Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 2, 2021, 06:00 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yes my contribution to your life has always been meaningful.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2021, 07:21 AM   #62
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Plus I like spamming every GPU thread on how I'm still sitting on the picket fence.
Perma....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2021, 01:47 PM   #63
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
I knew from the very beginning that I'd end up in this spot if I didn't pull the trigger early. I knew that by half or just over the life span of this architecture I'd be left with an upgrade itch.

I also considered the fact that if I were to upgrade late I would regret it as the next gen rumors and facts would increase and the prices wouldn't get better. I didn't predict they'd get worse, though. The former is why I didn't pull the trigger.

Plus I like spamming every GPU thread on how I'm still sitting on the picket fence.

Maybe grab something cheaper like a 3070/ti to tie you over for a year? They are very capable at 1440p
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:59 AM   #64
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Maybe grab something cheaper like a 3070/ti to tie you over for a year? They are very capable at 1440p
I can attest that the 3070 is very capable at 1440p.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 09:03 PM   #65
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Technically I play on 3070 all the time while my 3090 mines lol. So yes 3070 is dope af.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 02:46 AM   #66
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have decided to go with an ASUS TUF 3070 Ti for now. Who knows, perhaps I'll use it to hold off on the 4080 and go to 5080

I’m also getting $100 e-gift card use on it too

Should be busy starting these now

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 5, 2021 at 03:50 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2021, 03:56 AM   #67
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

The thing with the 3070 / 3070 ti is they have only 8gb.For a 1440p this begins to become a problem.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 04:04 AM   #68
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have no VRAM issues with the 1080 at 1440, only horse power. The 3070 Ti is also a good 4K card in many games and with its 8GB. Reviews show that up to 1440p this card is best even with RT enabled. Well, actually this card is aimed at 1440p.

However, I'm not expecting to keep this card for 4 years.

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 5, 2021 at 04:25 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 05:30 AM   #69
KAC

That’s tight.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 06:43 AM   #70
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I have no VRAM issues with the 1080 at 1440, only horse power. The 3070 Ti is also a good 4K card in many games and with its 8GB. Reviews show that up to 1440p this card is best even with RT enabled. Well, actually this card is aimed at 1440p.

However, I'm not expecting to keep this card for 4 years.
Imo 1440p + RTX will need more than 8gb in some games.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 08:06 AM   #71
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I have decided to go with an ASUS TUF 3070 Ti for now.
How much and is this for real or not?

yoz
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:02 PM   #72
KAC

Only 3 games where I have witnessed issue with 8 GB are:

Farcry 6 with HD texture which is a bug.
Forza Horizon 5 with extreme world detail - runs sometimes into bandwidth issue.
Resident evil 8 in outside area in one checkpoint but it was also a bug apparently.

These are all with maxed out settings and 4xAA and RTX on.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 01:44 PM   #73
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Only 3 games where I have witnessed issue with 8 GB are:

Farcry 6 with HD texture which is a bug.
Forza Horizon 5 with extreme world detail - runs sometimes into bandwidth issue.
Resident evil 8 in outside area in one checkpoint but it was also a bug apparently.

These are all with maxed out settings and 4xAA and RTX on.
Those are just the beggining of a new era.If he buys an 8gb card now the chances that new triple AAA games to run in ram capacity will be very high.
i do feel the safe bet now is at least 10gb.
The irony is that the 3060 has 12gb but the card itself is too underpowered to matter.I am not sure why such an underpowered card got such a big quantity of vram and the more expensive ones except 3090 got less...The new 2060 will also get 12gb ram.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 03:49 PM   #74
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
How much and is this for real or not?
It’s not for real. I jest

I picked up the 3080 TUF
Old Dec 5, 2021, 04:53 PM   #75
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Good work badsykes ^

+rep

Oh, and enjoy mega
Old Dec 5, 2021, 05:39 PM   #76
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I picked up the 3080 TUF
Bull, pics or STFU.

yoz
Old Dec 5, 2021, 05:42 PM   #77
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Dec 5, 2021, 06:39 PM   #78
acroig
Troll SMod

Awaiting warehouse allocation? As in not in actual stock? OK......

yoz
Old Dec 5, 2021, 06:40 PM   #79
Megaman
Packing heat!

It’s at their supplier in another suburb. Be in my hands probably tomorrow.

System Specs already up to date to avoid 3 week ban.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 08:43 PM   #80
KAC

Nub post benches.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 08:49 PM   #81
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
It’s at their supplier in another suburb. Be in my hands probably tomorrow.

System Specs already up to date to avoid 3 week ban.
Seeing is believing......

yoz
Old Dec 5, 2021, 08:51 PM   #82
Megaman
Packing heat!

STFU

Old Dec 6, 2021, 02:08 AM   #83
KAC

Gay where dat card?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 02:11 AM   #84
Megaman
Packing heat!

What card?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 03:09 AM   #85
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Dec 6, 2021, 05:17 AM   #86
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Good work badsykes ^

+rep

Oh, and enjoy mega
Thx !

The thing is the a 3070 / 3070ti for 1080p would run everything with RTX, hd textures ultra and whatever you want...It doesn't go over 8gb either.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 07:09 AM   #87
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
STFU

, ok.

yoz
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:08 AM   #88
KAC

Quote:
What card?
Forever Mega gay!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:13 AM   #89
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Forever Mega gay!

yoz
Old Dec 6, 2021, 02:11 PM   #90
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands