Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 20, 2022, 02:14 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
Hopefully he's not violent. But, you never know. If I were you I'd at least have some pepper spray and maybe a baseball bat handy. You may have more than that and that's fine. As long as you have something. Believe me the ones that are mentally not right can be a unbelievable handful. I know from experience. And you NEVER know what they'll do.

EDIT: I almost lost a eye to a guy half my size because I underestimated him. He had crazy strength.
this !

He might become aggressive when you tell to go.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2022, 03:40 PM   #62
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
so when you lifted your shirt you were actually showing him your manboobs......?

I will not be fooled by your story's implied visual intimidation!
It was a Sig p365XL on my side. There was no cleavage involved.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 08:35 AM   #63
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
In his pantz?
, long johns.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:35 PM   #64
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

arghh....can't remember how to YT embed

Last edited by huskylord : Jan 21, 2022 at 12:42 PM.
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 01:50 PM   #65
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
so when you lifted your shirt you were actually showing him your manboobs......?

I will not be fooled by your story's implied visual intimidation!
"Hey man, I'm not ****in around!"

*Lifts shirt and flops his hairy man titty around*
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 01:51 PM   #66
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
*Lifts shirt and flops his hairy man titty around*
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 03:41 PM   #67
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Them homeless mofos will stab you in a hurry. They need their next fix.

People giving them money, might as well just be buying meth or heroin for them.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:11 PM   #68
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The police stopped by to see if I wanted to file a report about the stolen circular saw. I explained that I don't really care about the saw, or getting it back, or catching the guy who stole it... I just want to make sure he doesn't keep coming back. If filing the report strengthens my position, then sure.

They said I don't need to file a police report now. I should keep the security videos. If he comes back after I tell him he's not welcome, then I can always file the report retroactively.

So basically I have to wait for Manny to come back again, explain to him that he's no longer welcome and that if he comes back after that, that I'll call the police. Then if he comes back again, I call the police, file the report, etc. I wish he'd hurry up and come here so I can get this done. It makes me anxious to have to wait.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:15 PM   #69
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
The police stopped by to see if I wanted to file a report about the stolen circular saw. I explained that I don't really care about the saw, or getting it back, or catching the guy who stole it... I just want to make sure he doesn't keep coming back. If filing the report strengthens my position, then sure.

They said I don't need to file a police report now. I should keep the security videos. If he comes back after I tell him he's not welcome, then I can always file the report retroactively.

So basically I have to wait for Manny to come back again, explain to him that he's no longer welcome and that if he comes back after that, that I'll call the police. Then if he comes back again, I call the police, file the report, etc. I wish he'd hurry up and come here so I can get this done. It makes me anxious to have to wait.
That also puts you in an awkward spot too. Hopefully he doesn't try and retaliate in some way. You got guns?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 04:36 PM   #70
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well it's done.

While driving out of my neighborhood for an errand, I found Manny walking along the sidewalk of the main road. I flagged him down, hopped out of my car and spoke with him.

"Manny, I'm glad I found you. Listen, don't come back to my house. Ever."

"Why, what happened?"

"I have security camera footage of you stealing my tools in the middle of the night. Don't come back to my house, ever again, for any reason."

"I have it, I'm bringing it back---"

If you come back on my property for any reason I'll call the police and you'll be arrested. Don't come back"

"No, you don't understand, I---"

Me raising my voice: "I don't care what you have to say. Don't come back. Ever. If you come back for any reason ever, I'll call the police and you'll be arrested. Do you understand?"

Manny starts shouting back.

I shout over him: "do I need to show all of my neighbors the security footage?"

"Fine, you do that!"

"Don't come back, ever. If you come on my property for any reason I'll call the police."

Manny shouts obscenities at me as I get back in my car and drive away.

I called my wife immediately after, let her know what happened. The new protocol is to call 911 if he shows up again. I doubt he'll come back, but you never can tell.

I'm considering printing up a flyer with photos from my security footage and distributing to all my neighbors. Maybe that's going ng a bit too far? But I'd like to make my street as hostile environment for him as possible. Thoughts?

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 22, 2022, 05:16 PM   #71
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Tough situation man. It's really rough because from everything you've said .. I don't think he's malicious or seen it as stealing - maybe just borrowing. I understand you did what you had to do, though.

I wouldn't do the flyer thing unless something else happens. Do things incrementally as you have been, I think you've done everything right. You turn the entire neighborhood against the guy and suddenly people start harassing the guy just walking down the road.. I'm not sure.

Such a tough situation to be in! Damn.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 05:27 PM   #72
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I saw him again a few minutes ago (maybe 30 minutes after I told him to stay away), walking up the cross street from my house. Apparently he's not spooked enough to stay out of my neighborhood. But he hasn't come on my street yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Tough situation man. It's really rough because from everything you've said .. I don't think he's malicious or seen it as stealing - maybe just borrowing. I understand you did what you had to do, though.
If you watched the security video, how he sneaks up trying to cover his face with his hood, and then stumbling over some scrap wood as he runs away, you'd see that he knows he's stealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I wouldn't do the flyer thing unless something else happens. Do things incrementally as you have been, I think you've done everything right. You turn the entire neighborhood against the guy and suddenly people start harassing the guy just walking down the road.. I'm not sure.

Such a tough situation to be in! Damn.
That's what my wife is telling me too. We're out on vacation over the next couple weeks, so I'm tempted just so the neighbors can watch out for him while we're gone.

At least we have one of those internet security cameras, so we'll see him even from Hawaii.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 22, 2022, 05:32 PM   #73
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah, if that's how he rolled on the camera.. it is what it is mam. The second you said he stole the saw, I feel like it's fair game. What you do now is fully justified, but I'd say it's always good to keep your cards in your pocket until you have to play them.

I would tell your neighbors so they can keep a lookout, but I wouldn't do the flyers just yet. People are sick ****s, and like I said, next thing you know Manny is getting shot just for walking down the road because someone already has a preconceived notion of his intentions due to the flyers you placed.

Regardless, it's a tough one, but can't blame you either way you go..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 06:37 PM   #74
Greasy
ODI

Don't post flyers. Just ignore him and carry a weapon in case he loses his **** one day on you. They seem to typically only have knives, so watch your back. Don't let him run up on you without being able to distance yourself.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 06:50 PM   #75
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

From my experience dealing with this kind of thing. I'd lay money on him coming back. I hope he doesn't I REALLY hope he doesn't. But, as a ex LEO I feel like he will. Just be prepared in case he does.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 06:58 PM   #76
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Flyers are not a good idea. Timing is bad since you are going on vacation too.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 07:07 PM   #77
Greasy
ODI

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Flyers are not a good idea. Timing is bad since you are going on vacation too.
Gonna come back to a squatter.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 08:26 PM   #78
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
From my experience dealing with this kind of thing. I'd lay money on him coming back. I hope he doesn't I REALLY hope he doesn't. But, as a ex LEO I feel like he will. Just be prepared in case he does.
My wife understands the protocol: If Manny comes back, call 911 and bring the police out.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 22, 2022, 08:43 PM   #79
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkytprice can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
My wife understands the protocol: If Manny comes back, call 911 and bring the police out.
I understand. I'm just worried if he catches either of you outside in the yard or getting in the car. I'm not trying to alarm anyone.
It's just how my mind works. Once you get in this mindset it kinda never goes away.
I'll not mention it anymore.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 09:08 PM   #80
Greasy
ODI

Since you're in CA you probably don't own any guns, so get a machete on amazon. Your knife will be bigger than his.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 09:24 PM   #81
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Seems a lot like I told you so situation.

Not sure how houses are on US but be sure to lock your valuables before going on vacation and park your car in the garage and lock it down.

Also buy family and house/valuables insurance.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:01 PM   #82
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems a lot like I told you so situation.

Not sure how houses are on US but be sure to lock your valuables before going on vacation and park your car in the garage and lock it down.

Also buy family and house/valuables insurance.
I don't leave anything out that I wouldn't be willing to lose if someone stole it. Still, thieves who steal my stuff can burn in hell. I see no contradiction between those 2 statements.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 23, 2022, 03:57 PM   #83
Koenig
He wo hitte

Koenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete strangerKoenig once held a door open for a complete stranger

I agree with Nunz and others about the flyers. But I would avoid doing that so as not to provoke him to retaliate against you for plastering his face around the neighborhood . Now, if more incidents occur with him with other neighbors, then yeah, might as well broadcast at that point.

屁をひつて尻窄め "Breaking wind, closing buttocks" - Japanese Proverb

www.angelman.org
www.cureangelman.org
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2022, 06:08 PM   #84
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
I agree with Nunz and others about the flyers. But I would avoid doing that so as not to provoke him to retaliate against you for plastering his face around the neighborhood . Now, if more incidents occur with him with other neighbors, then yeah, might as well broadcast at that point.
Agreed. If he leaves it alone, then I don't want to do anything to further escalate.

If he comes around again, for any reason, then I'm going to:
  • Call 911 and get the police out immediately
  • File police reports for stolen tools & trespassing
  • File for a restraining order
  • Hire a hitman to make it look like an "accident"
  • Post flyers all over the neighborhood

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:00 PM   #85
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Well it's done.

While driving out of my neighborhood for an errand, I found Manny walking along the sidewalk of the main road. I flagged him down, hopped out of my car and spoke with him.

"Why, what happened?"

"I have security camera footage of you stealing my tools in the middle of the night. Don't come back to my house, ever again, for any reason."

If you come back on my property for any reason I'll call the police and you'll be arrested. Don't come back"

Me raising my voice: "I don't care what you have to say. Don't come back. Ever. If you come back for any reason ever, I'll call the police and you'll be arrested. Do you understand?"

"Fine, you do that!"

"Don't come back, ever. If you come on my property for any reason I'll call the police."

I called my wife immediately after, let her know what happened. The new protocol is to call 911 if he shows up again. I doubt he'll come back, but you never can tell.

I'm considering printing up a flyer with photos from my security footage and distributing to all my neighbors. Maybe that's going ng a bit too far? But I'd like to make my street as hostile environment for him as possible. Thoughts?
Typical. You tell him not to come to your property anymore due to him being a thief and a lier, then he gets angry at you for telling him to leave you alone. This is a common ending when engaging with homeless people in any capacity.

You were being more than gracious with him at the beginning, but they just aren't worth it.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 02:04 PM   #86
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Well it's done.

"Why, what happened?"

"Fine, you do that!"

Well done!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote