Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:40 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Setting FOV back to 70 helped with the stuttering.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:19 AM   #212
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I am on 90 FOV no stuttering. Not sure where the issue is coming from as people have such varied performance experiences with this game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:31 AM   #213
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wireless Networking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I am on 90 FOV no stuttering. Not sure where the issue is coming from as people have such varied performance experiences with this game.
Driver related? Game needs a patch for sure.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:00 PM   #214
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
People are saying that forcing af from the control panel is causing some effects to render incorrectly.
I didn't see any of that, and I beat this on PS4 as my reference. Will check it out later.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:34 PM   #215
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Same. Everything high, vsync off, g-sync on, 166hz, ultrawide, runs smooth. Latest nvidia drivers.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:36 PM   #216
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
People are saying that forcing af from the control panel is causing some effects to render incorrectly.
You have to let it recompile the shader cache after.

<Game Directory>\LocalCacheDX12\Delete PSOCache.bin
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 01:39 PM   #217
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Surprised people dont have forced AF at 16x set by default in the nvidia control panel - its something i've done for years in the global profile.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:36 PM   #218
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Surprised people dont have forced AF at 16x set by default in the nvidia control panel - its something i've done for years in the global profile.
Same here....been that way since I can remember for me.

12 hours in on a game I already played before...it's that good.

Went ahead and found all the Tallnecks in the original gameworld, just need the DLC one. May go play thru that area tonight.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 05:02 PM   #219
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The stuttering must be related to RAM. Everyone here (doing my quick non-scientific survey) and a buddy of mine with stutters have 16GB. Those of us with smooth performance have 32GB. So weird. Must be the way it was ported - great game, but I think it shouldn't need that much RAM.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 05:11 PM   #220
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
The stuttering must be related to RAM. Everyone here (doing my quick non-scientific survey) and a buddy of mine with stutters have 16GB. Those of us with smooth performance have 32GB. So weird. Must be the way it was ported - great game, but I think it shouldn't need that much RAM.
I have seen that mentioned by people also and agree it shouldn't be that way. I have 32GB and I guess that is why I am not having the stuttering issue. I would hope they can fix that in a patch.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:28 PM   #221
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I am running 16 GB.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:38 PM   #222
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Interesting but as far as I can tell RAM usage is not over 63% so how much usage are you seeing?

yoz
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:47 PM   #223
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I am running 16 GB.
Your system specs say 32gb. Old specifications or you not playing on your listed system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Interesting but as far as I can tell RAM usage is not over 63% so how much usage are you seeing?
Good question. I'll update with that info when I get some time to play.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:50 PM   #224
KAC

Quote:
Your system specs say 32gb. Old specifications or you not playing on your listed system?

Good question. I'll update with that info when I get some time to play.
I sold off some GSkill sticks to get Corsair ram but am deciding between 3200 C16 Vengeance vs 3000 C15 Dominator.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:18 PM   #225
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I sold off some GSkill sticks to get Corsair ram but am deciding between 3200 C16 Vengeance vs 3000 C15 Dominator.
Ah, okay RAM likely isn't the issue then, but it did seem to be a commonality between stutter and non.

Quote:
So while I'm sitting idle in Windows, my RAM usage is 19% (6.08gb) with a 42% Swapfile (2.02gb). Once in the game, the Swapfile cleared to 0% and the RAM went up to 35%. It eventually settled at about 38% (12.2gb) after about 30 minutes of gameplay.

You say yours settled at 63% or about 10gb. If I'm caching an extra 2gb I wonder if that is something? Maybe the game artificially caps itself?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:24 PM   #226
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Ah, okay RAM likely isn't the issue then, but it did seem to be a commonality between stutter and non.

So while I'm sitting idle in Windows, my RAM usage is 19% (6.08gb) with a 42% Swapfile (2.02gb). Once in the game, the Swapfile cleared to 0% and the RAM went up to 35%. It eventually settled at about 38% (12.2gb) after about 30 minutes of gameplay.

You say yours settled at 63% or about 10gb. If I'm caching an extra 2gb I wonder if that is something? Maybe the game artificially caps itself?
Perhaps, I also have my swap file on auto.

yoz
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:25 PM   #227
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

wtf do you have running in the background that you have 6GB of ram being used on the desktop? I usually hover around 3GB used idle on the desktop.

Also I have 16GB of ram and have not experienced stuttering in game.

I do believe the 451.85 hotfix drivers released a few weeks back is the reason I am not experiencing as many issues as some of you are.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:35 PM   #228
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
wtf do you have running in the background that you have 6GB of ram being used on the desktop? I usually hover around 3GB used idle on the desktop.
I had some Chrome windows open, Steam, etc. When I close that stuff down it settles down closer to 4GB. I have misc. office tools, drive syncs, etc. still running.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 01:04 AM   #229
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah i have no issues either.. 165ghz gsync on ssd etc also 16gb of ram oc'd to 3400

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2020, 01:32 AM   #230
KAC

Ok there is definitely some micro stutter when I moved back to playing on my monitor with mouse and keyboard. Will need to dig and understand why it’s happening. Wasn’t happening on the TV with controller. Only thing I changed. Another change is 144 Hz vs 120 Hz and no HDR vs HDR.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 02:21 AM   #231
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Try 120hz on your monitor, I noticed a lot of console ports don't play nice with 144hz.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 02:55 AM   #232
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Try 120hz on your monitor, I noticed a lot of console ports don't play nice with 144hz.
demo you sexy gay. That did it!

For all the other nubs on these forums don't run game at 144 Hz if you are facing micro stutter. Just bring it down to 120 Hz and enjoy.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 07:49 AM   #233
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

16 Gb RAM, GeForce drive 451.67 here. Playing at 75hz (my monitor's max) with vsync on. No stutters.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2020, 09:02 AM   #234
acroig
Troll SMod

So this AM MS finally decided I could update Win 10 to ver 2004 and all went great.

Fired up HZD and did the bench which had always previously crashed. This time it did not and here's the results:

Ave FPS: 118 (max 243 - min 21)

CPU FPS: 126

GPU FPS: 125

Settings are all ultra except Shadows & Clouds at High and Reflections at Medium.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Aug 9, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 09:31 AM   #235
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
So this AM MS finally decided I could update Win 10 to ver 2004 and all went great.
I'm still waiting to get the update pushed. I've been through the list of compatibility issues they've had holds for and can't find a single thing that applies. Don't know what the hold up is.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:02 AM   #236
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
I'm still waiting to get the update pushed. I've been through the list of compatibility issues they've had holds for and can't find a single thing that applies. Don't know what the hold up is.
Took a long time to get it on my main rig.

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:31 AM   #237
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

A manual install worked this time I tried over a month ago and got the system settings compatibility error.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 10:34 AM   #238
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
A manual install worked this time I tried over a month ago and got the system settings compatibility error.
Nice!

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2020, 11:11 AM   #239
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I did the same, and since I couldn't find any compatibility issues related to my system save for intel IGPU which I don't use, I dloaded the Windows Update Assistant, crossed my fingers for almost an hour and voilŕ, got the update installed and running smooth (so far). MS was going to put me on hold for who knows how long and I was getting anxious to try HAGS.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2020, 11:45 AM   #240
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

Fired up HZD and did the bench which had always previously crashed. This time it did not and here's the results:

Ave FPS: 118 (max 243 - min 21)

CPU FPS: 126

GPU FPS: 125

Settings are all ultra except Shadows & Clouds at High and Reflections at Medium.
Nice! What resolution?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote