Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 28, 2008, 07:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

Default More Bad Chips From nVidia

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...fective-nvidia

I know I know Charlie is a POS liar and all this info should be disregarded right?
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:03 AM   #2
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

"and NV is refusing to come clean, mainly because the problems just might sink the company if it does"
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:12 AM   #3
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't know, don't know the specifics and one must decipher the information to really gauge what is up.

Seems to be a thermal issue but whom is to blame? The point is it needs to be solved.........instead of blaming. Hopefully they're all working on this to solve it.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:13 PM   #4
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Nvidia lied to us, again. At least my Hp laptop got a reliable intel gpu inside.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:29 PM   #5
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesteronyer6 View Post
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...fective-nvidia

I know I know Charlie is a POS liar and all this info should be disregarded right?
jester, you are suppose to be posting good things about nvidia so that you can be considered to become a candidate for nv focus group member.

The short story is that all G84 and G86 chips are bad, period.

I don't know about how true that is when they say all chips are bad(unless they are implying that rest of the G84 and G86 chips that are working currently are going to give problems in the future), however few batches of them might be bad I think it was the inquirer or some other source which stated that at first.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:06 PM   #6
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
Nvidia lied to us, again. At least my Hp laptop got a reliable, yet nearly useless intel gpu inside.
fix'd
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 01:05 AM   #7
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
fix'd
Very funny at least it does what its meant to do.

So, did you get a good warranty for your laptop? I´ve read asus machines were failing too...
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:54 AM   #8
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeap, I got 3 years total
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:10 PM   #9
FearTheTerp
Dont worry, be happy

FearTheTerp is still being judged by the masses

Dell has only given a BIOS update, and no extended warranty yet. Checking some Dell forums I have a feeling that nothing is going to be done apart from the BIOS update which only makes the fan kick in earlier.

Nvidia did kind of admit that there were problems.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1215037160521.html
Memory:Corsair TWIN2x2048-5400
Graphics Card: eVGA 8600GT
Antec Neo HE 550

Dell XPS 1530
2.2 T7500 Core 2 Duo
Ocz 4GB PC5400
8600m GT 256mb

Last edited by FearTheTerp : Jul 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
FearTheTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:11 PM   #10
JethroBodine
Banned

JethroBodine is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTerp View Post
Dell has only given a BIOS update, and no extended warranty yet. Checking some Dell forums I have a feeling that nothing is going to be done apart from the BIOS update which only makes the fan kick in earlier.

It could be the fan kicking in earlier is all it needs to prevent the chips from overheating?
JethroBodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:47 PM   #11
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheTerp View Post

that is not coming clean.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote