Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 14, 2020, 01:42 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hate Kojima, hate MGSs, hate actors in games. Still this sounds like exactly the type of gameplay I will enjoy.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:15 PM   #92
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Hate Kojima, hate MGSs, hate actors in games. Still this sounds like exactly the type of gameplay I will enjoy.
Since it was reduced in price pretty quickly I decided to purchase on the ps4. Personally I found the gameplay pretty boring. Plotting a course and washing and repeating became tedious very quickly. Hope you enjoy it when it releases for the pc
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 03:34 PM   #93
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Since it was reduced in price pretty quickly I decided to purchase on the ps4. Personally I found the gameplay pretty boring. Plotting a course and washing and repeating became tedious very quickly. Hope you enjoy it when it releases for the pc
How far did you get?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2020, 02:10 AM   #94
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
How far did you get?
Probably barely scratched its surface - couple of missions post prologue.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:20 AM   #95
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Do you ever even finish games anyways? From your posts seems like you buy a lot of games but only really play them a few hours to try them then move on.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2020, 02:02 AM   #96
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

This is perfect like a 5 dolla hookah.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:13 PM   #97
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I like sf, exploration and non linear gameplay. Tedious doesn't scare me, not to mention that it's subjective. I find nothing more tedious and lifeless than a linear campaign full of action, cutscenes, plot twists and set pieces in a modern game. I'd rather walk 5 minutes and kill 3 men in a single shootout in ArmA than kill 50 guys in a mainstream shooter, I'd rather destroy a single aircraft in a 10 minutes dogfight in DCS than 30 in AC7 etc etc.

Thanks, I actually just might, only hope it is free or at least light on all that Kojima wannabe director bs. I played a few MGSs and it was unreal, I remember thinking that some of that dialogue, especially with the lenght wouldn't qualify for a third tier radio. Sitting through MGSV introduction was a torture, sure there were a few cool bits but never compensated for all the watching. Wrong medium really though not sure if any other would tolerate his curiosities either, Anime probably would but that's it.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:44 AM   #98
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Do you ever even finish games anyways? From your posts seems like you buy a lot of games but only really play them a few hours to try them then move on.
Truthfully very rarely these days. I tend to lose focus and stray often off the campaign path. Probably an undiagnosed Adult adhd
Old Jan 19, 2020, 09:39 AM   #99
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Probably barely scratched its surface - couple of missions post prologue.
Hence why you found it boring, as the more you go on the more you can do.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 01:02 PM   #100
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

I love this game but totally understand why some could find it boring. My favorite part of the game was the pacing. Most games push you to move forward by throwing non-stop action at you. Death Stranding just let's you do what you want at a much slower pace than normal games. Sometimes I could spend 30-90 minutes just mapping out paths and routes before actually doing any of the game deliveries itself. And, during this time I could get totally side tracked by something interesting. I found it even relaxing to play at times. It is very immersive if you let it.

The game mechanics are totally different and take a long time to fully unfold and the world is deep and complicated. The Decima engine is very impressive. I have no idea how they could make it look so good on my PS4 Pro. Regardless, I could tell by the percentage of chapter complete achievements that many people didn't have the patience to enjoy this game fully. It is sad that a large percentage of people never got far enough to actually see the entire gameplay unfold. Even if you quit, I'd recommend just picking it up and playing again from time to time. The best way to approach the game is to just play it. Focus on what is going on now and don't obsess with finishing a "level". With all of the games today just pushing level-based gratification it is no surprise that this type of game isn't for everyone.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:14 PM   #101
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

So I was using ladders to climb high cliffs on my way to a waypoint. If I disassemble the ladders are they suppose to disappear from my inventory?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 03:44 AM   #102
SirBaron

Yes, leave them there for other people to use when they play.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 01:21 PM   #103
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

The only reason I know of to disassemble a ladder would be if it is in your way or setup wrong. Some structures use chiral network bandwidth so disassembly will free bandwidth for bulking more structures. This was the only reason I ever needed to disassemble anything.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:48 PM   #104
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Here is a good use for all your ladders:

Old Jan 23, 2020, 02:43 AM   #105
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks gents
Old Mar 2, 2020, 02:51 PM   #106
azalea
Radeon R520

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Release date set for June 2nd 2020.

https://deathstrandingpc.505games.co...n-june-2-2020/

"We’re also thrilled to announce that the PC edition of DEATH STRANDING will also feature content from one of Valve’s most iconic franchises, Half-Life."

Now Norman Reedus has crabs.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 03:09 PM   #107
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 03:17 PM   #108
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
Release date set for June 2nd 2020.

https://deathstrandingpc.505games.co...n-june-2-2020/

"We’re also thrilled to announce that the PC edition of DEATH STRANDING will also feature content from one of Valve’s most iconic franchises, Half-Life."

Now Norman Reedus has crabs.
I've seen gameplay of this and it just looks like a walking, packing simulator.

Am I missing anything?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 03:49 PM   #109
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Am I missing anything?
From what I have seen and read, the challenge and fun of the gameplay is in traversing difficult terrain with the cumbersome packages you have to carry. It involves more than just walking in a literal sense.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 03:52 PM   #110
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Am I missing anything?
It is...sort of. Add a cheesy, bonkers Kojima plot and an excellent atmosphere. There is also stealth and combat. I'm not into walking simulators at all but I really liked it on PS4. Will probably, maybe double dip when its cheap only to max out the graphics.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 06:46 PM   #111
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Thanks.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 07:12 PM   #112
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Am I missing anything?
I watched quite a few streams of this game, here was my comment after:

The game does have top notch production quality with amazing world-class cutscenes/motion capture/acting etc, (esp coming down to the end) with a unique story, interesting plot points, varied twists and turns, accompanied by the usual Kojima confusion and uncertainty. So you have to decide whether or not drudging through 30-40 monotonous hours of playing clumsy postman is worth for those 4-5 hours of awesomeness.

Many streamers who were critically harsh on the game during the first 20 hours or so, lightened up into the second half of the game. And I can see why, the first 15 hours are the worst and most frustrating part of the game - from about mid point the pace tends to pick up a bit when different modes of transport open up and the plot begins to thicken.

Definitely not a game for everyone, but there are those who would definitely think the payoff is worth the tedious portions of the game.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI RTX3060Ti 8GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 1TB SSD 870 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 07:53 PM   #113
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
I watched quite a few streams of this game, here was my comment after:

The game does have top notch production quality with amazing world-class cutscenes/motion capture/acting etc, (esp coming down to the end) with a unique story, interesting plot points, varied twists and turns, accompanied by the usual Kojima confusion and uncertainty. So you have to decide whether or not drudging through 30-40 monotonous hours of playing clumsy postman is worth for those 4-5 hours of awesomeness.

Many streamers who were critically harsh on the game during the first 20 hours or so, lightened up into the second half of the game. And I can see why, the first 15 hours are the worst and most frustrating part of the game - from about mid point the pace tends to pick up a bit when different modes of transport open up and the plot begins to thicken.

Definitely not a game for everyone, but there are those who would definitely think the payoff is worth the tedious portions of the game.
Yeah, the trick is to avoid all side missions and just progress through the first 3 chapters. It should't take that long. I remember that there is a dialog at the end of chapter 2 that makes you think that you won't be able to go back to the area you're leaving and won't be able to complete the available side missions, but it's not true. I believe this is why many people didn't progress enough and got tired of the game before it even began.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 08:36 PM   #114
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm interested in this, but not sure I want to get it at full price. I've heard rumours that since the initial rush many of the structures, roads, etc. that people built have decayed so I wonder if the game will be harder with a smaller population?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 08:46 PM   #115
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I'm interested in this, but not sure I want to get it at full price. I've heard rumours that since the initial rush many of the structures, roads, etc. that people built have decayed so I wonder if the game will be harder with a smaller population?
Yip.. same here. Will wait for a deeeeeep discount.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 01:31 PM   #116
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I spent almost a hundred hours exploring the world and enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully all the equipment I left behind is getting a lot of use by others. I liked Death Stranding because it is a unique gaming experience. It doesn't require a grind, you don't need to manage 1200 build combinations, you don't have to train for a week to get past the next boss, and it doesn't require lightning fast resources or death. It's a game that gives back as much as you put into it. It was perfect for an old gamer like me as I needed a break from all the other games that are starting to look like rehashes of each other. I found it relaxing to play.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 01:42 PM   #117
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Will be picking up the PC version on day of release.

Games like this are an island oasis in a sea of same old same old.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2020, 05:35 PM   #118
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Yip.. same here. Will wait for a deeeeeep discount.
I'll get on release.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 05:27 AM   #119
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I spent almost a hundred hours exploring the world and enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully all the equipment I left behind is getting a lot of use by others. I liked Death Stranding because it is a unique gaming experience. It doesn't require a grind, you don't need to manage 1200 build combinations, you don't have to train for a week to get past the next boss, and it doesn't require lightning fast resources or death. It's a game that gives back as much as you put into it. It was perfect for an old gamer like me as I needed a break from all the other games that are starting to look like rehashes of each other. I found it relaxing to play.
This pretty much, I may get the PC version, but depends how "upgraded" it is.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 09:38 AM   #120
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
I'll get on release.
Enjoy!

I have seen the game play.. doesn't look like my type of game.