Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:47 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

It's official. I pick up my car on September 22nd.

Woohoo!
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:19 AM   #32
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

That was quick! Awaiting the inevitable pics.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2021, 03:22 AM   #33
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Tight
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 15, 2021, 03:03 PM   #34
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

yay, my order got moved back, and now magically moved up to Dec 5 - 20th.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 04:53 PM   #35
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Snow tires and winter wheels showed up for the M3P yesterday. I'm excited, but I'd be happy if it took quite some time before they're needed.

18" MSW Type 73 wheels
235/45R-18 Continental VikingContact 7 XL tires

Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:43 PM   #36
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Bitch please. We wants to see the car. Not some tires.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:14 PM   #37
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Bitch please. We wants to see the car. Not some tires.
I don't pick it up until Wednesday (9/22).

Sorry.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 05:48 AM   #38
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I actually do like the tires and love the rims.
Did you get your wall charger installed yet?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 06:58 AM   #39
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
I actually do like the tires and love the rims.
Did you get your wall charger installed yet?
It will be installed on 9/29.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 01:33 AM   #40
KAC

Can’t wait to see. Please do post information about wall charger and it’s proficiency in charging the car.

Also the rims are great!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:07 AM   #41
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Can’t wait to see. Please do post information about wall charger and it’s proficiency in charging the car.

Also the rims are great!
Are you feeling okay, KAC?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:10 AM   #42
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
maybe there's a full electric Ford Edge around the corner

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:13 AM   #43
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Old Sep 20, 2021, 08:29 AM   #44
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

arghhh...went to downgrade my tires from 20inch to 19 and save $2,600 (Cad) and get a bit more range.....now my delivery date slipped from Dec to March.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 06:47 PM   #45
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Do today was ****ed up. I don't even have words.

Picked up my Tesla, drove about 100 miles, and then this happened:

Had to wait an hour for roadside assistance. The car had no power so they had to drag the car on skates onto a flatbed. Oh, and the driver also slammed my car's passenger door shut, but since the window had no power it didn't lower to make it past the trim/frame and created a nice scuff down to the metal.

We then took the car 28 miles to the service center. They have my car. I have a loaner Model 3 Long Range.

This ****ing sucks.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 07:25 PM   #46
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Sorry to hear man hopefully they can make things right. Did they let you leave without a full charge?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2021, 07:38 PM   #47
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh man...that is ****ed. With Tesla it really is heaven or hell.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 07:47 PM   #48
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Sorry to hear man hopefully they can make things right. Did they let you leave without a full charge?
I think it was at 80% or so. I don't remember.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 08:55 PM   #49
KAC

Damn, that sucks.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:22 PM   #50
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

yikes thats an awful first experience.....

hope it gets better.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 07:25 PM   #51
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That blows man.

but obligatory don't you wish you still had your Supra LOL
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 07:59 PM   #52
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's awful. Any word on what caused it? I'm guessing 80% should do a good bit more than 100 miles.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:02 PM   #53
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That's awful. Any word on what caused it? I'm guessing 80% should do a good bit more than 100 miles.
The high voltage battery pack wasn't dead. I had 122 miles of range left.

The Tesla has more than one battery system. I believe a 350v system for the motors and a 12v system for the other electronics. The system does charge the 12 volt, but my understanding is the pyro fuse for the high voltage system blew (by design) when it recognized a fault. From cases I have seen it has been related to the inverter portion of the rear drive unit. This is what triggered the errors and why the car told me I had to pull over/would not go back into drive.

At this point nothing was charging the 12v system and everything was operating on that battery alone. After sitting in the car and operating the windows, hazard lights, and the display that battery eventually drained.There are actually two leads in the tow hook hole for a batttery/jumper pack to connect to so the frunk can be opened (I also believe that it could have been used to temporarily power the car to actually roll down the windows vs slamming them past the trim as well as turning on the display to put it into tow mode), but I am just going to get more pissed at the tow truck driver if I keep thinking about it. You would think that of Tesla is going to contract a specific company for towing/roadside assistance that they would know this. I only found out after the fact.

Anyway, I am waiting to hear from service.

Last edited by Clockwork : Sep 23, 2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:24 PM   #54
KAC

I hope they replace your car. I wouldn’t want to live with a lemon.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:36 PM   #55
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I hope they replace your car. I wouldn’t want to live with a lemon.
There is no real legal protection that would allow for that. Their only responsibility is to cure the issue. Lemon law would take 4 repairs for the same issue or more than 30 days in service.

I am not happy, but I am not bent out of shape...yet. I was much worse yesterday. If it is a drive unit replacement, I think I would be comfortable with that. These things remind me of LEGO. Look how basic this is:

https://youtu.be/m4eQ7nN_Lwo
Old Sep 24, 2021, 03:42 AM   #56
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks for the explanation Clockwork. I really hope everything is repaired properly and no repeat failures in the future.

That would have destroyed any confidence I had in the vehicle to begin with….at least with a ‘legacy’ (can I use that yet? Lol) vehicle I know what to look for regarding failures. I wouldn’t know where to start with an EV and that makes me nervous.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 08:33 AM   #57
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

It sounds like this happens more often than I realized:

https://jalopnik.com/a-tesla-brickin...-th-1847734019
Old Sep 24, 2021, 08:38 AM   #58
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
It sounds like this happens more often than I realized:

https://jalopnik.com/a-tesla-brickin...-th-1847734019
That’s a scary thought….
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:25 AM   #59
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well Tesla is NOT known for its quality.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:28 AM   #60
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Well Tesla is NOT known for its quality.....
There's plenty of breakdowns of Tesla's that have shown they are doing whatever they can to cut costs heavily, even if it sacrifices quality.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote