Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:53 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Rage golfing. Is that like when you throw your putter at the guy next to you because you missed the hole that was only two feet away...three times?

If so, I'm in.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:01 PM   #32
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just won my first round match in our club championship, 1up. I've never made it out of the first round before so it's kinda a big deal for me.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 02:08 PM   #33
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Just won my first round match in our club championship, 1up. I've never made it out of the first round before so it's kinda a big deal for me.
Congrats, dude! Keep up the good playing.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 16, 2019, 02:11 PM   #34
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Congrats!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 09:43 PM   #35
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I bought a set of clubs couple weeks ago and played my first round at the course I've worked grounds maintenance at for 17 years
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:58 PM   #36
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
I bought a set of clubs couple weeks ago and played my first round at the course I've worked grounds maintenance at for 17 years
annnnd……. tell us all how well that went...

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:26 PM   #37
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Rage golfing. Is that like when you throw your putter at the guy next to you because you missed the hole that was only two feet away...three times?

If so, I'm in.
Its when you aim for the butthole of the rager next to you because he wants manches, and your suckage of golf inadvertently makes you an expert of manches.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:05 PM   #38
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
Congrats, dude! Keep up the good playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Congrats!
Thanks, won my second round match today. Next I have to play the #1 seed.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:41 PM   #39
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Thanks, won my second round match today. Next I have to play the #1 seed.
You'll be fine, just have fun. Golfers tend to play up to (and down to) their opponents.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 03:12 PM   #40
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

I lost to the #1 seed. He was 2 under after 5 and I was down 0-4. I finished the front strong and was only one down at the turn. Ended up losing 3&2. I had fun. As the saying goes, a bad day on the golf course beats a good day at work.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 06:49 PM   #41
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Love golf myself, went to Orlando back in May for a weeks with the guys and played a bunch of games. From there i may play once a month. Want to play more but my only days are Sundays and its hard to get everyone together at the same time as we all have diff scheds.

My prob is consistency. I can shoot a 90 or 115 and everything in between.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2019, 06:56 PM   #42
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

You need to go to the driving range 3 times a week for 30 minutes though...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2019, 08:51 PM   #43
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
You need to go to the driving range 3 times a week for 30 minutes though...
I think its more of a mental thing for me, the focus, which is interesting bc usually im pretty good with that stuff but when it comes to golf its just.. gone l
Old Jul 31, 2019, 08:05 AM   #44
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Sure, but to retain muscle memory, especially if you get a session with a coach, you need
to practice 3-4 times a week...

Back when I golfed regularly, I saw a huge improvement when I when driving two evenings a week.

Just 50 to 100 drives, slow relaxed pace helps a lot!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2019, 08:34 AM   #45
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post

If so, I'm in.

That's the only way I golf
Old Aug 4, 2019, 01:44 PM   #46
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Sure, but to retain muscle memory, especially if you get a session with a coach, you need
to practice 3-4 times a week...

Back when I golfed regularly, I saw a huge improvement when I when driving two evenings a week.

Just 50 to 100 drives, slow relaxed pace helps a lot!
Tru!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 05:38 PM   #47
JZL
Starship Trooper

Frickle-frackle, I golfed well for maybe one weekend the whole year. I've spent so much time in the gawddanged trees I have to leave breadcrumbs to find my way back to the fairways. My punch-out shots are fantastic!

I really need to lose 20 or 50 lbs. or so.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:11 PM   #48
JZL
Starship Trooper

I hit a 9 150 today-- shades of the good ole days when my 150 was a 9 and my 200 was a 5-iron.

Unfortunately, the pin was only 135, but oh well.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 07:54 PM   #49
JZL
Starship Trooper

I finally made it to golf heaven . . . Free range balls, chipping/bunker practice green, wedge-practice green, great course . . .

. . . and I have the gawddamn yips!!
Old Jul 8, 2020, 08:09 PM   #50
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

^^^^ Nice. My game is $h1t this year but still having fun playing.

Covid made golf better in my area. Courses got less play over the winter and now that they are open they spaced tee times out more and one person per cart speeds play.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:33 PM   #51
JZL
Starship Trooper

I bought a Grip Clip. I over-tinkered with my grip and got lost and this has helped just in the couple days I've had it (not playing with it, just re-setting my grip).

Scored my first birdie of the year today.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 09:29 PM   #52
JZL
Starship Trooper

Weird-ass round today after not having played for two weeks:

I definitely needed some practice after two weeks of not playing and my practice balls were good, especially nutting some 4-irons off a tee and then for good measure two more pured ones without a tee.
The (9-hole) round itself started out OK and I rattled the pin on #2, barely missing a birdie. Then the round went to sh1t. My 4-iron off the next tee shanked into the water leading to three holes of golf torture.
Then the bad shots started to become okay shots and my chipping and putting stoked up and the golf gods shined on me at the end when I scalded a medium range approach through the frontside bunker and onto the green. The birdie putt missed by two inches.
I think I remembered to have fun when I stopped caring. I also think that without games, we'd probably beat each other to death eventually. As Jamie Foxx once said, "You gotta blow that sh1t out."
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:15 AM   #53
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

Whole season has been off for me this year(clueless). Then Saturday I shoot 75 and win ~$200. Still down much more than that for the year.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 09:02 PM   #54
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've always wanted to learn golf, but truth be told, my spinal health isn't nearly as healthy as it should be. Recently found out I had bone spurs and my back gets incredibly stiff when I swing the club a tad too hard.

Say, any advice for a 40 year old dude who nearly never exercises?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:38 AM   #55
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I've always wanted to learn golf, but truth be told, my spinal health isn't nearly as healthy as it should be. Recently found out I had bone spurs and my back gets incredibly stiff when I swing the club a tad too hard.

I think stretching is essential for most of us older golfers. Helps body and mind.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 08:33 AM   #56
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Going to go play 9 holes today whoop. First time this year so probably going to suck
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:45 AM   #57
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Ditto about stretching. Also, maybe get a donut swing weight to help loosen up before rounds and for practice swings.

You don't have to swing hard to hit a good shot. Making contact on the middle of the face of the club (the sweet spot) is more important.

Spend more money on lessons than equipment. I'd get at least one lesson just to make sure you have a good grip on the club.

Practice putting, chip shots, and punch shots a lot. At the beginning you'll hit it into the shiznit and have to hit low short "punch" shots to get out of trouble. You won't hit the green much so you'll have to hit short chips from around the green to get close to the hole. Every golfer needs to practice putting.
When practicing, focus on your swing; when playing, focus on the shot. You'll know what this means the first time you play.

Have fun. You're hitting a 1.5" ball into a 4" hole starting out on average 370 yards away. It can be frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Going to go play 9 holes today whoop. First time this year so probably going to suck
Sometimes when you haven't played in a while you forget some of the bad stuff you'd been doing and it isn't too awful bad.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:55 AM   #58
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

Played again today, back to sucking hard.
Golf seems simple. For most it is a life long reminder that you suck.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 05:25 PM   #59
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post

Sometimes when you haven't played in a while you forget some of the bad stuff you'd been doing and it isn't too awful bad.
Yeah didn't go to badly, played how I generally play, hit the ball well, just can't hit straight it was just crazy hot, was probably around 100 degrees stage the humidity, glad it was only 9 holes