at times. You remember the fun you had with Manus? My personal Manus is in that dlc
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:42 AM   #159
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Unless its different with the combat skills I'm not sure it matters that you are wearing the armor of an enemy you are trying to farm something from. I was wearing a full set of Sohaya armor when I got the drop for the Sohaya text. But again not sure if it differs for the skill drops.

Honestly I think its all RNG. Just put on your best luck bonus equipment, and find the faster method of farming. Or, just give up and move on.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:43 AM   #160
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I really enjoyed that last mission, but I think the 3rd dlc gets the nod from me for favorite, if not frustrating at times. You remember the fun you had with Manus? My personal Manus is in that dlc
Uh oh, big time tough boss fight incoming? Bring it on. Would be a great way to end my time with this game.

Hopefully with the holiday weekend coming up I'm going to have a good chunk of time to sink in and finish it up.

Also, I have a few more side missions from the 1st and 2nd DLCs, but I'm not too motivated to do them since they are locked pending other requirements. Might just save them for later.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:52 AM   #161
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Uh oh, big time tough boss fight incoming? Bring it on. Would be a great way to end my time with this game.

Hopefully with the holiday weekend coming up I'm going to have a good chunk of time to sink in and finish it up.

Also, I have a few more side missions from the 1st and 2nd DLCs, but I'm not too motivated to do them since they are locked pending other requirements. Might just save them for later.
Well, it was tough for me, may not be for you lol. You know how that works with these games…but either way it does take a lot of that finesse I mentioned before.

I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:55 AM   #162
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Unless its different with the combat skills I'm not sure it matters that you are wearing the armor of an enemy you are trying to farm something from. I was wearing a full set of Sohaya armor when I got the drop for the Sohaya text. But again not sure if it differs for the skill drops.

Honestly I think its all RNG. Just put on your best luck bonus equipment, and find the faster method of farming. Or, just give up and move on.
Yeah it’s just the RNG. Some youtubers like to make it sound as if you can guarantee certain drops, but really the only guarantee is sometimes you’re lucky and sometimes you’re not.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:32 AM   #163
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Well, it was tough for me, may not be for you lol. You know how that works with these games…but either way it does take a lot of that finesse I mentioned before.

I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy it
We shall see. If its anything like the Eternal Duty fight from Nioh 1 I'll be struggling for a while no mater how strong I think my build is.

How easy or hard some fights are I think just comes down to your build focus. At least in the first game that was the case. In Nioh 2 I found most bosses I could handle well enough, as they seemed to be all well balanced for the most part. Except for in the early game but that was due to needing to level up, and still needing to acquire certain weapon skills. Also, one boss in particular that had to get nerfed in a patch.

Quote:
Yeah it’s just the RNG. Some youtubers like to make it sound as if you can guarantee certain drops, but really the only guarantee is sometimes you’re lucky and sometimes you’re not.
After fighting Ren Hayabusa last night I got two combat skill drops. Not sure if those were guaranteed or not. Sadly both are only to be used for weapons I am not using. Kind of stinks because neither skill seems to have anything to do with a weapon - Izuna drop, and his fireball spell. Bummer.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:40 AM   #164
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
We shall see. If its anything like the Eternal Duty fight from Nioh 1 I'll be struggling for a while no mater how strong I think my build is.

How easy or hard some fights are I think just comes down to your build focus. At least in the first game that was the case. In Nioh 2 I found most bosses I could handle well enough, as they seemed to be all well balanced for the most part. Except for in the early game but that was due to needing to level up, and still needing to acquire certain weapon skills. Also, one boss in particular that had to get nerfed in a patch.
Oh it’s so much better than the Eternal Duty fight. It’s an actual, full on boss fight requiring tactics and skill. I don’t want to say too much about it, other than to say that it’s plenty doable without the extreme frustration that comes from any cheap tactics on the devs part. It’s just…tough.

Quote:
After fighting Ren Hayabusa last night I got two combat skill drops. Not sure if those were guaranteed or not. Sadly both are only to be used for weapons I am not using. Kind of stinks because neither skill seems to have anything to do with a weapon - Izuna drop, and his fireball spell. Bummer.
Izuna drop is amazing with fists. Especially the non-claw fists, which deal more ki damage where the clawed fists deal more physical damage. It’s a grapple where you launch the enemy into the air and slam them into the ground for really satisfying damage.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:50 AM   #165
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Oh it’s so much better than the Eternal Duty fight. It’s an actual, full on boss fight requiring tactics and skill. I don’t want to say too much about it, other than to say that it’s plenty doable without the extreme frustration that comes from any cheap tactics on the devs part. It’s just…tough.
Sounds like a good quality fight. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Izuna drop is amazing with fists. Especially the non-claw fists, which deal more ki damage where the clawed fists deal more physical damage. It’s a grapple where you launch the enemy into the air and slam them into the ground for really satisfying damage.
Yes, I'm remember Izuna drop quite well from my time with Xbox Ninja Gaiden games. It was a super OP move I used a ton. Was so cool to see it added into Nioh.

Further makes me wonder if they someday create a new Ninja Gaiden will it have gameplay elements from Nioh. Would be so cool.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:07 AM   #166
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Sounds like a good quality fight. Looking forward to it.

Yes, I'm remember Izuna drop quite well from my time with Xbox Ninja Gaiden games. It was a super OP move I used a ton. Was so cool to see it added into Nioh.

Further makes me wonder if they someday create a new Ninja Gaiden will it have gameplay elements from Nioh. Would be so cool.
A Ninja Gaiden / Nioh baby would be amazing
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:15 AM   #167
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
A Ninja Gaiden / Nioh baby would be amazing
They really wouldn't even have to change much from the Nioh formula. Maybe just add a jump button, focus on ninjutsu, and maybe speed up the gameplay a bit. But keep all the new stuff with the Nioh series, especially the loot systems. They must at least be thinking about it, if not secretly in development. They did just release the remasters of the Xbox games, so could be.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:25 AM   #168
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
They really wouldn't even have to change much from the Nioh formula. Maybe just add a jump button, focus on ninjutsu, and maybe speed up the gameplay a bit. But keep all the new stuff with the Nioh series, especially the loot systems. They must at least be thinking about it, if not secretly in development. They did just release the remasters of the Xbox games, so could be.
Team Ninja is supposed to release news about multiple new games soon. Let’s see what they come up with. Whatever it is, I’m most likely in
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:28 AM   #169
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well, if there's another Dead or Alive game I will probably pass on that.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:41 AM   #170
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Well, if there's another Dead or Alive game I will probably pass on that.
Yeah that’s a pass for me too.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 01:34 PM   #171
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I’ve been using the absolute best weapon in the entire game and just having a blast with it.

Clay Bell Of Beckoning

Available from early game and just destroys enemies ki. Things like this really make me just appreciate the heck out of Team Ninja

Last edited by Lazy8s : Dec 22, 2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 03:14 PM   #172
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I’ve been using the absolute best weapon in the entire game and just having a blast with it.

Clay Bell Of Beckoning

Available from early game and just destroys enemies ki. Things like this really make me just appreciate the heck out of Team Ninja
Are you a cat person?

I never made much use of it, but watching some videos yeah its a Ki destroyer for sure.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 03:19 PM   #173
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Are you a cat person?

I never made much use of it, but watching some videos yeah its a Ki destroyer for sure.
Asking me - dog person. Ask my wife - dog I do love cats though.

Ki destroyer and massive anima boost with the right perks
Old Dec 22, 2021, 08:19 PM   #174
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

I kept at it, swearing I was stopping when I got my Courage to 22 and move on (new Guardian/ability).

1 attempt before i hit 22 I finally got the damned smithing text. Finally.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2021, 01:22 PM   #175
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I kept at it, swearing I was stopping when I got my Courage to 22 and move on (new Guardian/ability).

1 attempt before i hit 22 I finally got the damned smithing text. Finally.
I swear the game knows when you want something, and trolls you.

I might respec soon just to refine some things. The build is tight enough to still beat underworld bosses first try, but returns are diminishing. I’m also having a bit of a time managing ki with the fists, but that will come with more practice.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 04:30 PM   #176
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Started DLC #3 today and just finished up the final story mission of the game. They got really into the anime style with the bosses for The First Samurai. Was cool though. I was a bit let down on the challenge, did every boss fight for both main missions in one attempt. I am simply OP for these missions though - finished the game at lvl 165 with +7 tonfas.

So I will just clean up the remaining side missions and probably call it good and move to HZD.

All in all FANTASTIC game. But I am not sure when I will return to it. Presumably when I do it will be to do NG+ and maybe respec the build and/or focus on a different weapon. I think I am pretty satisfied right now though. Its been an awesome ride.

Old Dec 23, 2021, 06:02 PM   #177
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Started DLC #3 today and just finished up the final story mission of the game. They got really into the anime style with the bosses for The First Samurai. Was cool though. I was a bit let down on the challenge, did every boss fight for both main missions in one attempt. I am simply OP for these missions though - finished the game at lvl 165 with +7 tonfas.

So I will just clean up the remaining side missions and probably call it good and move to HZD.

All in all FANTASTIC game. But I am not sure when I will return to it. Presumably when I do it will be to do NG+ and maybe respec the build and/or focus on a different weapon. I think I am pretty satisfied right now though. Its been an awesome ride.

Congrats on beating the game! If you didn’t have any trouble with Nightmare Bringer then yeah, you’re a bit overleveled

It’s a great ride first time through
Old Dec 23, 2021, 07:08 PM   #178
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Congrats on beating the game! If you didn’t have any trouble with Nightmare Bringer then yeah, you’re a bit overleveled

It’s a great ride first time through
Thanks. Yeah I actually just had more trouble with the Rivals Return side mission than I did any of the main mission boss fights for some reason. So maybe I got lucky with the main story boss fights.

Not sure why but I always get a bit intimidated by those mob rush missions. Took me a handful of tries to get it.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 07:29 PM   #179
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah I actually just had more trouble with the Rivals Return side mission than I did any of the main mission boss fights for some reason. So maybe I got lucky with the main story boss fights.

Not sure why but I always get a bit intimidated by those mob rush missions. Took me a handful of tries to get it.
Well you never know what you’re going to get hit with on the rush missions. First time I did “Against all Comers”….talk about a marathon battle lol. Still, it was satisfying at the end.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 08:13 PM   #180
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Well you never know what you?re going to get hit with on the rush missions. First time I did ?Against all Comers??.talk about a marathon battle lol. Still, it was satisfying at the end.
I haven't done Against all Comers yet but i was curious so i looked it up. Holy hell that is the mother of all mob/boss rush gauntlet missions! Wonder if that would top Everlasting Duty as my toughest mission.

I am hoping you at least get checkpoints along the way if you die. With that long of a gauntlet i would be pissed if i died near the end and had to start all over.

I'm not really a fan of these type of missions though, as i said before. They just get a bit too tedious for my liking. I'll save that one for last.