Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:39 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I'm not ready to fully start this game proper but I did fire it up tonight to test it out on my PC if anyone's curious about 980 Ti performance. It runs very well for me at 1440p and very high settings. I tried enabling the FidelityFX CAS but I am already locked at 60fps most of the time so I didn't see any benefit to using that feature yet. We'll see how performance goes as I progress through the game.

In that early intro cutscene with a lot of fast action I was seeing some framerate drops to mid 40's and stutters. Normal gameplay is a smooth locked 60 fps though. Seems to just be something about the cutscenes my system is struggling with. If it persists in all cutscenes I'll play with the settings to try to smooth it out.
cut scenes are locked at 30 fps, though some tend to hover between 30 and 60.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-12700K @Stock + Lian Li Galahad 240 || GB Z690-Gaming X || 32 GB RAM || Palit GTX 3090 Game Rock || Corsair HX 1200 PSU || Corsair 7000D AIR Case
Core i5-12400 || Asus Z690 Tuf || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || TT 750 Watt PSU || Corsair Air 540
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 03:21 AM   #212
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
They are locked at 60fps not 30.

Maybe Vsync is causing them to switch to 30 if you can't hit 60.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 03:42 AM   #213
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So any gay enjoying the gameplay?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 15, 2020, 04:58 AM   #214
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Removed/edited posts.

I shouldn't have to say this...

No talking about piracy or even "hinting" about it.
Hallowed are the Ori.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 05:28 AM   #215
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Hallowed are the Ori.
Blessed are the true believers, for only they shall walk the Path, and they shall be welcomed unto the realm of the Ori and made as one with Them.

Ori Pro Tip,

while it may be boring to keep going inbetween the same cities/outposts whatever, especially when you haven't unlocked vehicles.

Try to 5 star places, each star you unlock usually unlocks a item, sometimes some intel or whatever, but you can also unlock stuff like level 1/2/3 power suits or whatever, which makes the later stages much easier to deal with.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:20 AM   #216
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So any gay enjoying the gameplay?
I'm not very far in. So far it feels like a walking simulator. I hope that changes.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:32 AM   #217
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I'm not very far in. So far it feels like a walking simulator. I hope that changes.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:36 AM   #218
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Technically it’s a postman simulator but thanks for confirming this. Looking forward to more views on gameplay. Otherwise I can always watch the 11 hour cutscene movie on YouTube.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:41 AM   #219
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Technically it’s a postman simulator but thanks for confirming this. Looking forward to more views on gameplay. Otherwise I can always watch the 11 hour cutscene movie on YouTube.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:41 AM   #220
SirBaron

The game is essentialy postman simulator for the entire game, however the start is litteraly hiking and walking and avoiding BT's. However eventually you get weapons, Human or BT weapons, and then you find human camps who try to take you out and your stuff while you're trying to reach your destination.

Then if you take them out, you can loot the bases for stolen cargo etc.

It is a walking simulator more so at the start though.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:45 AM   #221
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y once held a door open for a complete strangerPr3tty F1y once held a door open for a complete strangerPr3tty F1y once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not very far in, but I really like it. It plays like how I played Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I don't mind walking around pretty scenery to explore
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:20 AM   #222
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Just started this game myself. Couple of thoughts:

- Excellent performance on my 2080Ti at 4k / DLSS quality mode. Everything maxed except for motion blur (I can't stand motion blur). 60 fps locked, not a single dip. Yet another game where DLSS 2.0 really is on par and in this case better than native 4k.

- I'm not experiencing any stutter others are having. Might be one of those games where you need a 6+ core CPU. Also using a wireless xbox controller, not noticing any slowdowns.

Game is literally a delivery simulator. However, I like big exploration games and this one is great. From the cutscenes in the starting area it looks like things will get more interesting down the road.

Graphics are amazing. I'd like to see more Decima engine games on the PC side. This is better looking than alot of the AAA Unreal Engine/ Cryengine/ Unity games thus far and with great performance.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:31 AM   #223
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Like Sir Baron said, they are actually capped at 60 fps. Gameplay for me is at a steady 60 fps, but the cutscenes are spiking up and down as low as mid 40's. Something is weird with the game on my system. I need to spend some time playing with the graphics settings to see if lowering them helps at all, or if its something borked with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
- I'm not experiencing any stutter others are having. Might be one of those games where you need a 6+ core CPU.
I've got an 8-core CPU and I was seeing some stuttering and framerate drops in the cutscenes. More so framerate drops. Monitoring my GPU usage and I'm noticing its being taxed pretty hard. Might just be the first game that reveals its time to upgrade from the 980 Ti in order to continue using max graphics settings. But, its a brand new game at version 1.0, hoping maybe a patch will sort out the stutters for me.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:34 AM   #224
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

This has probably already been discussed in this thread, and if so I apologize, but what does the game name mean?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:37 AM   #225
KAC

"Death Stranding" might refer to the act of being death-stranded, your death creating strands rising from your body once you die.

Or it’s the farts that you inevitably leave in your pants when death is chasing you.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:46 AM   #226
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I suppose I could've Googled it. Per the wiki, "Death Stranding" is the name of the cataclysmic event that destroyed the US.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 09:08 AM   #227
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
This has probably already been discussed in this thread, and if so I apologize, but what does the game name mean?
For me as someone who just started the game and does not know too much about the story, I think the perceived meaning of the title is based on Cetacean stranding where whales and dolphins beach themselves and die. Main evidence to this is the title screen which shows beached whales.

The connection to that in the game's story being what has happened to the human race. There's an early game cutscene which shows the protagonists looking up into the sky and can see ghostly figures of people which seem to be "stranded" after death? I don't know. Knowing Kojima I'm sure the meaning in the story will go a lot deeper as it progresses, but that's the initial literal meaning I'm interpreting.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 09:45 AM   #228
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Do they have Monster Energy drinks in the PC version? Just curious if that was a product placement deal for console alone or not?
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 09:52 AM   #229
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Do they have Monster Energy drinks in the PC version? Just curious if that was a product placement deal for console alone or not?

Yep, the branding is still there for this version.
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 09:53 AM   #230
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Yes, they do. I drank one in my room. Then I took a dump.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:52 AM   #231
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Yes, they do. I drank one in my room. Then I took a dump.
a powerful dump!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:59 AM   #232
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:04 AM   #233
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I don't have time to play this game. Bought it anyway. Darn you all to heck!
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:12 AM   #234
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I don't have time to play this game. Bought it anyway. Darn you all to heck!
One does not simply "have time" to play video games.

One MAKES time to play video games.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:14 AM   #235
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
One does not simply "have time" to play video games.

One MAKES time to play video games.
True. Sleep is overrated anyway.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:45 AM   #236
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
a powerful dump!
And apparently they are going to analyze it! Have fun with that!
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:07 PM   #237
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3tty F1y View Post
I don't mind walking around pretty scenery to explore
It just seems like a very empty and dull Fallout game.

Are there detailed towns? Jungles? Dense forests? Vehicle and home remains?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:57 PM   #238
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
They are locked at 60fps not 30.

Maybe Vsync is causing them to switch to 30 if you can't hit 60.
Quote:
Like Sir Baron said, they are actually capped at 60 fps. Gameplay for me is at a steady 60 fps, but the cutscenes are spiking up and down as low as mid 40's. Something is weird with the game on my system. I need to spend some time playing with the graphics settings to see if lowering them helps at all, or if its something borked with the game.
Digital Foundry found some odd behaviour with the cut scenes.

https://youtu.be/ggnvhFSrPGE?t=315

Doesn't really matter. Just cut scene's anyway with a capped frame rate.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 01:12 PM   #239
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Digital Foundry found some odd behaviour with the cut scenes.

https://youtu.be/ggnvhFSrPGE?t=315

Doesn't really matter. Just cut scene's anyway with a capped frame rate.
Well yeah, as long as the gameplay is smooth I can deal with it. But from what I saw so far the cutscene framerate spikes I'm getting make for some pretty jarring visuals. Only really saw two cutscenes so far though, need to spend more time with it.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 01:25 PM   #240
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
It just seems like a very empty and dull Fallout game.

Are there detailed towns? Jungles? Dense forests? Vehicle and home remains?
Not really