Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 22, 2021, 10:05 PM   #1321
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Bro, your sense of humor die or something? Joke, get it?

If you're truly offended PM me and I'll remove the post.
Dec 27, 2018 07:10 PM Expired 20 Called someone retarded

Let me try and call people asshole on the forum and see how far I last.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 07:13 AM   #1322
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dec 27, 2018 07:10 PM Expired 20 Called someone retarded

Let me try and call people asshole on the forum and see how far I last.
Don't fret, I did not call you any such name. You, in fact, violated rules by using profanity. I just changed it a bit joking around and you know this.

Stop making a fuss and run along.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 03:06 PM   #1323
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

and now warhol is apparently back on the table with the latest rumors lol

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2021, 06:33 PM   #1324
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not sure sure it ever was off the table as the rumors about that werent that solid... But now with am5 having only pcie4 at least first gen and out early 2022 warhol might not have along life to it. Unless its the first gen of cpu to run on am5... With zen 4 only coming out later.

Guess we'll have to wait and see but the rumor about am5/pcie4 is from a pretty solid source.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 10:59 AM   #1325
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Am5 Zen3+ or 4 on LGA 1718 socket.

That huge a pin count increase from 1331 to 1718 its not a big surprise we are movin to LGA.

https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-4-rapha...p-to-170w-tdp/

Quote:
AMD Ryzen Raphael 'Zen 4' Desktop CPU Expected Features:

Brand New Zen 4 CPU Cores (IPC / Architectural Improvements)
Brand New TSMC 5nm process node with 7nm IOD
Support on AM5 Platform With LGA1718 Socket
Dual-Channel DDR5 Memory Support
28 PCIe Gen 4.0 Lanes (CPU Exclusive)
105-120W TDPs (Upper Bound Range ~170W)
The only thing about the leak being its still pcie4 for now but since little satureates pcie4. Wonder if pcie5 or 6 will be had later by bios update this time.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 29, 2021, 01:22 PM   #1326
pax
Rage3D Spammer

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 31, 2021, 10:00 PM   #1327
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Keynote their "one more thing" was a prototype ryzen 5900x with 3d stacked cache directly on the die.

gave something like +12% increase in games on average.

production starts end of this year for them.

Old May 31, 2021, 10:02 PM   #1328
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ya they are going from 32 megs per ccd to 196 megs of stacked L3 cache IIGTR... huge increase.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:41 AM   #1329
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

with a 2TB/s transfer rate which is spicey

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 01:04 AM   #1330
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Will believe it when I see it. Is this socket AM4 or AM5?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 07:10 AM   #1331
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Will believe it when I see it. Is this socket AM4 or AM5?

Seems it is AM4 ... just a refresh of the zen 3 architecture.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:08 AM   #1332
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The heat is already bad on these chips. Apparently they just shaved down the CCX and placed this on top, but this will likely just exacerbate the crazy temps on these dense chips.

I'm curious if AMD knows something about AlderLake that we don't, that is pushing them to release a really weird idea to eek out some extra performance. 3D stacking cache and shaving down CCXs to fit it.. very strange indeed to change an already existing design like that.

We'll see how it actually performs.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 11:47 AM   #1333
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://twitter.com/aschilling/statu...63207510765570

Quote:
AMD answered some question on the 3D V-Cache:

- its one layer with 64 MB
- no major effects on thermals
- modest latency increase compared to the L3$
- small impact on power consumption
- the CCD is thinned to add the 3D V-Cache
https://twitter.com/aschilling/statu...63210299973639

Quote:
- existing L3$ area of the Zen 3 CCD was already prepared for this
- seamless expansion of the L3$
- no software adjustments necessary

Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:32 PM   #1334
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Jun 1, 2021, 02:47 PM   #1335
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://twitter.com/IanCutress/statu...66139769602058

Quote:
����. ������ �������������� (@IanCutress)
Confirmed with AMD that V-Cache will be coming to Ryzen Zen 3 products, with production at end of year.

Old Jun 1, 2021, 07:40 PM   #1336
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post

glad i didn't upgrade now
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:41 AM   #1337
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

glad i didn't upgrade now
It is possible an increase price over the 5x00x because of the 3d v-cache and all new stuff.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 12:56 AM   #1338
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
It is possible an increase price over the 5x00x because of the 3d v-cache and all new stuff.
Prices will be dictated by competition with intel. At least to some degree. I mean I wouldnt buy a 6800x that is 2x the price of the alder lake equivalent...

I just hope its on am5. And that am5 has both ddr4/ddr5 support so I can reuse my ram for now.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jun 2, 2021, 01:16 AM   #1339
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Prices will be dictated by competition with intel. At least to some degree. I mean I wouldnt buy a 6800x that is 2x the price of the alder lake equivalent...

I just hope its on am5. And that am5 has both ddr4/ddr5 support so I can reuse my ram for now.

This is not AM5 imo.It's just a Zen3 refresh that will battle alder lake.Keep in mind that new boards with X570S will apear.If there was AM5 this year it would make the X570s a waste of resources and r&d for all parties involved.