Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:29 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I did know the point about how to gain proficiency faster with Onmyo. I simply need to use it more, and the more damage I deal with it the faster it levels. I'll get there.

Didn't know about Point of No Return though. I'll it out. Also noticed there's a mission that unlocks after killing 10 mages. I just checked and I only killed 9. Only 9 for the only main game?! Could have sword there were much more mages in Nioh 1. So I need to hunt down that final mage. Will have to jump into a mission that has them just to kill one.

But yeah, I am noticing there's still a bunch of missions that I need to do in the last few regions. The progress bars are not complete even though on some I don't have any available missions, locked or unlocked. So I need to figure out what to do to get them. Already talked to everyone in the interim too. Will have to just play around with it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:33 AM   #92
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I did know the point about how to gain proficiency faster with Onmyo. I simply need to use it more, and the more damage I deal with it the faster it levels. I'll get there.

Didn't know about Point of No Return though. I'll it out. Also noticed there's a mission that unlocks after killing 10 mages. I just checked and I only killed 9. Only 9 for the only main game?! Could have sword there were much more mages in Nioh 1. So I need to hunt down that final mage. Will have to jump into a mission that has them just to kill one.

But yeah, I am noticing there's still a bunch of missions that I need to do in the last few regions. The progress bars are not complete even though on some I don't have any available missions, locked or unlocked. So I need to figure out what to do to get them. Already talked to everyone in the interim too. Will have to just play around with it.
I just did a speed run to the second shrine in the Mount Tenno mission. Drop off the bridge and go into the cave - there’s at least two there…
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:45 AM   #93
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I just did a speed run to the second shrine in the Mount Tenno mission. Drop off the bridge and go into the cave - there’s at least two there…
Thanks for the tip, saves me some time trying to remember where they are.

[EDIT] BTW, wanted to mention I started watching a new documentary on Netflix - Age of the Samurai. You should check it out, they talk a lot about the time period of Nioh, and explain a lot of the historical characters that the game uses like Nobunaga and the Iga ninja clan. Nice companion piece.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:55 AM   #94
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, saves me some time trying to remember where they are.

[EDIT] BTW, wanted to mention I started watching a new documentary on Netflix - Age of the Samurai. You should check it out, they talk a lot about the time period of Nioh, and explain a lot of the historical characters that the game uses like Nobunaga and the Iga ninja clan. Nice companion piece.
I’ll check that out, thanks! Such a bloody period in their history, but it’s so captivating at the same time

Edit: You’re hooked on the history and culture now like I am
Old Dec 14, 2021, 08:10 AM   #95
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yes, feudal Japan is a super interesting time period. Such brutality, but also so much beauty and amazing style.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:16 PM   #96
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yes, feudal Japan is a super interesting time period. Such brutality, but also so much beauty and amazing style.
It’s almost surreal seeing the actual figures names in that documentary. I didn’t realize it was several episodes. Thanks man
Old Dec 14, 2021, 01:21 PM   #97
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
It?s almost surreal seeing the actual figures names in that documentary. I didn?t realize it was several episodes. Thanks man
I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far but its been really good. Feels like Nioh, except without yokai of course.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 02:40 PM   #98
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I think they designed the boss fights more fairly in this game. Not easier persay, but less cheap tactics to overcome which I believe was the factor.
Reincarnated to juggle my points and undo some earlier stuff that was hatchet-geared. Also changed my jutsu loadout and am doing a lot more damage than before (but somewhat less durable since I dropped the one that decreases opponent attack.)

Used a couple of quality umbracite on a chest so that I felt I could afford to drop my sohaya chest which was good. a couple more points of stamina and I'll have a 4 set of Patricide.

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Th...e+of+Patricide

Got life gain on amrita absorption and make sure I have Extraction running on tough fights. With some shifting bonuses, Yokai Shift is working better than it used to just need to make sure I can move into it more regularly, and Patricide is helping with that.

Need to figure out where to get an updated Black Fox mask. That seems pretty nice for an omnyo build. Have an older one that I am currently wearing. I guess I can soul match it up though.

It also helped that I swapped around my soul cores... found a pairing I like a lot. The weird multi-headed spider-like-monstrosity has an Anima attack that works for me better than many of the other ones I tried. The other one just gives a fire damage bonus, which improves this one as well as my fire talisman weapon? (might swap that one out if I can find something better)

Overall though, the build is starting to come together and holding its own most of the time.

The timely guard feature of my weapon seems like it'd be good if I could get competent at it.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2021, 03:25 PM   #99
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

If you don't have the smithing text for the Black Fox Mask to forge yet, Fextralife says you can farm it from the mages in the Sun Sets on Mount Tenno mission.

For yokai abilities I'm using leveled up cores from Yatsu-No-Kami and Kasha, which both have Anima Charge 5% bonuses. They are still the best in the game from what I've seen.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 04:30 PM   #100
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far but its been really good. Feels like Nioh, except without yokai of course.
Episode 5... The Amrita War

Old Dec 14, 2021, 05:42 PM   #101
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Episode 5... The Amrita War
Haha that would be awesome. But episode 3 is actually called The Demon King. I assume its more about Nobunaga.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 07:30 PM   #102
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
If you don't have the smithing text for the Black Fox Mask to forge yet, Fextralife says you can farm it from the mages in the Sun Sets on Mount Tenno mission.

For yokai abilities I'm using leveled up cores from Yatsu-No-Kami and Kasha, which both have Anima Charge 5% bonuses. They are still the best in the game from what I've seen.
I still used Kasha all the way into the underworld. It’s one of the best imo, especially with Inosasao because her (Ino’s) attack power is so high.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 04:51 AM   #103
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I still used Kasha all the way into the underworld. It’s one of the best imo, especially with Inosasao because her (Ino’s) attack power is so high.
I was planning on experimenting to figure it out myself, but you probably know the answer.

The Attack and Defense of your guardian spirit... when does it apply?

1) All the time?
2) Only during Yokai Shift?
3) Yokai Shift + Yokai ability?

I was assuming 1, but occurred to me that might not be true.

Related, Yokai ability damage is a factor of weapons, or just Guardian Spirit? I'm assuming the latter.

Old Dec 15, 2021, 05:40 AM   #104
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I was planning on experimenting to figure it out myself, but you probably know the answer.

The Attack and Defense of your guardian spirit... when does it apply?

1) All the time?
2) Only during Yokai Shift?
3) Yokai Shift + Yokai ability?

I was assuming 1, but occurred to me that might not be true.

Related, Yokai ability damage is a factor of weapons, or just Guardian Spirit? I'm assuming the latter.
Yes to #1

The ability damage is tied to the GS and attached soul cores + pertinent sections of that skill tree.

There’s a LOT of testing that can be done to tailor it towards your specific build, swapping various cores out with different spirits etc, but of note: Some soul cores will eventually be killing enemies for you all by themselves It’s fantastic when dealing with crowd control
Old Dec 15, 2021, 06:58 AM   #105
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Yes to #1

The ability damage is tied to the GS and attached soul cores + pertinent sections of that skill tree.

There’s a LOT of testing that can be done to tailor it towards your specific build, swapping various cores out with different spirits etc, but of note: Some soul cores will eventually be killing enemies for you all by themselves It’s fantastic when dealing with crowd control
Thanks for the info.

That's why I am liking Mitsume... quick AoE fire blast. Requires less skill to make sure you tag enemies, and less skill is what I need! As it can also interrupt the red attacks like a Burst counter does, it might encourage me to try a Phantom and forget Burst countering? Hmm. Probably still a bad idea though.

Old Dec 15, 2021, 07:09 AM   #106
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

That's why I am liking Mitsume... quick AoE fire blast. Requires less skill to make sure you tag enemies, and less skill is what I need! As it can also interrupt the red attacks like a Burst counter does, it might encourage me to try a Phantom and forget Burst countering? Hmm. Probably still a bad idea though.
Well, all 3 burst counter. Brute is easiest for me, plus it counts as an actual attack and can deal damage and stagger. Feral is great as it’s basically an i-frame loaded dodge that can bring right up to the enemy, if there’s any distance to close. Phantom can just wreck an enemies ki, but man, that timing is just tough for my old reflexes.

One other nice benefit is they can all cancel an attack animation. I got wrecked a couple of times before realizing I could get out of that attack animation

What I do is keep multiple GS’s primed with cores and ready to go….because you can assign the same core to multiple spirits and swap as needed at a shrine, then choose whatever perk works best for me on the secondary spirit.

I run basically a tanky magic and anima based build in later levels, and some cores and spirits work perfectly (with the right armor) to keep your anima topped up - it’S a fun time
Old Dec 16, 2021, 02:59 PM   #107
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Played a bit more of Tengu's Disciple.

Did the "Shadows Creep in Korama" mission. koralis is going to be excited to find out his favorite boss Nue is back, and badder than before. When I went into the fight I was expecting him to be a pushover since I fought him so many times, but he's apparently been super charged. Took a few tries to put him down. So now I'm starting to wonder, is it going to be a trend in the Nioh 2 DLCs to bring back old bosses?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 03:03 PM   #108
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Played a bit more of Tengu's Disciple.

Did the "Shadows Creep in Korama" mission. koralis is going to be excited to find out his favorite boss Nue is back, and badder than before. When I went into the fight I was expecting him to be a pushover since I fought him so many times, but he's apparently been super charged. Took a few tries to put him down. So now I'm starting to wonder, is it going to be a trend in the Nioh 2 DLCs to bring back old bosses?
I wouldn’t call it a trend…you’ve got some pretty interesting foes ahead
Old Dec 16, 2021, 03:11 PM   #109
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I wouldn’t call it a trend…you’ve got some pretty interesting foes ahead
OK good. Would definitely rather see more new boss designs.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 05:44 PM   #110
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I went back and read some of the Nioh 2 thread in the console section. Was really interesting seeing you guys experiencing the game for the first time. Made me realize what i love most about Nioh, its super challenging in the early game but once you get over that hump and start leveling up and perfecting your build you become so powerful. Feels good after that initial difficulty in the beginning getting to the point where you just smash everything like a god.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 07:16 PM   #111
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I went back and read some of the Nioh 2 thread in the console section. Was really interesting seeing you guys experiencing the game for the first time. Made me realize what i love most about Nioh, its super challenging in the early game but once you get over that hump and start leveling up and perfecting your build you become so powerful. Feels good after that initial difficulty in the beginning getting to the point where you just smash everything like a god.
Yeah it’s a power trip for sure. I think they level that off a bit towards the end of the DLC - you’ll see what I mean…

One thing that’s just really cool though, is that it takes no time (relatively speaking) to open up Dream of the Nioh and that Underworld - that’s where things get real again if your build and skills aren’t tight.

It’s just a good time, so much replayability
Old Dec 17, 2021, 08:01 AM   #112
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

This game is really going to test my personal policy on immediate game replayability and longevity.

With Nioh 1, after the DLC was finished I was already realizing I didn't think I wanted to continue on much further into NG+ and beyond. I totally get the whole "starts getting good in NG+" but I had that been there done that feeling setting in.

But having Nioh 2 waiting to be played may have had something to do with wanting to move on. With Nioh 2 still being the current game, we'll see if I keep playing it after the DLC. I might. I can totally see it being a case of all other games paling in comparison. We shall see. I have HZD still on hold, but the one game that may really make me move on once its released is Elden Ring. Sadly though, I have a fear that game may not live up to expectations. It looks really really interesting, but whenever I watch gameplay videos the combat seems a bit slow and dull/drab - at least in comparison to Nioh. Its amazing to think after From Soft setting the bar, another game dev has raised it. But here we are.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 08:54 AM   #113
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

If you do immediately throw yourself into NG+ I wouldn't dwell too much in each difficulty. Soul match up stuff to keep competitive and just plow through doing the minimum to get to Way of the Nioh. Amrita flows like water. First couple NG+ missions are rough but then it just becomes a feedback loop. Probably also depends on where the DLC dumps you out in power as well.

But then again that's just me, you do you.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 08:54 AM   #114
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
This game is really going to test my personal policy on immediate game replayability and longevity.

With Nioh 1, after the DLC was finished I was already realizing I didn't think I wanted to continue on much further into NG+ and beyond. I totally get the whole "starts getting good in NG+" but I had that been there done that feeling setting in.

But having Nioh 2 waiting to be played may have had something to do with wanting to move on. With Nioh 2 still being the current game, we'll see if I keep playing it after the DLC. I might. I can totally see it being a case of all other games paling in comparison. We shall see. I have HZD still on hold, but the one game that may really make me move on once its released is Elden Ring. Sadly though, I have a fear that game may not live up to expectations. It looks really really interesting, but whenever I watch gameplay videos the combat seems a bit slow and dull/drab - at least in comparison to Nioh. Its amazing to think after From Soft setting the bar, another game dev has raised it. But here we are.
I’m keeping expectations very much in check for Elden ring.

The great thing about Nioh 2 for me, is that even if I leave it for a while, it’s still satisfying as heck when I get back to it.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 09:31 AM   #115
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
If you do immediately throw yourself into NG+ I wouldn't dwell too much in each difficulty. Soul match up stuff to keep competitive and just plow through doing the minimum to get to Way of the Nioh. Amrita flows like water. First couple NG+ missions are rough but then it just becomes a feedback loop. Probably also depends on where the DLC dumps you out in power as well.

But then again that's just me, you do you.
Well from all my experience playing both games I've realized once I beat the main NG, all I really seem to care about is improving my character build and weapon. The missions are just a means to get to the ends of becoming stronger, since the allure of discovery in the levels and enemies is kind of gone. So at that point it has really become a game of grinding, which is not really what I want to do. This is why I said it will test my personal policy. Nioh 2 could be a game I enjoy enough to still want to grind in. But I wont know for sure until after I've completed the DLCs. My money is on I will mess around in NG+ for a little while, then just decide I am done and move to a different game.

Quote:
I’m keeping expectations very much in check for Elden ring.

The great thing about Nioh 2 for me, is that even if I leave it for a while, it’s still satisfying as heck when I get back to it.
For sure. Adding to what I replied above to YellowBeard, I do see ways I could get back to playing again. There's tons of different build styles I could try to keep it fresh, either starting from scratch or just respeccing. We will see.

Right now I am just taking my time with the DLC and savoring it while it lasts. My character seems to be a bit OP for what I've faced so far. This is what I'm currently using. Amazingly these +5 tonfa do more damage than my +9 tonfa in Nioh 1. I assume its due to the addition of remodeling feature in Nioh 2.

Core/Battle stats:

Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:33 AM   #116
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Well, ok... that's new. I was grinding for a smithing text (STILL not dropping... found a half-dozen other texts I don't give a damn about in the meantime though) and learned how to do a hidden dual-sword skill??

So, look for bosses that use your preferred weapon and try to learn their techniques?

Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:49 AM   #117
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yes, I got the hidden skill for Tonfa - Storm of Strikes. Its really powerful and I use it a lot.

Got it from the dojo mission for hitting 200,000 proficiency with Tonfa though, dropped by Hanzo. So I assumed it was just intended to be acquired there, and not a random drop. or maybe I just got lucky and it dropped on the first try?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:51 AM   #118
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Yes, I got the hidden skill for Tonfa - Storm of Strikes. Its really powerful and I use it a lot.

Got it from the dojo mission for hitting 200,000 proficiency with Tonfa though, dropped by Hanzo. So I assumed it was just intended to be acquired there, and not a random drop.
I got the dual-sword skill in The Point of No Return. Seems like any human boss might drop it if they use the particular weapon? Or maybe there are multiple hidden abilities aquired in different ways?

I'm trying for Genryu's armor, insteaqd I got this other stuff (italics)

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Saito+Yoshitatsu

Quote:
Saito Yoshitatsu Drops
Smithing Text: Tokagemaru in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Weathered Bone & Bleached Twig in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Torch Spear in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Bonepile Spear in "The Point of No Return"

Smithing Text: White Bone Spirit Tonfa in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Rotten Rope Cutter in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Tsuchigumo Clawed Fists in "The Point of No Return"

Smithing Text: Seething Dragon in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Tengu's Khakkhara in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Genryu's Armor in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Merchant's Attire in "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Udoto in "The Hollow Fortress" and "The Point of No Return"
Smithing Text: Genryu's Armor in "The Hollow Fortress" and "The Point of No Return"
The Art of Combat: Dragon Fang
The Art of Combat: Dragon Claw
The Art of Combat Dragon Horn

Last edited by koralis : Dec 17, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:09 AM   #119
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Sounds like they could just drop randomly from certain enemies, most likely bosses. Maybe was just pure chance mine dropped from Hanzo in the Tonfa dojo mission.

Not sure if there are different ones for each weapon. I've only found the one so far. Lazy8s or YellowBeard might know more.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:16 AM   #120
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah, there's a few. 1 to 2 per weapon type. Also, spoil yourself on locations if you're gonna go looking for them. They are off certain bosses and the drop rate is pretty low so you don't want to be wasting time grinding the wrong boss for the drop. Think they are considered items as well, so item drop increase stuff works on them as well.

But yeah, you got the basics down. "Human" bosses that use the said weapon are good going starting points if you don't want to look them up.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote