Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 20, 2022, 02:12 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Their motives aren’t 100% pure. They have new releases coming out on Playstation platform for these franchises. Love it and want more, get a PlayStation. Else wait 4 years or maybe never sequels to come to PC.
To be honest I'm fine waiting for PC releases of Sony exclusives.

Always have plenty of games to keep me occupied.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 02:49 PM   #62
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Quote:
Their motives aren’t 100% pure. They have new releases coming out on Playstation platform for these franchises. Love it and want more, get a PlayStation. Else wait 4 years or maybe never sequels to come to PC.
I don't think they'll be waiting that long anymore for PC releases going forward. Probably a year max for the "top tier" games. If their PC releases keep doing well some could even come day and date.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 02:51 PM   #63
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The uc4 collection/remaster isn't coming out that much later than the ps5 version.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2022, 02:54 PM   #64
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Quote:
If by that you mean their motivation is that they want to sell games, then, yeah, well, no offense, but... Durr.

Sony has said in interviews that creating these AAA+ games is hella expensive. So it's a win-win situation allround. Sony further recoups their tremendous investments, PC gamers get a taste of some of the best games out there, and both parties establish an interesting love affair for the future.

Horizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone have, so far, shown that Playstation gamers aren't greatly upset to share their exclusives with PC gamers. And honestly, I doubt that'll change. Microsoft has long shown that console and PC platforms can live side by side, and it's better to befriend both than to stay all-in on one and ignore the other.

I think having some in-house experience with PC development also helps Sony for whatever their own game pass and streaming ideas are for the near-future.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 09:44 PM   #65
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
IHorizon: Zero Dawn and Days Gone have, so far, shown that Playstation gamers aren't greatly upset to share their exclusives with PC gamers.
Indeed. In many cases, these games are gladly re-bought on PC by PS gamers who have gotten into PC gaming.

So guys, with God of War...

Is it worth interrupting what I've got going on with my backlog to play this?

I'm in the middle of Halo 3, Far Cry: Primal, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Death Stranding, Also PC Building Simulator and Shadowgrounds but that's just for when I don't feel like playing the above (when too intense).
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:56 PM   #66
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Indeed. In many cases, these games are gladly re-bought on PC by PS gamers who have gotten into PC gaming.

I'm in the middle of Halo 3, Far Cry: Primal, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Death Stranding, Also PC Building Simulator and Shadowgrounds but that's just for when I don't feel like playing the above (when too intense).
I like god of war but im not gonna tell you how to play your games lol

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:52 PM   #67
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

God of War is better than all that you are playing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 01:36 AM   #68
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Quote:
r/patientgamers

God of War is a great game, but so is everything else you're already playing. Have fun - GoW will still be there when you're done!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 02:56 AM   #69
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
r/patientgamers

God of War is a great game, but so is everything else you're already playing. Have fun - GoW will still be there when you're done!
this.

God of War is an epic game, but it will be there after you finished the games you're already playing right now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Jan 21, 2022 at 06:53 AM. Reason: grandma ...gramur ...grammer
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 06:49 AM   #70
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

KAC's vote automatically inverts, so it looks like it's 3 - 0 in favor of waiting. That's enough for me. I will make gestures at the Purchase button indicating that I'll be coming back for it.

Many thanks.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 06:58 AM   #71
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
KAC's vote automatically inverts, so it looks like it's 3 - 0 in favor of waiting. That's enough for me. I will make gestures at the Purchase button indicating that I'll be coming back for it.

Many thanks.
Getting advice from people not playing the game makes a lot of sense.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 06:44 PM   #72
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
God of War PC Update 1.0.3 Release Notes

Patch Notes

Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused leaks in memory allocation which could result in either decreased performance or a game client crash.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 05:02 PM   #73
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They are patching things rather quickly

Quote:
PC update 1.04

Fixes

Atreus will now reset his state during restart from checkpoint or saved game if he becomes unresponsive.
Fixed some rare instances of graphics driver crashes.
Fixed an issue with incorrect VRAM detection on Intel XE platform.
Fixed an issue where the display mode setting would visually set to windowed mode when resetting display settings to default on an ultrawide monitor.
Fixed an issue where control functionality would be lost if opening inventory during realm travel sequence.
Fixed a crash that could occur at client shutdown.
Features

Added support for DLSS Sharpening slider.
Other Changes

Added additional logging to crash reports to help identify root causes of intermittent crashes.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 08:21 AM   #74
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Finished it (main story) 8.5/10. Would have been higher if game had not CTD after patch 1.5 but seems fixed now.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:17 AM   #75
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Finished it (main story) 8.5/10. Would have been higher if game had not CTD after patch 1.5 but seems fixed now.
They tried to keep the story Low Key.