Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 13, 2021, 08:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default 3080 or 3080Ti?

Which one?

I’m not fond of the 3090. I’m still on the ASUS TUF, leaning towards the 3080Ti version.

Thoughts?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:09 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wait until these "Super" variants that are apparently releasing soon.

I wouldn't overpay a dime, though. MSRP or don't bother.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:11 PM   #3
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You reckon the super variants will flood the market reducing prices? Maybe I should wait it out.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:28 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I don't know about lowering prices, since demand is so high and supply has been so poor, but maybe you'll be able to get a better card..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:36 PM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Id say whatever you can get your hands on first mega. If you secure a ti just make sure you have 3 8 pin pci-e cables lol

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:40 PM   #6
Megaman
Packing heat!

The Ti I want only takes 2
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:44 PM   #7
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

3080 if it's at retail. Ti if it's within 100-150 bucks more.

I put a 3090 FTW in my rig last week, and didn't even notice a difference. Buddy bought it, and it wasn't working in his rig. He brought it over to test, and it turned out one of his extension cables was a six pin.

The 3080 is (was) the sweet spot IMO.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:46 PM   #8
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah the Ti is $200 more than the 3080. Probably with the $200.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:55 PM   #9
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The 3080 is slightly better value (lol) but I'd go with the Ti if you don't plan to upgrade for a while. It gives you peace of mind knowing you went with the faster option in the first place and saves us from remorse threads.

I'd also suggest upping the resolution for it. 1440p doesn't allow it to shine and gains don't look as big.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 11:22 PM   #10
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

3080 Ti for sure mega gay.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 07:43 AM   #11
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
The 3080 is slightly better value (lol) but I'd go with the Ti if you don't plan to upgrade for a while. It gives you peace of mind knowing you went with the faster option in the first place and saves us from remorse threads.

I'd also suggest upping the resolution for it. 1440p doesn't allow it to shine and gains don't look as big.
Seconded and I'd get one ASAP, holidays are coming and supply is NOT getting any better.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 08:48 AM   #12
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How I feel reading this thread

Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 08:59 AM   #13
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Oct 14, 2021, 09:03 AM   #14
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Whichever you can get first. The 3080 Ti/3090 are at best 13% more performance than the 3080.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 09:49 AM   #15
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Whichever you can get first. The 3080 Ti/3090 are at best 13% more performance than the 3080.
Depends on the game engine, resolution used and OC headroom for each card. I've seen up to 25% improvement in some titles.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 14, 2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:26 AM   #16
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Nope.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 02:29 PM   #17
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Where are you guys finding these at or close to MSRP? I've been in the market forever, and haven't sniffed MSRP in well over a year.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 02:34 PM   #18
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Where are you guys finding these at or close to MSRP? I've been in the market forever, and haven't sniffed MSRP in well over a year.
You didn't read about Evileh walking into a Best Buy and asking for a 3080Ti? Just lucky that way.

yoz
Old Oct 14, 2021, 02:50 PM   #19
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You didn't read about Evileh walking into a Best Buy and asking for a 3080Ti? Just lucky that way.
I try to avoid depressing news.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 03:13 PM   #20
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

yoz
Old Oct 14, 2021, 03:59 PM   #21
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Quote:
Whoops lmmmfao

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:19 AM   #22
Megaman
Packing heat!

I'll hold out for the Super early next year, see what's what then.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 01:10 AM   #23
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Nub
Old Oct 15, 2021, 01:10 AM   #24
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Nub
Mega gay
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:53 AM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Quote:
Mega gay

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:03 PM   #26
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Depends on the game engine, resolution used and OC headroom for each card. I've seen up to 25% improvement in some titles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Nope.
I have not heard or seen about such large differences in performance. There is a ~23% increase in core count between between the 3080, and 3090. So you're talking about the absolute best cases in performance. (And core count is kind of a secondary driver of performance in games.)

Do you have any specific examples?

All launch benchmarks reported "at best" differences of ~13% between the 3080, and the 3090 (as a result, the 3080 Ti too).
https://www.techspot.com/review/2105-geforce-rtx-3090/
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...-3090-review/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtkk-_0jrPU

Here is a 15 day old benchmark, and again the biggest differences are also about 15%:
Quote:
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:15 PM   #27
Megaman
Packing heat!

Can’t see the video but from memory the higher perf differences come from higher resolutions which is where these cards excel at.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 06:19 PM   #28
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

For what it's worth, all those tests included at least 4K results. If there were extras, that was on top of 4K data.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 15, 2021, 08:37 PM   #29
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Generally about 10-15% more performance for Ti over vanilla, and another 3-5% for 3090 over the Ti.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:23 PM   #30
KAC

3080 Ti performed almost exactly same as a 3090 in the few games I tested before I sold it off.